PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The state of my Alty  (Read 41873 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The state of my Alty
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:23 PM »

Glad you responded in the way you did Mark
I was so angry, and upset with such a post.
Waiting for this non Alty fan to respond.

Really. Yet it is alright for you to slag off other fans, myself included.

Guess you must agree with this original post.
I find this strange because you are such a positive person!!
I love my club, and will do everything I can to help  it go further.
It is so easy just to be negative
We have what we have.
If anybody thinks they can do better, come forward .
I'm sure the board would love to here from you.
I'm sure you know who I am.
Always open for a drink before, or after a game for a chat.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:14:11 PM by B. 4D »

Bath Alty

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

One more thing - will people stop asking for investors.  An investor is someone who puts money into something because they think they will be able to take more money out later than they put in.  Anyone thinking that Alty is a good proposition for an investor is off their rocker - or the investor is going to shaft us somehow eg running off with the Duncan sell on money if / when it appears.

What we would appreciate is a benefactor - someone willing to put more money in than they take out.  Not necessarily an over the top one (FGR / Canvey Island / Gretna etc) but someone who would put something in without changing the ethos of the Alty family / community club we have evolved into.  No, I don't know where we can find any of those either but dressing it up as an 'investment' is silly.

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:24 PM »

I watched Alty in the 80's as teenager then moved away for a bit, came back in 2005 or so. Personally I love this club and like that it is run by people who know how to budget and keep the club on the straight and narrow.

I also like the fact that I can approach players, managers, supporters and board members, ask a question and get an answer.

Ecky's post is as usual very good and well observed, his comments do not require validation from me, but...

This year we hired the CSH for my daughters 18th, it is near impossible to get a venue to host an 18th these days. We had a great night, Ritchie made a great buffet - enough to feed a few more than we had. Value for money it was great and hopefully it put a few quid into the club, we had around 70 people attend and only 4 of us were Alty fans; however at least 6 of those people have been to an Alty game now. While our one night will not fund promotion to the league, there will be amny others like over the coming years that will help to fund the club. The CSH is a great asset to the club, we would not have hired the old bar.

Another point raised was about regional football. I personally was quite happy winning games in the Conference North and was unsure if promotion was a good thing (aside of the actual moment we won promotion which was EPIC); however I have really enjoyed the last couple seasons and admit that I was wrong. The National league may be as far as we can hope to acheive, add in a couple of decent cup runs and we are doing OK.

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »

I agree with most of that though I do feel to many of the squad separate themselves from the fans,there are obvious exceptions

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:35 PM »

The community image that we've done so well to develop over recent seasons could reap huge rewards in a few years, we could be in for a massive influx of young teenagers through the gates. We don't need someone to come in and provide financial backing to capitalise on that.

I'm of the 'free ticket in the Messenger' era. Others got theirs at the Leisure Centre. As far as I'm aware we offer neither to Under 16's anymore. I think we're missing out there because although the majority of our group probably would have gone anyway, we managed to tempt countless friends into coming along with that incentive in mind. They came because they had nothing else to do, they stayed because they caught the bug.

With a strategic advertising plan centred around marketing the club as the place to spend your Saturday (be it as a youngster or as a family), I'm positive that we'd see a great number more through the turnstiles. The foundations are already there with the countless junior teams.

Outside of the football league we are undoubtedly the biggest football club in Greater Manchester. FC United don't count. The nation's interest in non league football is growing by the season, for some this will develop into a romance. More and more are looking elsewhere. The south Manchester area need look no further than Altrincham for a non league fix really.

Obviously all of this would be a lot easier provided we continue to compete at National level. Stay in this league mixing it with the big boys and we could develop a right bit of a charm.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 12:09:22 AM »

Stockport County surely bigger

Salford City taking over from FCUM as media darlings
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 12:39:01 AM »

Stockport County surely bigger

Salford City taking over from FCUM as media darlings

Oh, of course County are bigger than us. But they're a League club with all kinds of problems. I just kind of disregarded them because I was thinking about the realms of traditional non-league sides, within which we are a better choice for the floating fan. If its the non-league experience that you want then we should be the #1 choice in Greater Manchester, was the point I was trying to make.

The floating fan, as it stands, should be choosing us over Stockport at the moment. If they aren't then we need to look at what we are doing wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 01:02:26 AM »

What we would appreciate is a benefactor - someone willing to put more money in than they take out.  Not necessarily an over the top one (FGR / Canvey Island / Gretna etc) but someone who would put something in without changing the ethos of the Alty family / community club we have evolved into.  No, I don't know where we can find any of those either but dressing it up as an 'investment' is silly.

Well, we've had at least one benefactor for a few years: Carole Nash.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 01:06:49 AM »

There is one thing for everyone to concentrate on and that is staying in this league.

If the worst happens we will be well placed to come back up...we will be a top 5 'FCN' side

The bar community hall is magnificent, the kids around alty in replica kits is a legacy for this board which will last for years.

Onwards and upwards

Take a look at Runcorn, northwich, scarboro, boston and be grateful.

I take your point about Runcorn, Vics and Scarborough but Boston United could quite feasibly swap places with us at the end of this season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 08:34:31 AM »

Without trying to create an arguement here - there is also Morecambe, Burton, Fleetwood and Accrington - some suggar  daddy dependant others not so much
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »

You reap what you sow
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »

Wayne beat me to it. It's a bit rich coming from the rudest man on this forum, who seldom censors his opinions on anything or anyone. Brian is a nice fella and doesn't deserve to have you of all people pointing fingers at him.
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:40 PM »

Guess you must agree with this original post.
I find this strange because you are such a positive person!!
I love my club, and will do everything I can to help  it go further.
It is so easy just to be negative
We have what we have.
If anybody thinks they can do better, come forward .
I'm sure the board would love to here from you.
I'm sure you know who I am.
Always open for a drink before, or after a game for a chat.

Absolutely NOT. I also love this club which I have supported for 32 years.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »

Without trying to create an arguement here - there is also Morecambe, Burton, Fleetwood and Accrington - some suggar  daddy dependant others not so much

Doing a little bit of research:

Morecambe lost about £1.8m in the 3 seasons to 2013/4.  They are largely propped up by directors loans.  They are cutting costs and aim to break even  by this season.
Burton made about £100k profit in both 2013/4 and 2012/3 which helped recover a £300k loss in 2011/2.  They are debt free.  Big income from their stadium and community work.
Fleetwood are heavily bankrolled by Andy Pilley.  Has put over £10m in over the last decade. 
Accrington had their £1.2 million debt cleared in October by one of their creditors who put another £600k in for cashflow

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »

Doing a little bit of research:

Morecambe lost about £1.8m in the 3 seasons to 2013/4.  They are largely propped up by directors loans.  They are cutting costs and aim to break even  by this season.
Burton made about £100k profit in both 2013/4 and 2012/3 which helped recover a £300k loss in 2011/2.  They are debt free.  Big income from their stadium and community work.
Fleetwood are heavily bankrolled by Andy Pilley.  Has put over £10m in over the last decade. 
Accrington had their £1.2 million debt cleared in October by one of their creditors who put another £600k in for cashflow

Bloody Hell.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty