PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The state of my Alty  (Read 41860 times)

bumble

Re: The state of my Alty
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »

The community image that we've done so well to develop over recent seasons could reap huge rewards in a few years, we could be in for a massive influx of young teenagers through the gates. We don't need someone to come in and provide financial backing to capitalise on that.

I'm of the 'free ticket in the Messenger' era. Others got theirs at the Leisure Centre. As far as I'm aware we offer neither to Under 16's anymore. I think we're missing out there because although the majority of our group probably would have gone anyway, we managed to tempt countless friends into coming along with that incentive in mind. They came because they had nothing else to do, they stayed because they caught the bug.

With a strategic advertising plan centred around marketing the club as the place to spend your Saturday (be it as a youngster or as a family), I'm positive that we'd see a great number more through the turnstiles. The foundations are already there with the countless junior teams.

Outside of the football league we are undoubtedly the biggest football club in Greater Manchester. FC United don't count. The nation's interest in non league football is growing by the season, for some this will develop into a romance. More and more are looking elsewhere. The south Manchester area need look no further than Altrincham for a non league fix really.

Obviously all of this would be a lot easier provided we continue to compete at National level. Stay in this league mixing it with the big boys and we could develop a right bit of a charm.

FCUM we're sick of hearing about. People mock them for their idea of Punk football and 'the inventors of non league football - but they know how to squeeze every drop out of that disenfranchised fan. FCUM from branding p.o.v may as well be known as Punk Football FC. Everything is set up around this, and it's an advertisers dream to have get a nugget like that.

I think branding ourselves as a community club is ok. Branding ourselves as the town's club - the place you should and need to be every other saturday should be our aim.

Kid's should be talking about the result or the next game in form rooms and common rooms, alongside the city and united scores.

A brand is more powerful than a good product.

Its all well and good us having these community assets, but we need to market them.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2016, 02:17:19 PM »

Without trying to create an arguement here - there is also Morecambe, Burton, Fleetwood and Accrington - some suggar  daddy dependant others not so much

Doing a little bit of research:

Morecambe lost about £1.8m in the 3 seasons to 2013/4.  They are largely propped up by directors loans.  They are cutting costs and aim to break even  by this season.
Burton made about £100k profit in both 2013/4 and 2012/3 which helped recover a £300k loss in 2011/2.  They are debt free.  Big income from their stadium and community work.
Fleetwood are heavily bankrolled by Andy Pilley.  Has put over £10m in over the last decade. 
Accrington had their £1.2 million debt cleared in October by one of their creditors who put another £600k in for cashflow

Can you imagine the kind of mind(s) that spend £12 million on Fleetwood and Accrington respectively?

In any other walk of life they would be locked up for their own safety. It's the equivalent of stapling your scrotum to the ceiling.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »

Without trying to create an arguement here - there is also Morecambe, Burton, Fleetwood and Accrington - some suggar  daddy dependant others not so much

Doing a little bit of research:

Morecambe lost about £1.8m in the 3 seasons to 2013/4.  They are largely propped up by directors loans.  They are cutting costs and aim to break even  by this season.
Burton made about £100k profit in both 2013/4 and 2012/3 which helped recover a £300k loss in 2011/2.  They are debt free.  Big income from their stadium and community work.
Fleetwood are heavily bankrolled by Andy Pilley.  Has put over £10m in over the last decade. 
Accrington had their £1.2 million debt cleared in October by one of their creditors who put another £600k in for cashflow

Thanks Bob for the research..............Burton is the model to follow then
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »

I'd happily follow either model to be in the football league. I'm not interested in the moral high ground anymore.

So what if they're propped up by directors. But they'll pull out I hear you say? These are nwcl, npl clubs above us for God's sake.

Jimmy

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »

Well said Ballers

GB Alty

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »

100% correct

Don't understand our complex about other clubs having money. Its the way of the world

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2016, 12:04:20 AM »

100% correct

Don't understand our complex about other clubs having money. Its the way of the world

We just want success and money often brings it but not, guarenteed ie Barrow

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2016, 12:48:36 AM »

I noticed during the recent FA Cup coverage that Whitehawk are bank-rolled by a group of local business men. As we are in one of the most affluent areas in the country, do we actively try to encourage a similar investment? I'd be happy with this as long as everything remains in control of the current Board.

bighairedmike

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 02:49:56 AM »

I noticed during the recent FA Cup coverage that Whitehawk are bank-rolled by a group of local business men. As we are in one of the most affluent areas in the country, do we actively try to encourage a similar investment? I'd be happy with this as long as everything remains in control of the current Board.

No we don't. The current board hate external investment and veto any involvement of anybody willing to put in more than £100. I live in an affluent area, didn't mean I can afford to bankroll a football club.

Jezza

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »

the current whitehawk benefactors are currently trying to change the club's name to brighton city......do we want this?....do we want to follow Manchester Town?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »

the current whitehawk benefactors are currently trying to change the club's name to brighton city......do we want this?....do we want to follow Manchester Town?

No I for one wouldnt go if there was ever a name chage but it wouldnt be Manchester Town anyway

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »

I wonder if the fans of Broadheath FC refused to go when they changed their name to Altrincham FC back in the 1890s

ripleym

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »

I refeuse to go to another game until our name is corrected to Altringham Town and our stadium rightly referred to as Moss Rose.

Jimmy

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »

I think the name changing is a bit extreme people just brainwashed about outside investment
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:26:42 PM by Jimmy »

GB Alty

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »

Agreed

How many teams have had investment, and how many have changed their names?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty