News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 man midfield

Author Topic: 3 man midfield  (Read 3005 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
3 man midfield
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »

I didn't go again today due to family commitments so hard to comment, to be honest my recent attendance has been poor so thoughts of others. I have said we aren't good enough to have two strikers on the pitch even though I rate both Reeves and Rankine but the results are clear to see that we lose most games with two strikers starting so surely we must go back to the three in mid?.ls Clee going to be able to play 90 minutes again? Could do with an update. We need a box to box centre mid with a good shot on him and maybe a couple of wide players for a start.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 3 man midfield
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:47:54 AM »

My thoughts are that Nicky is being nursed to the end of the season, I assume to have an operation on a troublesome recurring injury. So i will be amazed if he manages 90 minutes again this season. I am concerned about Shaun, how far is he from fitness? We looked better with 1 up front yesterday when we went more 4 4 1 1 . Lawrie looked much more comfortable. We just cannot convert enough of our chances, our conversion rate is poor. That is worrying, and the biggest problem we have and need to create a bit of luck in front of goal.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »

I actually can't  remember the last time we won playing 4 4 2 at this level playing 5 in midfield we are have a decent enough record
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:26:29 AM by Jimmy »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »

Yes we had this debate last year, despite having the players we do not win with 2 up front whoever we play
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »

Our most optimum formation is 4-2-3-1, a deep 4-5-1 really with two holding midfielders. Allows Lawrie a lot of freedom behind the striker when Moult and Richman are sitting deeper. That's the trio the side needs to be built around.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:42:47 PM »

Yes it's not actually a debate anymore also the more attacking 4 4 2 system is not helping us score let alone what it does in midfield

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »

I just worry he feels he has to accommodate both Reeves and Rankine, that was my concern from the first game. Surely Sinnott will revert back to 3 in mid, even at home we look better with only one up top with two high wide players.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 man midfield