PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The state of my Alty  (Read 41870 times)

taxi Phil

Re: The state of my Alty
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 12:48:17 PM »

Sorry, but I cannot understand the mentality of "I'm just off to support a different team!"
It's the difference between supporting a club, and just watching a neutral game of football.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

Sorry, but I cannot understand the mentality of "I'm just off to support a different team!"

Nor me, you can change jobs, partners, pretty much anything apart from your team. I tried once, years ago when I thought Maunders was going to close us down but it just didn't work.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »

I think he makes a few good points actually. I don't blame him for going to 'support' (watch) someone else and get more enjoyment out of his Saturday afternoon. As he states he chose to watch Alty after moving to the area and if he's not enjoying it he has every right to go and spend his hard earned cash watching someone else, I've been an Alty fan born and bred for over 35 years and I'm getting totally bored with the club at the moment! He won't be the only floating 'fan' that chooses to go somewhere else for their footy fix instead of watching the drivel we continue to serve up. I'd say the slating of the CSH is a bit harsh but overall he talks alot of sense IMO and we're only going in one direction at the moment and it's not up!

Edit..The majority of replies to this chap make Alty fans look arrogant!

What I find odd is that in the 30 years I have followed us, this club has been in far, far, worse positions than this.  Threats of closure, crisis meetings, boardroom splits, awful gates, getting hammered at the bottom end of the Unibond, scraping into Conference North on the last day, zero involvement with the town, minimal off the pitch facilities, massive financial problems, the team travelling to away games in cars.  This encompasses a fair bit of the last 25 years or so. Yet you stuck with Alty during all that and now you are getting totally bored...

Before I am accused of being brainwashed, or a happy clapper, or content to plod along....  I hate it when we lose, I will be gutted if we are relegated, and I want us to do as well as possible.  Its perfectly healthy to want better and things have indeed been better at times also.  I just think a little context is needed in all of this.

You're spot on Bob. I honestly think half the reason people are bored at the minute is because we have had so many ups and downs recently, a period of off the pitch success and a natural steadying of where we are in the non-league pile. It just isn't as exciting as closure meetings etc. As Ecky has said beforehand, sometimes it seems like we need a crisis for people to sit up and take note.

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »

I think he makes a few good points actually. I don't blame him for going to 'support' (watch) someone else and get more enjoyment out of his Saturday afternoon. As he states he chose to watch Alty after moving to the area and if he's not enjoying it he has every right to go and spend his hard earned cash watching someone else, I've been an Alty fan born and bred for over 35 years and I'm getting totally bored with the club at the moment! He won't be the only floating 'fan' that chooses to go somewhere else for their footy fix instead of watching the drivel we continue to serve up. I'd say the slating of the CSH is a bit harsh but overall he talks alot of sense IMO and we're only going in one direction at the moment and it's not up!

What I find odd is that in the 30 years I have followed us, this club has been in far, far, worse positions than this.  Threats of closure, crisis meetings, boardroom splits, awful gates, getting hammered at the bottom end of the Unibond, scraping into Conference North on the last day, zero involvement with the town, minimal off the pitch facilities, massive financial problems, the team travelling to away games in cars.  This encompasses a fair bit of the last 25 years or so. Yet you stuck with Alty during all that and now you are getting totally bored...

Before I am accused of being brainwashed, or a happy clapper, or content to plod along....  I hate it when we lose, I will be gutted if we are relegated, and I want us to do as well as possible.  Its perfectly healthy to want better and things have indeed been better at times also.  I just think a little context is needed in all of this.

You're spot on Bob. I honestly think half the reason people are bored at the minute is because we have had so many ups and downs recently, a period of off the pitch success and a natural steadying of where we are in the non-league pile. It just isn't as exciting as closure meetings etc. As Ecky has said beforehand, sometimes it seems like we need a crisis for people to sit up and take note.

No need for a crisis,I'd settle for some decent football and a manager that's got half an idea what to do!

GB Alty

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2016, 09:54:42 AM »

What I find odd is that in the 30 years I have followed us, this club has been in far, far, worse positions than this.  Threats of closure, crisis meetings, boardroom splits, awful gates, getting hammered at the bottom end of the Unibond, scraping into Conference North on the last day, zero involvement with the town, minimal off the pitch facilities, massive financial problems, the team travelling to away games in cars.  This encompasses a fair bit of the last 25 years or so. Yet you stuck with Alty during all that and now you are getting totally bored...

Before I am accused of being brainwashed, or a happy clapper, or content to plod along....  I hate it when we lose, I will be gutted if we are relegated, and I want us to do as well as possible.  Its perfectly healthy to want better and things have indeed been better at times also.  I just think a little context is needed in all of this.

would relegation not be a crisis?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:57:16 AM by Ham »

taxi Phil

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »

No

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2016, 05:55:26 PM »

What I find odd is that in the 30 years I have followed us, this club has been in far, far, worse positions than this.  Threats of closure, crisis meetings, boardroom splits, awful gates, getting hammered at the bottom end of the Unibond, scraping into Conference North on the last day, zero involvement with the town, minimal off the pitch facilities, massive financial problems, the team travelling to away games in cars.  This encompasses a fair bit of the last 25 years or so. Yet you stuck with Alty during all that and now you are getting totally bored...

Before I am accused of being brainwashed, or a happy clapper, or content to plod along....  I hate it when we lose, I will be gutted if we are relegated, and I want us to do as well as possible.  Its perfectly healthy to want better and things have indeed been better at times also.  I just think a little context is needed in all of this.

would relegation not be a crisis?

Perhaps not quite a crisis....but certainly a calamity.

To my mind, this is a much weaker division this season and, therefore, relegation would be unforgivable.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:01:14 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

Not even a calamity. Certainly undesirable,  but nothing we wouldn't bounce back from fairly quickly.

Jimmy

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »

If we do go down it would be a shocking performance by both manager and players regardless of it being a crisis or calamity

roytonmike

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2016, 08:41:07 PM »

Not even a calamity. Certainly undesirable,  but nothing we wouldn't bounce back from fairly quickly.
Agreed at least in part. Logically we belong in what I sometimes refer to as Club 18-30 - that means somewhere between 18th in the National League & 3rd in the North. The natural result of that is that we risk being a bit of a yo-yo club. That's a fact of economic life, I'm afraid. Live with it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »

I'd think the five or so sides that can outspend us in that league already and Kidderminster Salford city and cup rich blyth Spartans would have something to say about that... drop down out of what is the poorest conference national in a long time certainly would be a disaster and we wouldn't be back for a good while.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2016, 09:05:24 PM »

I'd think the five or so sides that can outspend us in that league already and Kidderminster Salford city and cup rich blyth Spartans would have something to say about that... drop down out of what is the poorest conference national in a long time certainly would be a disaster and we wouldn't be back for a good while.
Agreed its still easier to stay in the conf prem than it would be to get back in
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2016, 09:43:57 PM »

Potentially the strongest  north division in its hisory in terms of size of clubs and spending power. Could be down there for a long time even   if we could compete   financially.

Jimmy

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »

Agreed at least in part. Logically we belong in what I sometimes refer to as Club 18-30 - that means somewhere between 18th in the National League & 3rd in the North. The natural result of that is that we risk being a bit of a yo-yo club. That's a fact of economic life, I'm afraid. Live with it.
the trouble is although we are doing well for fans the younger fans won't live with it and you can't blame them

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »

You quit one week early you missed a cracker .. Oh well
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty