PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer window news thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Transfer window news thread  (Read 41619 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer window news thread
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »

Those who are struggling to keep up to date with our transfer activity can follow @havealtysigned on Twitter.

:D

At this rate, we'll be breaking Hyde's 'have we won yet?' record

I never saw this thread as 'non-Alty' and I don't know why others did.  It's clearly of our (detrimental) interest to see who everyone else is bringing in.  Let's keep it going.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »

Those who are struggling to keep up to date with our transfer activity can follow @havealtysigned on Twitter.

You can't just sign anyone, it's got to be the right player, you know, like George Bowerman. Or Steven Gillespie, or Griffith.

I'm going to cut Bowerman some slack here. He's not really my cup of tea (bit of a headless chicken) but it's a bit unfair to put him in the same bracket as Gillespie and Griffith. But he does give it a bit of a go and has scored a couple of goals (as many as our star signing Twiss did for us in his one season in the conference with us), including a lovely cameo at Gateshead.

And had Nicky Clee been fit rather than flogged half to death and actually scored at Colchester we'd have been waxing lyrical about his turn and raking through ball for years...

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

You can't just sign anyone, it's got to be the right player, you know, like George Bowerman. Or Steven Gillespie, or Griffith.

I'm going to cut Bowerman some slack here. He's not really my cup of tea (bit of a headless chicken) but it's a bit unfair to put him in the same bracket as Gillespie and Griffith. But he does give it a bit of a go and has scored a couple of goals (as many as our star signing Twiss did for us in his one season in the conference with us), including a lovely cameo at Gateshead.

And had Nicky Clee been fit rather than flogged half to death and actually scored at Colchester we'd have been waxing lyrical about his turn and raking through ball for years...

Its actually hilarious how good a 50% fit Nicky Clee was, at 100% we'd arguably have one of the top five wingers in the league.

You make a good point about Bowerman, most of the game time he's been given has been out wide. He definitely has that sort of headless chicken nature and as such he's gone missing out wide, but I wonder what we'd see from him during a run of games through the middle.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »

The fact that James Poole, a decent conference player is plying his trade at Salford after his move back north from Dover shows they've the clout to do what they have said they will do at Salford. I see Sunderland ship youngsters out to Boston on a regular basis. Surely some bag of sh*t like Bolton have young players they want off the wage bill at the moment that would be more than competent at conference level.
James is part of my extended family and I passed his details onto the management team at the last home game last season as he was keen to sign. He was contacted but had a slight injury so we then, and I quote, "we're keeping an eye on him"! He's now scoring for fun. As Dover had offered him a contract I couldn't understand why we didn't sign him immediately.
he never had a chance unless he ex Hyde or Port Vale

or friend of current player

Pathetic and quite predictably risible contribution once again from Jamie whose posts are notorious for being as constructive as an H Bomb.  Honestly Jamie if you are that desperate for the attention of people on here I feel really sorry for you

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »

Its actually hilarious how good a 50% fit Nicky Clee was, at 100% we'd arguably have one of the top five wingers in the league.

You make a good point about Bowerman, most of the game time he's been given has been out wide. He definitely has that sort of headless chicken nature and as such he's gone missing out wide, but I wonder what we'd see from him during a run of games through the middle.

I agree, I think Bowerman is similar to Lawrie in that regard and could contribute much further through the middle. The problem for both of them is that I'd rather play 4-5-1 (with 3 proper CMs and 2 wingers) than 4-4-1-1. So basically neither should be on the pitch if we had a fully fit winger for each side - which we don't, and also both seem to prefer the left hand side. Heaven forbid we ever find a right winger too.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »

Chris Chantler, to Macclesfield from Kilmarnock

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »

Tols interview after Chester game said there would be players in before Saturday's match. Time is running out, I can only hope we are keeping quiet, a couple train with us tonight to then be announced tomorrow or Saturday Morning.

After that interview implying new faces were an essential formality I'd be really disappointed not to see anyone arrive.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »

Jimmy Keohane, joins Torquay from Woking

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 04:41:19 PM »

WE WILL END UP WITH THE PLAYERS NO ONE WANTS AT THIS RATE
Harold

ripleym

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »

How does the theme tune to Raggy Dolls go again?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »

Ryan Astles joins Chester from Northwich Victoria

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »

That's the second Vics player to move up to our level - a left-sided CB too.

Do our scouts actually do anything?

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »

Toast marshmallows round a camp fire!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 06:32:40 PM »

Rhys Turner from Oldham to Macclesfield on loan.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:50:45 PM by eightiesrobin »

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »

Toast marshmallows round a camp fire!

Bravo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer window news thread