PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Chester (away) - Match Thread  (Read 57303 times)

Jimmy

Re: Chester (away) - Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2016, 11:24:18 PM »

we may have to take a risk because we will have a lot less money with crowds of 800

Beaver

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2016, 11:28:08 PM »

Manager not there again today, still laid low with a virus
Farce
Absolutely, why can't he arrange his illnesses for the close season.
well managers get sick all the time don't they - I guess its's more about desire, bottle, guts - Sinnott has none of this

If he is sick fair play - but then he needs to go, we need a manager to manage not give a sick note. How is he going to sign any players if he so sick?

Instead of this continually transparent tirade of nonsense that you direct towards your quest to have the manager sacked why don't you say something constructive like what the club should do once he's relieved of his duties? Who do we bring in?

Instead of 'I told you so' as well why don't you tell us all what will happen in the next 4 weeks and then just post after its all happened to confirm you were right.

That way the rest of us don't need to bleed our eyes reading your endless incessant and somewhat tedious drivel.

Good point today, we need to get Crowther fit and sign a couple. Not all that bad.

Onwards to Leamington!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2016, 11:29:42 PM »

The fact is are most creative player is injured now,crowther is also struggling with fitness if we don't pick up a decent wide player it's very worrying

What's worrying is that we're naming the same XI pretty much week in, week out due to a complete lack of alternate options. Easy to scout, quicker to tire as the fixtures congest, and much more likely to pick up injuries like Reeves' today.

At the end of the day we've been forcing a severely unfit 32 year old into making cameo appearances at 50% fit for months, when in reality something should have been done to ensure we weren't relying on the same XI. Nothing has changed except further deterioration in the situation. Clee shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad and wouldn't have been had we reinforced our options. I honestly find it absurd that we've only made one (emergency) loan signing this season.

Its nothing some of us haven't been saying for months now, as Ham said it should have all been sorted out in October; I'll do one better and give you the date, 24/10/15 the moment we beat Chester in the FA Cup.

The reason most of us were saying it back then was because it was clear to see the situation we would end up in. We can't go the season naming the same eleven and filling out the bench with youth and reserve players who, with the exception of young Heathcote, are clearly not up to standard or they would have been given a bigger role to play.

There's a simple solution Andrew, just go along to the club tomorrow with your cheque book and I'm sure LS will go out and get someone to keep you happy. We have had one home game in ages, where do you think money comes from,.. on trees?

In that case, let's get all the home games out the way and get relegated!

The squad budget will be agreed I'm sure between LS and GR at the beginning of the season, if we are waiting on gate receipts income then that would be a big worry, especially having some extra in the bank from the FA cup run that allegedly ISNT budgeted for. We aren't talking about signing on fees and the sorts, just a couple of able bodies that can do a job, they're out there - everyone knows it!

andrewflynn

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2016, 11:32:16 PM »

The fact is are most creative player is injured now,crowther is also struggling with fitness if we don't pick up a decent wide player it's very worrying

What's worrying is that we're naming the same XI pretty much week in, week out due to a complete lack of alternate options. Easy to scout, quicker to tire as the fixtures congest, and much more likely to pick up injuries like Reeves' today.

At the end of the day we've been forcing a severely unfit 32 year old into making cameo appearances at 50% fit for months, when in reality something should have been done to ensure we weren't relying on the same XI. Nothing has changed except further deterioration in the situation. Clee shouldn't have been anywhere near the squad and wouldn't have been had we reinforced our options. I honestly find it absurd that we've only made one (emergency) loan signing this season.

Its nothing some of us haven't been saying for months now, as Ham said it should have all been sorted out in October; I'll do one better and give you the date, 24/10/15 the moment we beat Chester in the FA Cup.

The reason most of us were saying it back then was because it was clear to see the situation we would end up in. We can't go the season naming the same eleven and filling out the bench with youth and reserve players who, with the exception of young Heathcote, are clearly not up to standard or they would have been given a bigger role to play.

There's a simple solution Andrew, just go along to the club tomorrow with your cheque book and I'm sure LS will go out and get someone to keep you happy. We have had one home game in ages, where do you think money comes from,.. on trees?

An FA Cup run to the second round against two League One sides. EDIT: And, of course, the qualifier.

You're dead right though, I want the club to sign players so I'm happy. That's definitely what it is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:35:27 PM by Il Capitano »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2016, 11:46:53 PM »

I too am concerned now especially after the injuries today and the news that Dens still isnt right.
Its 2nd January, the transfer window just opened, you know LS dislikes loaning players. I wouldnt be surprised if LS is looking at reinforcements soon.

The point I was making wasnt about cashflow, its about the fact that games budgetted for decent attendances like boxing day wont be achieved limiting our scope to pay for players. Get it now?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2016, 11:57:41 PM »

I too am concerned now especially after the injuries today and the news that Dens still isnt right.
Its 2nd January, the transfer window just opened, you know LS dislikes loaning players. I wouldnt be surprised if LS is looking at reinforcements soon.

The point I was making wasnt about cashflow, its about the fact that games budgetted for decent attendances like boxing day wont be achieved limiting our scope to pay for players. Get it now?

Not really, the fact Boxing Day was cancelled should have no bearing whatsoever on possible loan signings. Cashflow/attendances etc are all budgeted for at the BEGINNING of the season not as we go along! Like I've said previously, there's plenty out there who don't cost the earth, get it now?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2016, 12:24:24 AM »

There are plenty out there .
But they have to be RIGHT for this club.
I personally think we will bring in some new faces now.
What positions do we think we should be strengthening, and how many should we bring in??

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2016, 12:26:27 AM »

Blackpool Alty

We budgetted for a boxing day home game with a big attendance at the beginning of the season.
Yes/No delete as appropriate,.....

Game postponed,.. so when played on a tuesday the attendance will be say half that, around 10K less, half a players wages for the season. Get it now  :-\

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2016, 12:44:30 AM »

Back to the script....the offy has a picture with the caption "Rankine scores the winner".  Thought it was a 1-1 draw but maybe I've had a few scoops too many. Up the Robins!

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2016, 12:46:01 AM »

...or even, "Rankine heads the winner"....  confused.com!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »

Blackpool Alty

We budgetted for a boxing day home game with a big attendance at the beginning of the season.

Game postponed,.. so when played on a tuesday the attendance will be say half that, around 10K less, half a players wages for the season. Get it now  :-\

FA cup money in the bank NOT budgeted for ffs! Going round in circles this, so will have to disagree to agree. Let's just plod on and do sweet FA because the Chester game attracts an attendance of 1,200 instead of 2,000.

andrewflynn

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

Blackpool Alty

If our ability to sign a few players on emergency loan has been jeopardised because of something like that then we don't deserve to be competing at this level.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »

Every time someone mentions adding to the squad then the Get your cheque book out then brigade start..
We didn't have money to build the CSH but it was built.

If we haven't got any money or we just don't want to have a bigger squad then get the fkn manager to say so on the club site.

One thing is for sure. We will not survive on scrimping and scraping in this league. We need to get some players in one way or another

The one thing the so called moaners on this forum do is CARE ....

If we want to sit at the top table of non league football, then action on squad numbers is essential..

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2016, 10:36:46 AM »

we may have to take a risk because we will have a lot less money with crowds of 800

Reduced gate receipts (smaller crowds, 2 fewer home league games per season, and possibly reducing gate prices back to National League North prices)
Reduced bar receipts
Reduced food receipts
Wages will probably be reduced to reflect circumstances, increasing the probability that players may be tempted elsewhere
Reduced visibility in the national media  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread