PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Chester (away) - Match Thread  (Read 57281 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester (away) - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »

You are now talking utter crap Capitano. Clee picked up a groin injury in our last but one pre-season game, he didnt "turn up unfit".
As the injury isnt severe it was hoped injections would sort it, they havent. He needs a minor op which would solve it within 4/5 weeks, following which he should hopefully be OK.

The doom mongers like you and eighties Robin need to take a happy pill  >:(

andrewflynn

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »

You are now talking utter crap Capitano. Clee picked up a groin injury in our last but one pre-season game, he didnt "turn up unfit".
As the injury isnt severe it was hoped injections would sort it, they havent. He needs a minor op which would solve it within 4/5 weeks, following which he should hopefully be OK.

The doom mongers like you and eighties Robin need to take a happy pill  >:(

He was blowing out of his arse in the friendlies mate.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »

It's been said numerous times about Clee that he's awaiting an op, so of course he's not going to be 100%! To suggest he goes end of season is ludicrous, high earner or not what's that got to do with anything? There's a few others I'd hope were shipped out well before Clee.

I don't usually do negative and calm down but that was f**king dreadful. We aren't being turned over 4/5-0 but we don't ever look like scoring, fair do's to Rankine with his header but Worsnop is poor and again made the mistake. A look at the goals against and scored column shows how poor we are with goals this year. We need reinforcements - simple, none of the crap about wel what's the point in the short term and it doesn't address this and that, if we don't we will get dragged into the sh*t. Everyone else barr us is active, Barrow signing a lad who's from Warrington. I don't believe for one second the budget is all gone, so now I'm thinking Sinnott and his recruiting capabilities are poor? Something doesn't add up. I've not looked yet but Clee & Reeves both going off today can only make the point about more BODIES even more a priority.
Ive said this before, but it isn't ideal having a manager that lives in the opposite side of the country to the club he manages. How the hell can he keep an eye on local players and keep his finger on the pulse.

Fair point, but what do you define as local?

I would suggest an area of 40-50 miles there must be hundreds of clubs at all levels. I would also say they will be plenty of clubs that have players to loan or available who are good enough to compete at National league level

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2016, 08:25:33 PM »

It's been said numerous times about Clee that he's awaiting an op, so of course he's not going to be 100%! To suggest he goes end of season is ludicrous, high earner or not what's that got to do with anything? There's a few others I'd hope were shipped out well before Clee.

I don't usually do negative and calm down but that was f**king dreadful. We aren't being turned over 4/5-0 but we don't ever look like scoring, fair do's to Rankine with his header but Worsnop is poor and again made the mistake. A look at the goals against and scored column shows how poor we are with goals this year. We need reinforcements - simple, none of the crap about wel what's the point in the short term and it doesn't address this and that, if we don't we will get dragged into the sh*t. Everyone else barr us is active, Barrow signing a lad who's from Warrington. I don't believe for one second the budget is all gone, so now I'm thinking Sinnott and his recruiting capabilities are poor? Something doesn't add up. I've not looked yet but Clee & Reeves both going off today can only make the point about more BODIES even more a priority.
if Clee is waiting for an op why is he playing at all? Serious injury was just waiting to happen

Because we are down to literally sweet FA. Clearly Sinnott had tried to get away bringing him on when we are losing around the 70th minute, ideally we wouldn't be losing but we've been in crap form in the league. I was surprised to see him brought on at half time today to be honest. It was an accident waiting to happen.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »

He was blowing out of his arse in the friendlies mate.

And I thought only you did that  ::)

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »

The fact is are most creative player is injured now,crowther is also struggling with fitness if we don't pick up a decent wide player it's very worrying

GB Alty

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2016, 08:57:31 PM »

The fact is are most creative player is injured now,crowther is also struggling with fitness if we don't pick up a decent wide player it's very worrying
thing is we should have strengthend in October and we wouldnt be in the mess, having to play unfit players

Time for a re-think

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2016, 09:22:11 PM »

I forgot about the 12th yes they'll probably cancel the Wrexham game

I think the game will be switched to the 12th as more rain is forecast for tomorrow and Mon. Switching Leamington to SAT 16th would suit me better for personal reasons.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »

Just a bit of positive.
Thought the boys did really well to come back from a goal down.

Jimmy

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »

It's a fair point away at chester

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »

If you want cheering up. Have a look at Devachat to read about distraught Chester fans who are gutted to only draw with Alty.
They really should be beating teams like us

andrewflynn

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »

What's worrying is that we're naming the same XI pretty much week in, week out due to a complete lack of alternate options. Easy to scout, quicker to tire as the fixtures congest, and much more likely to pick up injuries like Reeves' today.

At the end of the day we've been forcing a severely unfit 32 year old into making cameo appearances at 50% fit for months, when in reality something should have been done to ensure we weren't relying on the same XI. Nothing has changed except further deterioration in the situation. Clee shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad and wouldn't have been had we reinforced our options. I honestly find it absurd that we've only made one (emergency) loan signing this season.

Its nothing some of us haven't been saying for months now, as Ham said it should have all been sorted out in October; I'll do one better and give you the date, 24/10/15 the moment we beat Chester in the FA Cup.

The reason most of us were saying it back then was because it was clear to see the situation we would end up in. We can't go the season naming the same eleven and filling out the bench with youth and reserve players who, with the exception of young Heathcote, are clearly not up to standard or they would have been given a bigger role to play.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »

Been on Deva Chat , funny it reads  a lot like ours , guess every chat page at every club is like that .

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »

We were dreadful first half.

Better when we went 4-4-2  but only because of Clees willingness to run at players.  Felt sorry for O'keefe who was sacrificed.  He wasn't any worse than any other player. Looked the more likely to win the game once we'd levelled until Reeves and Clee went off. Had a couple of  chances  to win it late on.

All in all a point gained against a poor outfit
Full time and proud of it

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:44 PM »

What's worrying is that we're naming the same XI pretty much week in, week out due to a complete lack of alternate options. Easy to scout, quicker to tire as the fixtures congest, and much more likely to pick up injuries like Reeves' today.

At the end of the day we've been forcing a severely unfit 32 year old into making cameo appearances at 50% fit for months, when in reality something should have been done to ensure we weren't relying on the same XI. Nothing has changed except further deterioration in the situation. Clee shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad and wouldn't have been had we reinforced our options. I honestly find it absurd that we've only made one (emergency) loan signing this season.

Its nothing some of us haven't been saying for months now, as Ham said it should have all been sorted out in October; I'll do one better and give you the date, 24/10/15 the moment we beat Chester in the FA Cup.

The reason most of us were saying it back then was because it was clear to see the situation we would end up in. We can't go the season naming the same eleven and filling out the bench with youth and reserve players who, with the exception of young Heathcote, are clearly not up to standard or they would have been given a bigger role to play.

There's a simple solution Andrew, just go along to the club tomorrow with your cheque book and I'm sure LS will go out and get someone to keep you happy. We have had one home game in ages, where do you think money comes from,.. on trees?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread