PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 36248 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Tonight
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »

I don't think we get the option of cutting prices....FA regulations.

Yes, someone once came on here and clarified this for us.............you certainly cannot cut the admission prices without the away clubs consent and you might not be allowed to do it at all ..............so you are stuck with the prices ..............my point wasn't to be critical of the club or the pricing policy, but to point out one possible reason why only 355 turned up tonight

Plus, it's 10 days before Christmas, a lot of people get paid on the third Friday of the month (this Friday coming) and just simply can't afford it. Or they're working extra in the build up to Christmas and new year.

Plenty of reasons why numbers at our level fall on unfavourable evenings in a trophy that isn't necessarily at the top of people's priorities.  :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »

That was as depressing as anything I've seen in the last 2 years. How many chances were spurned tonight? How often was the man in possession in the box facing the wrong way? How many touches do the players want? Why is the passing so slow, and why does most of it go backwards or across? Then resorting to hoofball late on. Genuine relegation candidates unless something changes IMO.

I don't know. Was it that that bad? Yes, granted we've just drawn to an evo stik side but I thought we started with real purpose and playing some good stuff. We lost our flow a little bit because they were kicking us. The game got broke up, if it had been because we'd been roughed up I'd have been angry but the lads didn't shirk the physical battle at all.

I'm not complaining about the physicality here (I think it's lacking too much in the game really) but I am bemused as to referees interpretations in games between sides at different levels. They were at least two tackles in the first half that would've been straight reds in the conference without hesitation. There was one on Richman that he's been sent off for twice himself! It also seems you can grab the ball out of a players hands when they're looking to take a free kick? Surely you can't level it down, a red card tackle should be a red card. If not can someone apply it to the conference so we can tackle freely as well.

Ref was crap and lost it at one point in the second half when he just started giving alternate free kicks, he gave us one that was no different to the previous challenge.

But back to our performance we got in front and it looked like 2 or 3-0 but griff has just misjudged the flight of the ball and it's a sucker punch. Disappointing yes but I've been more frustrated with other performances over the years. We just need to be up for the battle next Tuesday.

355 was terrible though. The move to December trophy games has been a bad move crowd wise for all clubs but I think we've got to do better than this.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 10:02:36 AM »

The only good thing to come from tonight is now having o'keefe back for Chester at home. But I do hope we see some reinforcements come New Year's Day. Next Tuesday is a must win game, we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth for the third year running in the FA trophy.

I have seen many a post over the last few months on the forum expressing the wish of "maybe bringing a few players in" .....for.... (Then add).....for the next league game / FA cup / to replace lack of midfield, defence etc / campaign in New Year etc

So far we have not replaced Marshall or Griffith - maybe for reasons we don't know - but I am not checking the website everday for news of loans

Our bench is so weak at the moment it is starting to impact on results more than it should

By my reckoning, there have been two loan players here in the past 2 and a half seasons - Andy Parry and Joe Mwasile, both of whom lasted about 7 games.
Jordan Sinnott was originally on loan, played quite well last night I thought (just incase some thought it was a sinnott bashing post)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »

The only good thing to come from tonight is now having o'keefe back for Chester at home. But I do hope we see some reinforcements come New Year's Day. Next Tuesday is a must win game, we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth for the third year running in the FA trophy.

I have seen many a post over the last few months on the forum expressing the wish of "maybe bringing a few players in" .....for.... (Then add).....for the next league game / FA cup / to replace lack of midfield, defence etc / campaign in New Year etc

So far we have not replaced Marshall or Griffith - maybe for reasons we don't know - but I am not checking the website everday for news of loans

Our bench is so weak at the moment it is starting to impact on results more than it should

By my reckoning, there have been two loan players here in the past 2 and a half seasons - Andy Parry and Joe Mwasile, both of whom lasted about 7 games.
Jordan Sinnott was originally on loan, played quite well last night I thought (just incase some thought it was a sinnott bashing post)

If you're going back to Mwaslie (2011?) days, Jake Moult was a loan player as was James Lawrie.

We signed Ben Mills on loan, we also had Kieran Walmsley,

During the conference north season we had Adam Dodd and 1 or two others.

But this season we should have taken one or two more loans - or permanent signings

eightiesrobin

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »

Mwasile was January 2014. It's two loans for the 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons combined.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 10:39:59 AM »

Jordan Sinnott
was originally on loan, played quite well last night I thought (just incase some thought it was a sinnott bashing post)

I think Sinnott was MOTM last night.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »

He was indeed, I heard the announcement as I trudged disconsolately on to Moss Lane.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »

How many did Leamington bring last night , 20 0r 30 ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »

How many did Leamington bring last night , 20 0r 30 ?

There were at least 30 Leamington fans stood with their flags, add to that those who chose to sit down, probably around 50 I'd say.

Makes the home turn out seem even worse.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »

More importantly now, what's the away turnout going to be for the replay next week? I'll be going and hopefully my lad too.

Makes the home turn out seem even worse.

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »

Couldn't go last night and we probably had to play 4 4 2 because of injuries and suspensions but it seems we can't win a game playing that system regardless of the standard of opponents

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »

Sinnott played very well last night. Delivery was a but below par at times perhaps but aside from that gave it a good go and it would've been a great goal had the keeper not got a fingertip to his shot to touch it onto the post.

I'd like to think the plan has been to run with a thin squad, kids occupying spots on the bench etc with a view to assessing what is needed loan/recruitment wise in January when better players available and checking how the budget/crowds/extra cup revenue has gone in the first part of the season.

If we're genuinely thinking of carrying on without bringing anyone in for theocrats of the season we'll find ourselves in real trouble.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2015, 02:06:14 PM »

Sinnott played very well last night. Delivery was a but below par at times perhaps but aside from that gave it a good go and it would've been a great goal had the keeper not got a fingertip to his shot to touch it onto the post.

I'd like to think the plan has been to run with a thin squad, kids occupying spots on the bench etc with a view to assessing what is needed loan/recruitment wise in January when better players available and checking how the budget/crowds/extra cup revenue has gone in the first part of the season.

If we're genuinely thinking of carrying on without bringing anyone in for theocrats of the season we'll find ourselves in real trouble.
Top post - very likely correct on all points
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

Top post - very likely correct on all points

surely the second half of the season  cant be as bad as the first for injuries I think we will be ok staying up wise

AntonDeck

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »

I'm glad the refs performance has been raised - It had the feel that it could've kicked off on a few occasions. Agree with the 2 potential reds -  both feet off the ground and not in control of the challenges.
Leather taking out their player in the first half 20 yards out - was a yellow card. Arguably their goalkeeper coming up to halfway line to argue with the AR could've been a yellow and a second could've been given for time wasting.
It was a very odd performance from the ref.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight