News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Game off

Author Topic: Game off  (Read 4487 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Game off
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »

Now being played on Thursday

eightiesrobin

Re: Game off
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »

I won't hold me breath

ripleym

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:51:45 PM »

I'd be impressed if you could though.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »

This is becoming beyond farcical......

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

I seem to remember Alty having to play on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday one week at the end of the 85-86 season, because of the run to the trophy final. Perhaps Roytonmike or Cult will be able to confirm or deny.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »

We need to get on to the FA competitions manager, get them to pull their f**king finger out. This game should have been moved to a 3G pitch at Bedworth United or Sutton Coldfield last Thursday once it was apparent the pitch at Leamington has serious problems. The integrity of the FA trophy is in the balance here..

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »

I seem to remember Alty having to play on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday one week at the end of the 85-86 season, because of the run to the trophy final. Perhaps Roytonmike or Cult will be able to confirm or deny.
Good shout except that it wasn't just one week. 85-6 fixtures between FAT semi 2nd leg (April 5) & end of League season (May 3rd):
Tues 8 April Stafford (A) 1-1, Thurs 10 April Runcorn (H) 1-1, Sat 12 April Bath (A) 2-0
Tues 15 April Barrow (H) 2-0, Sat 19 April Runcorn (A) 1-2
Tues 22 April Vics (H) 2-1, Thurs 24 April Dagenham (H) 3-1, Sat 26 April Maidstone (H) 1-0
Mon 28 April Nuneaton (A) 0-0, Weds 30 April Wycombe (A) 1-0, Sat 3 May Boston (A) 3-1
Service with a :)

eightiesrobin

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

Great effort. The week I was thinking of was the one with the Dagenham game on the Thursday. 11 games in 25 days! I was wondering if the final was the 10th May (my 17th birthday) but I see it was the 17th.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 02:44:16 PM »

We need to get on to the FA competitions manager, get them to pull their f**king finger out. This game should have been moved to a 3G pitch at Bedworth United or Sutton Coldfield last Thursday once it was apparent the pitch at Leamington has serious problems. The integrity of the FA trophy is in the balance here..
though I feel sorry for anyone who made the journey the other week that was out off order the pitch looked far from playable,we can't knock anyone for calling of games

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 03:39:21 PM »

What an embarrassment for them this is.

I've absolutely no problems with match postponement, it is part and parcel of non league football - but the successive postponements of the same fixture are becoming an absolute joke; two of which have left supporters of both clubs out of pocket, more so ours.

It seems that in their arrogance to get the fixture played on home turf they are missing the bigger picture, their playing surface is unfit for use and rushing maintenance work to get the game played at home will just cause bigger problems for them as the fixtures go on. Do the work, and give the ground time to heal by moving the fixture elsewhere.

Not being able to host a game at your own ground isn't anywhere near as embarrassing for a club as this postponement saga has turned out to be for Leamington. That's especially when you consider all the confident social media updates and pictures.

As people have said, a neutral venue should have been arranged for tonight the moment the game was postponed seven days ago. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be eternally cringing for Altrincham.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »

eightiesrobin - also 1981-2 a fortnight s before Wembley we played Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat in one week.  Home Frickley 1-1, Away Barrow 0-1; Home Vics 0-2 (Stepney returns in goals); Away Worcester City 3-4; away Trowbridge 2-0

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »

Our pitch has been unplayable since 12th December

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

So IF we win, we get to play away at Bognor on Sunday or Tuesday night >:(

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »

That's assuming the Leamington pitch is playable on Thursday night, which I bet it won't be.
So IF we win, we get to play away at Bognor on Sunday or Tuesday night >:(
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Game off