PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: The state of my Alty  (Read 41880 times)

Get back in yer box!

The state of my Alty
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:42:58 AM »

Haven't posted for years, won't be posting again soon, but I'm effing angry!

What did we get out of the tin pot FCN for?   Just to go back there looking like the small time, amateur, parocial outfit we really are?
Stuff that!

If I were Lee and Jordan, I would already be looking for a more professional outfit.

Why doesn't Rowley and his sycophants ship out and sell up to someone with desire and money.  Big fish in a very small pond.

Look at us...
Ground is a joke, squad is a joke, board are a joke.
Poor Damian, Jake, Simon, Shaun, Scott, Luca, and co, Chorley or Stockport looks a good bet.
Sports Hall?  New bar more like!  No sport I know can be played in there, too small and too low, carpet bowls for Mr Rowley anyone?
Money for players would have been better.
And it is too close to the pitch and obscures the view, only muppets would have planned that.
Wake up and smell the coffee, these buffoons have sold us down the river for years.

Well run club?  My backside!
History is all we have now, enjoy...

Cough up for proper football gents, or sell up to someone who will.

eightiesrobin

Re: The state of my Alty
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:53:48 AM »

A bit harsh but you can't really argue with it.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:56:02 AM »

As always the silent majority go unspoken-until now. The board do a great job and the players we have (playing part time in this league is difficult) really try. But ! if investors/new owners are out there let them in, this close to Manchester in a sought after residential area is definitely a draw. Fans will only put up with drifting along for so long and for those of us who remember back to the eighties this is becoming a chore not a pleasure. Please please put the fans first.

I will get flack from many for this post but I'm not alone in wishing for a brighter future not empty grounds in the middle of no-where living on our history.  

Beaver

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:22:54 AM »

What did we get out of the tin pot FCN for?   Just to go back there looking like the small time, amateur, parocial outfit we really are?
Stuff that!

If I were Lee and Jordan, I would already be looking for a more professional outfit.

Why doesn't Rowley and his sycophants ship out and sell up to someone with desire and money.  Big fish in a very small pond.

Look at us...
Poor Damian, Jake, Simon, Shaun, Scott, Luca, and co, Chorley or Stockport looks a good bet.
Sports Hall?  New bar more like!  No sport I know can be played in there, too small and too low, carpet bowls for Mr Rowley anyone?
And it is too close to the pitch and obscures the view, only muppets would have planned that.
Wake up and smell the coffee, these buffoons have sold us down the river for years.

Quite a few good points mixed in with a few daft ones.

On the grand scale of things looking at all the clubs around us and any non-league club with a similar demographical surrounding and history we have actually out performed and done well to stay out of trouble. One of the main reasons for that was learning the spending lesson very early on.

On the other hand, we do seem to have just settled for less on the pitch.

I can't see with the current management team where we would unearth the next Reeves, Watmore, Danny Adams, Kevin Ellison?

The state of the squad currently is as bad as i've ever known it for cover and we haven't suffered any more than any other club so somebody needs to stand up at the club and say something because its not fair on the fans wasting time and throwing good money after bad watching players who don't set the world alight when they wear he shirt in the right position being played all over the place. I'd argue its not fair on them either.

Saying the board are a joke though is a bit daft, they care about the club more than any of us and to have us in the position we are in is an incredible achievement in itself.

arnald

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:28 AM »

A few wins and we will go up the table so it all changes again as for the ground non league
Grounds ain't supposed to be like old Trafford it's fit for us with our gates

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:40:38 AM »

Stuff that!

Look at us...

i will go back to the top,I very much doubt Lee and Jordan can get a better gig

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »

The following are excerpts from a post by the author of this topic from 2012:

"At least Alty are not in dire financial trouble, that can't be a negative." 

"750ish crowds is our income stream without a Sugar Daddy, which we don't have."

"For the income stream we have, we are about where we should be."

So, what's changed so radically that you felt the need to post that awful diatribe about the board? We may be in a higher league with slightly bigger crowds, but there is still no sugar daddy (which you correctly pointed out). Do you seriously think that if someone was waiting out there with a sack of money to put into the club that the board would simply turn them away? I bet Grahame Rowley has dreamt about receiving that phone call every day since the summer of 2002! It's lucky you weren't around then, by the way - if you think things are bad now, the club really was in a sh*t state back in those days and in the couple of years that followed.

People can say what they like about the team and the recruitment/non recruitment of players. I am in no position to comment on it and it is crystal clear that things radically need sorting out on the pitch. However, some of the comments about Grahame Rowley and the board on the first post above are an absolute disgrace and show no knowledge of the club or the work that has been done over the last 13 and a half years.

Come on Alty!

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »

The trouble is, people DO associate the perceived unprofessionalism of the club this year (whether fairly or unfairly) with both the board and the manager. Whilst I'd never criticise Graham or any of the others for what they've put into the club over the last 14 years or so, I'm not so sure whether the club can move forward with them at the helm. As others have pointed out, we need investment urgently. Going with so few players this season has just made us look ridiculous and a bit out of our depth. I know there will be some who say, 'be careful what you wish for' (see the likes of Telford etc), but I can't see us getting out of this cycle of relegation /promotion unless there is a change of leadership and some money is put into the club.

Beaver

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »

We do need investment, i wouldn't say urgently. We aren't going under.

Reading the posts on here you'd get the impression that there's a queue of wealthy people with long standing morals and good intentions just waiting to invest in a club like alty but the board are holding back and stopping these mystery people investing.

These investors dont exist. We need to wait for one of us lot to become mega rich, otherwise its a dodgy ego maniac who will sell us down the river after a couple of seasons of us performing well above our average. Even one of those has never shown a serious interest. Do you think if they did the board could cover it up from the fans?

Its bonkers on here sometimes, this is the real world not football manager.

ripleym

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »

I've only been supporting Alty a couple of years, so please forgive the ignorance of my question: when people talk about moving us forward, what do they mean?  Is there an unspoken vision or roadmap that we are deviating from?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

The following are excerpts from a post by the author of this topic from 2012:

"At least Alty are not in dire financial trouble, that can't be a negative." 

"750ish crowds is our income stream without a Sugar Daddy, which we don't have."

"For the income stream we have, we are about where we should be."

So, what's changed so radically that you felt the need to post that awful diatribe about the board? We may be in a higher league with slightly bigger crowds, but there is still no sugar daddy (which you correctly pointed out). Do you seriously think that if someone was waiting out there with a sack of money to put into the club that the board would simply turn them away? I bet Grahame Rowley has dreamt about receiving that phone call every day since the summer of 2002! It's lucky you weren't around then, by the way - if you think things are bad now, the club really was in a sh*t state back in those days and in the couple of years that followed.

People can say what they like about the team and the recruitment/non recruitment of players. I am in no position to comment on it and it is crystal clear that things radically need sorting out on the pitch. However, some of the comments about Grahame Rowley and the board on the first post above are an absolute disgrace and show no knowledge of the club or the work that has been done over the last 13 and a half years.

Thanks for this - top post.

I'm willing to forgive the OP for posting on raw emotion - the same happened after FCUM, Trafford, Blyth, Bath, Welling in the league, Braintree in the league - the list goes on. We've had low moments - we've also had bloody good ones too, one of those as recently as two months ago.  It's also always particularly low at the point we're out of all cups and have nothing else to look forward to (CSC not counted!)

This club has steadily improved, season on season, for the last 4-5 years or so. That is down to EVERYONE - the players, the management, the board... US, THE FANS. We set the mood around here more than we realise.

Barring further misfortune, and yes it's going to be a hell of a challenge, I still have faith that these players (and the fresh loan lads), played in the right system, can see us to safety in the Summer.

We're all doing a cracking job - win our games in hand and we're out of the drop zone again. It's that simple. We'll probably win at Grimsby, they hate playing us  :D

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

Great post MarpleAlty. Of course the club has improved over the past 4/5 years and in large part that has been down to a sensible and committed board. I just don't want it to go back to where it was and I wish I shared your optimism about this season. Hopefully we can bring in one or two new players (probably starting with fullbacks!!!) and start to improve. We have to keep the faith and hope.
Personally I see 'moving forward' as achieving midtable obscurity and avoiding the cycle of relegation and promotion we share wth other clubs such as Southport, Telford and Nuneaton.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »

It might be worth mentioning that we had a few hairy first seasons back at this level last time (i.e. we were effing relegated 3 times!) before a couple of more assured mid-table ones.

(*we won't talk about the season after that - although we had the rug pulled from under us with the likes of Young and Senior leaving, better recruits like Kearney breaking his leg etc)

Rock

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »

Hi, please excuse me returning to your forum post match, can I just say that I can understand how you feel as most clubs at our level experience times of poor results and financial hardships, we at Bognor had this just a few years back relegated from the then Connie South and struggling with debt, ( we also do not have a sugar daddy) we found ourselves relegated two years running to the Ryman South. The gamble at the time did not pay off because we had not prepaired properly, we have since sorted ourselves out and our fans have been most supportive during this period. Having met your Chairman his good lady and some of your board last night I can assure you that you are in good hands. I personally apologised to them for our rather exuberant celebrations following the result and they assured me that they understood as they felt the same following Barnsley in the FA Cup. I would like to add all connected with your club were a credit to you with special mention to those supporters who braved the trip and the weather to attend. Please be patient and carry on supporting you guys are the life line of the club and this is why they need your support now, anyone can support a winning side. Sorry about the grammar, once
I start typing I get lost in what I am trying to say. I shall be following your progression for the rest of the season and good luck. Rant over.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »

Hi, please excuse me returning to your forum post match, can I just say that I can understand how you feel as most clubs at our level experience times of poor results and financial hardships, we at Bognor had this just a few years back relegated from the then Connie South and struggling with debt, ( we also do not have a sugar daddy) we found ourselves relegated two years running to the Ryman South. The gamble at the time did not pay off because we had not prepaired properly, we have since sorted ourselves out and our fans have been most supportive during this period. Having met your Chairman his good lady and some of your board last night I can assure you that you are in good hands. I personally apologised to them for our rather exuberant celebrations following the result and they assured me that they understood as they felt the same following Barnsley in the FA Cup. I would like to add all connected with your club were a credit to you with special mention to those supporters who braved the trip and the weather to attend. Please be patient and carry on supporting you guys are the life line of the club and this is why they need your support now, anyone can support a winning side. Sorry about the grammar, once
I start typing I get lost in what I am trying to say. I shall be following your progression for the rest of the season and good luck. Rant over.

Good luck to you in the next round and also for the rest of the season.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The state of my Alty