News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Update on Clee

Author Topic: Update on Clee  (Read 5415 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Update on Clee
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »

At last we get a full update by Neil Tolson in regards to Nicky, unfortunately coming after what looks like his groin now tearing.

Well attended my first game in a while at Chester and that first half was quite simply a tactical mess, players all over the show panicking. I do apologise to single out Sinnott but his body language and lack of desire in closing their wing play down in the first half was disgusting. I wonder if he would have acted that way with his dad on the sideline. Sorry but had to be mentioned.

First half proved again by having two up top we become narrow with no width and long balls to Rankine. It doesn't often work and poor football.  However I thought Rankine had a good game yesterday. Then Neil rightly changed it at half time and put Clee on. We went to 4-4-2, I still don't think we are good enough to play 4-4-2 but the difference was clear to see.  Clee was immense before sadly going off injured, he was taking 2 or 3 players out of the middle of the park which allowed us more room and chances down the middle and we could have nicked it.

The team will pick itself now due to injuries, desperately need wide players. Basically we need two fit Nicky Clee's with one having a right foot and the other a left. Fully fit team we need to go back to one up front, 3 in centre mid and two high wide players like Clee and Crowther who will track back. One up top I would probably start Rankine as he can run the channels, hold it up with his strength and has a great shot. Obviously a Reevesy fan but we look all over the shop when they play together.

Anyway the positive was a good battling second half.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:31:46 PM by oneedham »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Clee
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:53:30 PM »

The Jordan you describe is not one I recognize. I can't believe he turned it off because his Dad wasn't present. Other comments welcome.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:32 PM »

At last we get a full update by Neil Tolson in regards to Nicky, unfortunately coming after what looks like his groin now tearing.

Well attended my first game in a while at Chester and that first half was quite simply a tactical mess, players all over the show panicking. I do apologise to single out Sinnott but his body language and lack of desire in closing their wing play down in the first half was disgusting. I wonder if he would have acted that way with his dad on the sideline. Sorry but had to be mentioned.

First half proved again by having two up top we become narrow with no width and long balls to Rankine. It doesn't often work and poor football.  However I thought Rankine had a good game yesterday. Then Neil rightly changed it at half time and put Clee on. We went to 4-4-2, I still don't think we are good enough to play 4-4-2 but the difference was clear to see.  Clee was immense before sadly going off injured, he was taking 2 or 3 players out of the middle of the park which allowed us more room and chances down the middle and we could have nicked it.

The team will pick itself now due to injuries, desperately need wide players. Basically we need two fit Nicky Clee's with one having a right foot and the other a left. Fully fit team we need to go back to one up front, 3 in centre mid and two high wide players like Clee and Crowther who will track back. One up top I would probably start Rankine as he can run the channels, hold it up with his strength and has a great shot. Obviously a Reevesy fan but we look all over the shop when they play together.

I have to disagree with your thoughts on Sinnott.
We all have our opinions.
You might think what you do, because in the first half we played with no wingers
He was trying to do both rolls.
I will say, he has been one of the most consistent players these last few weeks.
Remembering he is playing out of position .

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:52 PM »

Don't know about 'out of position' it's his best position by a mile.  But yes both full backs had little or no support first half.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »

I'm really surprised we risked playing him with a known injury
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »

We have an excellent Physio and management of players health and fitness is an ongoing issue at all clubs.
Do you think for one minute we would have played Clee knowing he would break down ?

I am more surprised that you think we would.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 02:39:31 PM »

We have an excellent Physio and management of players health and fitness is an ongoing issue at all clubs.
Do you think for one minute we would have played Clee knowing he would break down ?

I am more surprised that you think we would.
he was injured and waiting for an op, it's hardly suprising he has ended up on crutches now is it

It's not rocket science that by playing an already injured player you risk creating longer injury or even crippling the player. The club should have a duty of care to it's players, that seems to have gone out of the window here

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 02:43:48 PM »

You clearly dont understand rocket science ;D or physiotherapy either I suspect  :D

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »

"Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers"

Merle Kessler, abuut American football originally, though it could well apply here.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 04:13:42 PM »

There seems to be an assumption in posts on here that Nicky was forced to play, from what I saw he seemed very happy in warm up and very eager when on the pitch.  Didn't look forced
Bernard Taylors barmy army

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:28 PM »

There seems to be an assumption in posts on here that Nicky was forced to play, from what I saw he seemed very happy in warm up and very eager when on the pitch.  Didn't look forced
but it shouldn't really be a decision for the player to make. He will look to the medical team to either pass him fit to play or not. The buck can't be passed here, just as it couldn't with the Griffifth shame

Seems to be a number of blunders regarding players fitness this year, and I don't think it's a coincidence, particularly when you look at the volume of injuries we have had

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »

There seems to be an assumption in posts on here that Nicky was forced to play, from what I saw he seemed very happy in warm up and very eager when on the pitch.  Didn't look forced
but it shouldn't really be a decision for the player to make. He will look to the medical team to either pass him fit to play or not. The buck can't be passed here, just as it couldn't with the Griffifth shame

Seems to be a number of blunders regarding players fitness this year, and I don't think it's a coincidence, particularly when you look at the volume of injuries we have had

Please try to be positive.  I recall recently asking Bath Alty to stay on the forum after having had enough of your almost constant negativity.  I regret doing so as I'm on the verge of leaving, and you, Ham, are 80% the cause.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »

First half proved again by having two up top we become narrow with no width and long balls to Rankine. It doesn't often work and poor football.  However I thought Rankine had a good game yesterday. Then Neil rightly changed it at half time and put Clee on. We went to 4-4-2, I still don't think we are good enough to play 4-4-2 but the difference was clear to see.  Clee was immense before sadly going off injured, he was taking 2 or 3 players out of the middle of the park which allowed us more room and chances down the middle and we could have nicked it.

I have to disagree with your thoughts on Sinnott.
We all have our opinions.
You might think what you do, because in the first half we played with no wingers
He was trying to do both rolls.
I will say, he has been one of the most consistent players these last few weeks.
Remembering he is playing out of position .
I agree that we had no wingers to get back to assist our full backs and overall Sinnott has done well but there was a defo lack of effort on Saturday or maybe frustration but he had awful body language. Anyway it's gone now but we desperately need fit wide attacking players who have it in their tanks to track back ASAP. I believe the club have been looking and it is hard to find the right player but we need at least gamble as the season will tick away quickly now and we haven't got the depth in squad.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Update on Clee