PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Chester (away) - Match Thread  (Read 57327 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Chester (away) - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »

Long term injuries

Griffith - not replaced
Coburn out for the seaspn replaced by youth teamer on bench - OK
Marshall out for months replaced by Heathcote - seems to be doing OK
Densmore out for unknown time - not replaced (Sinnot doing OK but we now have no cover in midfield)
Clee not match fit for 90 minutes - not replaced

Add in the short term injuries and we have been overly stretched with only Parry coming in for Havern.  a squad of 18 cannot can't carry this many injuries - it's not even debatable

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2016, 05:51:05 PM »

Manager not there again today, still laid low with a virus
Farce
Absolutely, why can't he arrange his illnesses for the close season.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »

Farce
well managers get sick all the time don't they - I guess its's more about desire, bottle, guts - Sinnott has none of this

If he is sick fair play - but then he needs to go, we need a manager to manage not give a sick note. How is he going to sign any players if he so sick?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »

I'm sorry but I was a bit fed up when Nicky Clee started the season unfit, and he hasn't been match fit at any stage since. We shouldn't even be playing him. He's recently been playing despite obvious problems and was a ticking time bomb as a result.

Its a shame to see it happen to one of my all-time favourites but I'm actually quite annoyed, he'll no doubt be one of our higher earners so its frustrating. I'd probably expect him to go at the end of the season.

I know that's probably going to be unpopular but we're short on the wings as it is. That being said, I really hope he can get himself sorted out because he's dynamite when he's fresh.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »

It's been said numerous times about Clee that he's awaiting an op, so of course he's not going to be 100%! To suggest he goes end of season is ludicrous, high earner or not what's that got to do with anything? There's a few others I'd hope were shipped out well before Clee.

I don't usually do negative and calm down but that was f**king dreadful. We aren't being turned over 4/5-0 but we don't ever look like scoring, fair do's to Rankine with his header but Worsnop is poor and again made the mistake. A look at the goals against and scored column shows how poor we are with goals this year. We need reinforcements - simple, none of the crap about wel what's the point in the short term and it doesn't address this and that, if we don't we will get dragged into the sh*t. Everyone else barr us is active, Barrow signing a lad who's from Warrington. I don't believe for one second the budget is all gone, so now I'm thinking Sinnott and his recruiting capabilities are poor? Something doesn't add up. I've not looked yet but Clee & Reeves both going off today can only make the point about more BODIES even more a priority.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »

It's been said numerous times about Clee that he's awaiting an op, so of course he's not going to be 100%! To suggest he goes end of season is ludicrous, high earner or not what's that got to do with anything? There's a few others I'd hope were shipped out well before Clee.

I don't usually do negative and calm down but that was f**king dreadful. We aren't being turned over 4/5-0 but we don't ever look like scoring, fair do's to Rankine with his header but Worsnop is poor and again made the mistake. A look at the goals against and scored column shows how poor we are with goals this year. We need reinforcements - simple, none of the crap about wel what's the point in the short term and it doesn't address this and that, if we don't we will get dragged into the sh*t. Everyone else barr us is active, Barrow signing a lad who's from Warrington. I don't believe for one second the budget is all gone, so now I'm thinking Sinnott and his recruiting capabilities are poor? Something doesn't add up. I've not looked yet but Clee & Reeves both going off today can only make the point about more BODIES even more a priority.
Ive said this before, but it isn't ideal having a manager that lives in the opposite side of the country to the club he manages. How the hell can he keep an eye on local players and keep his finger on the pulse.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2016, 08:02:37 PM »

Farce
well managers get sick all the time don't they - I guess its's more about desire, bottle, guts - Sinnott has none of this

If he is sick fair play - but then he needs to go, we need a manager to manage not give a sick note. How is he going to sign any players if he so sick?

So sick of you on here, just shut up you idiot.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »

Ive said this before, but it isn't ideal having a manager that lives in the opposite side of the country to the club he manages. How the hell can he keep an eye on local players and keep his finger on the pulse.

Fair point, but what do you define as local?

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »

Because we could be giving that wage to someone that can play ninety minutes to a decent level. He won't be on peanuts.

I'm not one to get sentimental really, Clee has consistently been one of our best players for years now but when he turned up unfit at the start of the season the question marks were already there for me. He then got injured and now needs an operation because he's been making cameo appearances on borrowed time.

We need more from our top earners and it isn't silly to presume that Clee is one of them.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »

Relegation would be a disaster, and it's well on the cards, especially now that Nicky Clee will surely be missing for weeks / months.

Gates would drop to 700, and there's a big chance the better players won't sign on again. I'm not sure how any resulting holes in the squad would be filled, given the current management's reliance on ex-Port Vale players and Tamesiders, of which both pools have long since run dry. That's assuming of course, that the current management team was retained.

The squad feels to me like a business being run down.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:11:05 PM by eightiesrobin »

GB Alty

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 08:09:36 PM »

if Clee is waiting for an op why is he playing at all? Serious injury was just waiting to happen

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 08:11:55 PM »

Farce

So sick of you on here, just shut up you idiot.

who's the daddy?

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »

if Clee is waiting for an op why is he playing at all? Serious injury was just waiting to happen

Continuing to run with a ridiculously small squad has meant game time being demanded out of unfit players. It did Densmore and Rankine in, and now Clee.. Arguably Reeves too considering the mileage he has put in over the last couple of weeks. It does nothing but highlight the need for more players. If it was done weeks ago we may not be in this situation.

We need to bring in some players on loan. It really is that simple.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2016, 08:16:22 PM »

I wonder if the club has some sort of group income protection policy (I seem to think someone mentioning this a few months back - Jenga maybe?).

At least with such a policy, the insurance company would pay the salaries of the incapacitated players, freeing up the money for replacements. I have no idea how much these policies cost, but I'd think it may have paid for itself this season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread