PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 36275 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Tonight
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2015, 10:54:19 PM »

Nothing a fully fit Clee wouldnt solve.

Sorry but I don't think the words Clee, fully and fit will never be in the same sentence again.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2015, 11:05:05 PM »

Agree about Lawrie. Used to perform about 1 in 3 games now it's about 1 in 6.  Get Densmore at rb and Sinnott in cm.
Crowther will always cut in when he's on left because he's right footed.  Still preferable to Bowerman though

1 in 6 games or 15 mins out of ninety
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2015, 11:15:26 PM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

A fully fit Clee would solve a lot - but will it happen ???

To be fair 80s - I think I agree with the comment on Groundhog Day
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »

Clee may not be fully fit but his ability and trickery still makes him are biggest threat which considering he isn't fit says a lot about the other creative options

eightiesrobin

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

It's the act (metaphorically or physically) of covering one's face with the palm of one's hand, often used to convey feelings of frustration or sarcasm. Like when you see 10 players in the box defending a corner, or a free header, or a misplaced pass, or someone facing the wrong way in the box, or mulitiple stepovers. Or, when Pukka Pieman suggests all the team's problems can be solved by Nicky Clee being fully fit (and I love Nicky Clee).

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 12:35:36 AM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

It's the act (metaphorically or physically) of covering one's face with the palm of one's hand, often used to convey feelings of frustration or sarcasm. Like when you see 10 players in the box defending a corner, or a free header, or a misplaced pass, or someone facing the wrong way in the box, or mulitiple stepovers. Or, when Pukka Pieman suggests all the team's problems can be solved by Nicky Clee being fully fit (and I love Nicky Clee).

Thank you for your detailed explanation - I must confess to never having heard that expression before. I must be living a sheltered life - we used to call it 'talking bollocks'   ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »

Clee may not be fully fit but his ability and trickery still makes him are biggest threat which considering he isn't fit says a lot about the other creative options

Very true..........he can certainly cause lots of problems and change games - the opposition have to take a much more cautious approach when he is on the field. He remains our biggest threat to unlocking defences 

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »

And how many times did Lawrie give the ball away.That is the trouble with no competition for places, duffers play week in, week out. >:(

Nice to see a few other Lawrie knockers further up this post. Vastly, vastly overated by SinnOUT.

Do you seriously still want Sinnott sacked you weirdo?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 01:26:39 AM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

Maybe overdoing it a bit saying it solves all the problems but if you don't think a fully fit Nicky Clee would make a massively positive difference to our play then you're a bit of a weirdo to be honest.

roytonmike

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »

I fear that those hoping to see a fully fit Nicky Clee at any point in the foreseeable future may be living in cloud cuckoo land. His injury is evidently so deep-seated as currently to limit his effective participation in any game to about 30 minutes & going by the rate of progress it will take a very long time before that amount trebles. He has to be seen, in the modern idiom (which I detest) as an 'impact sub'. Similarly, those who read the physio's notes in the club programme for the Leamington game will realise that Densmore is not going to be risked until they are sure he's fully ready. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:02:15 AM by roytonmike »

Jimmy

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2015, 08:13:30 AM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

to be fair to him he mentioned Clee when the subject went to the form of Crowther,which he does play in the same position not sure he ment all the problems.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »

FACEPALM

What does facepalm mean?

Maybe overdoing it a bit saying it solves all the problems but if you don't think a fully fit Nicky Clee would make a massively positive difference to our play then you're a bit of a weirdo to be honest.

If you read my post you would glean that I don't denigrate Nicky Clee's impact on the team. My point was that it is naivete of the highest order to suggest that Nicky Clee is all that's needed.

One needs to take a realistic view, Nicky is 32 years old. He's started 3 of the 27 games played this year, getting through 90 minutes once. He managed 29 starts all last year. He won't go on forever, and he can't do it all on his own.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »

And how many times did Lawrie give the ball away.That is the trouble with no competition for places, duffers play week in, week out. >:(

Nice to see a few other Lawrie knockers further up this post. Vastly, vastly overated by SinnOUT.

Even if Lawrie is not playing well, why is it "nice to see" people knocking him? Further proof that you are a warped and deeply unpleasant individual.

Come on Alty!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2015, 09:09:31 AM »

For me, the only possible solution to playing 2 strikers is to have 3 orthodox CMs. In effect, Lawrie's role would become obsolete anyway.

Unfortunately this means we also need 3CBs - which we haven't got.

Sorry to be the first to say it (as far as I'm aware), but we may just have to make a brave call on Clee in the summer - we can't afford passengers.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

For me, the only possible solution to playing 2 strikers is to have 3 orthodox CMs. In effect, Lawrie's role would become obsolete anyway.

Unfortunately this means we also need 3CBs - which we haven't got.

Sorry to be the first to say it (as far as I'm aware), but we may just have to make a brave call on Clee in the summer - we can't afford passengers.

Can't afford passengers? We're lucky if we have any at all with the injuries we've had. By the way there's a few players I'd hope went along way before Clee departed, whether he's only got 20 minutes in his tank or not!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight