PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The state of my Alty  (Read 41881 times)

Get back in yer box!

Re: The state of my Alty
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »

One last time...

First and most important - please accept my sincere apology for the more thoughtless parts of my original post.  I could have put it better, but I was angry, sorry.
Second, and nearly as important, thank you Mark and co for your considerate and thoughtful replies to a post that quite frankly didn't deserve them.

Thank you for making my mind up to find another club to support.  I have enjoyed watching Alty and I wish you well.  I wasn't born an Alty fan, I chose to become one when I moved to the area, that is my excuse.  I'll spend my few hundred quid a year elsewhere.

I simply cannot continue to support a club with no ambition.  Even a crack at the Trophy would have been enough.   If the die-hards cannot see beyond being an asset to the community that hosts yoga, Pilates and old folks  doms, then Alty is not for me.  I understand nice friendly steady Mr Rowley and co have done a splendid job and work very hard and are true heroes for what they have done getting the club back to a steady place.  But it's not for me.  I'll probably choose to support one of the clubs you all love to take the piss out of, no doubt!

One last thought...
Can't you scrape a few hundred quid together to replace the highly embarrassing bogs at the away end?  It lets the place down severely.
An ex-building site portable building wouldn't cost the earth.  They even come in red.

Up the Robins, farewell and take care.🙂

Jimmy

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »

You can try the lot who take an EDL flag

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »

Bye
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »

Gutted.

Life must carry on though.
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »

How will the club ever recover from being dumped by a middle aged SC**thorpe fan. We might as well close the gates tomorrow.

Go away, don't come back and take your ridiculous self-serving platitude with you.

PS-It's not nor has it ever been 'your' Alty.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

My moneys on FCUM

arnald

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:56 AM »

All the best I hope you find your multi million quid bank rolled club soon

It's Woking at home for us next  me being poor and that will be going

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »

Well that's ruined my Sunday. I'm going down to my garden shed for a damn good cry.

Can we make sure an ad goes in the SC**thorpe local paper for a replacement disillusioned Scunny fan to report to Moss Lane asap, otherwise we may have to call the Woking game off.

Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »

Classic NLL

Bye Felicia

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

Well if that's one idiot gone from here then that's a positive start.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »

I think he makes a few good points actually. I don't blame him for going to 'support' (watch) someone else and get more enjoyment out of his Saturday afternoon. As he states he chose to watch Alty after moving to the area and if he's not enjoying it he has every right to go and spend his hard earned cash watching someone else, I've been an Alty fan born and bred for over 35 years and I'm getting totally bored with the club at the moment! He won't be the only floating 'fan' that chooses to go somewhere else for their footy fix instead of watching the drivel we continue to serve up. I'd say the slating of the CSH is a bit harsh but overall he talks alot of sense IMO and we're only going in one direction at the moment and it's not up!

Edit..The majority of replies to this chap make Alty fans look arrogant!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:49:07 AM by Alty Razor Squad »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »

I think he makes a few good points actually. I don't blame him for going to 'support' (watch) someone else and get more enjoyment out of his Saturday afternoon. As he states he chose to watch Alty after moving to the area and if he's not enjoying it he has every right to go and spend his hard earned cash watching someone else, I've been an Alty fan born and bred for over 35 years and I'm getting totally bored with the club at the moment! He won't be the only floating 'fan' that chooses to go somewhere else for their footy fix instead of watching the drivel we continue to serve up. I'd say the slating of the CSH is a bit harsh but overall he talks alot of sense IMO and we're only going in one direction at the moment and it's not up!

What I find odd is that in the 30 years I have followed us, this club has been in far, far, worse positions than this.  Threats of closure, crisis meetings, boardroom splits, awful gates, getting hammered at the bottom end of the Unibond, scraping into Conference North on the last day, zero involvement with the town, minimal off the pitch facilities, massive financial problems, the team travelling to away games in cars.  This encompasses a fair bit of the last 25 years or so. Yet you stuck with Alty during all that and now you are getting totally bored...

Before I am accused of being brainwashed, or a happy clapper, or content to plod along....  I hate it when we lose, I will be gutted if we are relegated, and I want us to do as well as possible.  Its perfectly healthy to want better and things have indeed been better at times also.  I just think a little context is needed in all of this.

GB Alty

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2016, 12:46:48 PM »

excellent post, 100% agree with this

Hamilton

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »

Sorry, but I cannot understand the mentality of "I'm just off to support a different team!"

taxi Phil

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2016, 12:47:10 PM »

Good post Bob. I'm at a low ebb right now, but I remain Alty forever.

"I took the good times......I'll take the bad times".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty