PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Chester (away) - Match Thread  (Read 57280 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester (away) - Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »

Blackpool Alty

We budgetted for a boxing day home game with a big attendance at the beginning of the season.
Yes/No delete as appropriate,.....

Game postponed,.. so when played on a tuesday the attendance will be say half that, around 10K less, half a players wages for the season. Get it now  :-\

A bit naïve not to factor in time of year/weather in that budget outlook. Also I don't expect the club budgeted for a decent cup run which would have more than offset the cost of Boxing day, which is still to be rescheduled.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2016, 11:07:43 AM »

I too am concerned now especially after the injuries today and the news that Dens still isnt right.
Its 2nd January, the transfer window just opened, you know LS dislikes loaning players. I wouldnt be surprised if LS is looking at reinforcements soon.

The point I was making wasnt about cashflow, its about the fact that games budgetted for decent attendances like boxing day wont be achieved limiting our scope to pay for players. Get it now?

Despite all this debate, I stand by what I said above,... With Clee out, Dens still struggling and now maybe Reevesy injured, I agree we really need an extra body up front, problem is finding anyone any good.
I imagine thats the main problem LS has, finding someone who is worth the money. Not just anyone for the sake of it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »

I expect most managers in all levels of football have the problem of finding a decent striker or indeed any player.

My argument is, to do nothing is not an option.

One more thing then I will shut up on this matter.. Maybe, just maybe. The manager has learnt the lesson that running with a squad of players of limited numbers is not tenable and hopefully next season that we wont be sat on here in August bemoaning the fact that the squad is light.

I respect the clubs position with the squad but, if these kids apart from Sam are not playing then you cannot count them as squad players other than to satisfy the FA that we can fill the bench..

I wish no ill will to anyone at this club. All I want to see is that away end with plenty of people in it and the only way that will happen is in the National League...

Here endeth...

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »

At the end of the day , we all want the best for the club , and Lee has done a good job in my opinion  , we dont know what the clubs finances are , but hopefully we can look at players in new transfer window , i know for sure i would not like to be a manager , you can never please all off the people all of the time .

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »

Firstly I hope Nicky and Damian make speedy recoveries, any news on either of them?

What was all the booing yesterday about when Nicky needed a stretcher? noticed also few applauded him off from there side, poor show from that respect.

On the football side, we were spirited, especially after Nicky went off and we could have nicked the three points at the end. Thought Deasy had a good game overall, pity he lost his footing when they scored.

Interested to see if we sign any players loan or otherwise unless money is tight and we have to manage.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2016, 04:04:56 PM »

Just read the main site, Neil gives an update, so looks like Nicky will be out for a couple of months then at least. My son and I noticed Damian stretching his hammies in the warm up, wonder if they were a little stiff?

Good to see we are looking for reinforcements, lets hope we cam find the personnel required.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »

Firstly I hope Nicky and Damian make speedy recoveries, any news on either of them?

What was all the booing yesterday about when Nicky needed a stretcher? noticed also few applauded him off from there side, poor show from that respect.

On the football side, we were spirited, especially after Nicky went off and we could have nicked the three points at the end. Thought Deasy had a good game overall, pity he lost his footing when they scored.

Interested to see if we sign any players loan or otherwise unless money is tight and we have to manage.

Noticed that as well.
I don't think I saw one fan from behind the home goal clap, or show any respect when, Nicky was carried off.
On the football side.
Their forum thinks we were a very poor side.
The stats say we had more possession , and shots on goal than Chester.
So what does that make them???

GB Alty

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »

Every time someone mentions adding to the squad then the Get your cheque book out then brigade start..
We didn't have money to build the CSH but it was built.

If we haven't got any money or we just don't want to have a bigger squad then get the fkn manager to say so on the club site.

One thing is for sure. We will not survive on scrimping and scraping in this league. We need to get some players in one way or another

The one thing the so called moaners on this forum do is CARE ....

If we want to sit at the top table of non league football, then action on squad numbers is essential..
excellent post

GB Alty

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2016, 05:36:58 PM »

I too am concerned now especially after the injuries today and the news that Dens still isnt right.
Its 2nd January, the transfer window just opened, you know LS dislikes loaning players. I wouldnt be surprised if LS is looking at reinforcements soon.

The point I was making wasnt about cashflow, its about the fact that games budgetted for decent attendances like boxing day wont be achieved limiting our scope to pay for players. Get it now?

Despite all this debate, I stand by what I said above,... With Clee out, Dens still struggling and now maybe Reevesy injured, I agree we really need an extra body up front, problem is finding anyone any good.
I imagine thats the main problem LS has, finding someone who is worth the money. Not just anyone for the sake of it.
whats happened to the (unbudgeted for) cup money Puka?

Either its not been made available to the manager or he doesn't know any players or have any contacts at this level. Which one is it Puka?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:42:03 PM by Ham »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

am i missing something ,there is also something called loans
Harold

GB Alty

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »

Manager not there again today, still laid low with a virus
Farce
Absolutely, why can't he arrange his illnesses for the close season.
well managers get sick all the time don't they - I guess its's more about desire, bottle, guts - Sinnott has none of this

If he is sick fair play - but then he needs to go, we need a manager to manage not give a sick note. How is he going to sign any players if he so sick?

Instead of this continually transparent tirade of nonsense that you direct towards your quest to have the manager sacked why don't you say something constructive like what the club should do once he's relieved of his duties? Who do we bring in?

Instead of 'I told you so' as well why don't you tell us all what will happen in the next 4 weeks and then just post after its all happened to confirm you were right.

That way the rest of us don't need to bleed our eyes reading your endless incessant and somewhat tedious drivel.

Good point today, we need to get Crowther fit and sign a couple. Not all that bad.

Onwards to Leamington!
Tell Nicky Clee that it not all that bad

We look after our players so well that we play them when injured and knowing they need an operation. We criple them. Disgraceful

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:48 PM »

Revenue generated by our 2015/16 FA Cup run:

Fourth Qualifying Round prize money for defeating Chester: £12,500;

First Round prize money for defeating Barnsley: £18,000;

BBC World's overseas services live transmission of Barnsley match: £6,750;

BBC's Sunday FA Cup Final Score coverage of Colchester United match: £12,500.

Share of match receipts from Chester, Barnsley and Colchester United ties respectively: £ unknown.

FA Cup Pool: to follow in June (last season, clubs such as Alty who had reached the First Round received £7,000 each).

(I acknowledge that the FA don't always pay that prize money promptly but it is guaranteed income nonetheless).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »

whats happened to the (unbudgeted for) cup money Puka?

Either its not been made available to the manager or he doesn't know any players or have any contacts at this level. Which one is it Puka?

No idea Jamie, why dont you ask the club ? Judging from Tols piece on the main website its finding the right players.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »

After what Tols has said, we know where we are going.
Time to move on😀

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:40 PM »

Yep. Atlantic Timber. A few bits of 2 x 2 for splints and a bit more for crutches and we'll be fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread