+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Help!!

Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 2250 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Help!!
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »

Could we have some clarification please.
It the game is off tomorrow , will it be Wednesday or Thursday .
There seems to be some confusion ????

roytonmike

Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »

As I read it, Leamington are angling to do exactly what they did last week - an agreed delay of 24 hours which wouldn't count as a postponement as such. It seems pretty clear that their first option will be to reschedule it for Wednesday. If it can't be played then, I guess it will count formally as a postponement, but there's no way we could switch the tie to Moss Lane at 24 hours notice - arranging gatemen, catering etc. can't be done at the drop of a hat - and the FA seem to be demanding that games be played before Saturday at all costs, so I guess Leamington on Thursday is the next step. If not Thursday, then Saturday, though the venue might change. Weston-super-Mare have found another ground in Somerset; you would have thought Leamington could have found an alternative venue in the West Midlands by now, but nobody at the FA seems to be putting any public pressure on them to do so. It's a total farce. 

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »

As I read it, Leamington are angling to do exactly what they did last week - an agreed delay of 24 hours which wouldn't count as a postponement as such. It seems pretty clear that their first option will be to reschedule it for Wednesday. If it can't be played then, I guess it will count formally as a postponement, but there's no way we could switch the tie to Moss Lane at 24 hours notice - arranging gatemen, catering etc. can't be done at the drop of a hat - and the FA seem to be demanding that games be played before Saturday at all costs, so I guess Leamington on Thursday is the next step. If not Thursday, then Saturday, though the venue might change. Weston-super-Mare have found another ground in Somerset; you would have thought Leamington could have found an alternative venue in the West Midlands by now, but nobody at the FA seems to be putting any public pressure on them to do so. It's a total farce. 

As you say 'Total Farce'.
What they have done to the ground, with the new drains.
I can't see it being played there this week.
But, what do I know!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »

Looking at how they are working on the pitch they seem to be making it unusable for weeks. That sort of work is for close season, cutting slots means the grass will not bind together, nor will the earth. Do they have a qualified groundsman? As Hughesy has suggested, this needs moving to another local ground now. If they can't they should put their hands up and say they cannot fulfil the fixture.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »

As I put on an earlier thread, I visited their ground today. Their chairman told me they have an ongoing drainage problem that need major remedial work. The volunteers said that with even the slightest bit of further rain, then it won't go ahead this week. Looking at it, you wouldn't play Sunday league on it as it is. Need to find a neutral ground asap.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »

Bedworth United and Sutton Coldfield tiwn both have 3G pitches and neither have a game this midweek, Leamington should have took decisive action as of last Thursday morning rather than mess around further with thier pitch
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Help!!