Proud
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Proud  (Read 9548 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Proud
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 08:45:43 PM »

amazed at just how quiet their fans were - we out sang a league one team at their place by a million miles.  So proud of the team they gave everything - special mention for Reeves who in possibly his biggest game for the club was asked to play most of it out of position which he did willingly, tracking back as required - totally professional performance.  I was feeling very confident of our chances at Moss Lane 'cos they were rubbish (I thought FGR played better in a gale force wind, torrential rain on a borderline waterlogged pitch than Colchester did today), so just hope they get a crap draw in the next round - coming so close to Old Trafford would be gutting, much easier to move on from just missing out on a trip to Northampton!

Have to disagree .
Yes I'm as gutted as you.
But we have done the same?!?!?
Having been watching Alty for over 50 years, wasn't it good to go to a friendly league club.
I have been to many a league ground, and have been scared.
I wish them all the best in the next round.
What has FGR got to do with this.
If we had played like we did today, we would have beaten them.
Before you ask, yes I was there.

Have we done the same as what?  Yes it was a friendly feel to the place but I didn't comment on that.  The only reason I was wishing them a rubbish draw is to ease my pain - they can play Man Utd in the third round and win next year and I'll be pleased for them.  (They might even raise a song then!)

FGR was just trying to say that there are teams in our league who a miles better than them

I'm saying, that we did the same to Guiseley as Colechester did to us.
Also saying, it was a friendly club. Why should we wish them a crap draw.
The other point is, we never got out of the blocks at FGR. If we had played at FGR like we did yesterday it could have been a completely different game.
To finish with, My own point of view is, that I don't think they were rubbish. We played superbly but still lost. They scored three good goals.
It's good to discuss these things. If we all thought the same, life would be boring.😉👍

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »

I thought it was friendly enough but I can't agree with the forest green comparison they would've won if we played like we ca. We would've won non the less we couldn't have gave more

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 01:03:28 AM »

Did not make it to Colchester, but I was listening to radio, had John Laidlar's updates on as well and also got the live BBC show on as well..........actually felt sick when the they got the winner.

The BBC studio coverage very quickly went 'live' to the Weston Community Stadium after Jason announced that the Robins had just missed an opportunity to wrap up the tie. They were actually showing Nicky's move and shot on goal, when the summariser heard the cheer from the stands and then announced that Colchester had scored........it was drama at its worst or best depending on who you wanted to win.

Terrible way to end it..........in some respects it would have been less hurtful to have been 3 down at H/T, but having had a day now to dwell on it, proud is probably the right way to be  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:26:52 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »

We gave it all we could - but defended badly - the suspensions did for us

Proud yes - but more disappointed I'm afraid
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:35:12 AM by Ham »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »

We gave it all we could - but defended badly - the suspensions did for us

Proud yes - but more disappointed I'm afraid

I absolutely agree 100% with this but will add that I didnt disagree with LS tactics even though we were left somewhat open. With the players available we couldn't do anything other than go for broke.

That said he did go 451 after half an hour putting Reevesy on the right wing - and this hasn't been mentioned mentioned but boy he put a right shift in there, total selfless - which was the right thing to do. Unfortunately Lawrie was quiet second half. Being able to play Dens for only 20 minutes so Jordan could go ratting in midfield rather than a tiring day against their wingers would've helped but it wasn't possible.

This is why we need to strengthen. I think this team is capable of winning the fa trophy but we need a clean(we) bill of health to do so. And we need to pick ourselves up, huge game Saturday now.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »

Ballers - spot on re the shift Reevsie put in.  He was, like all of them awesome.   And the tactics were spot on - Ranks switching sides at half time got him away from the shirt pulling 18, andit only took him 16 seconds to score.

And the number of great balls from Jordan for Ranks, Reevsie and Lawrie to run onto...and the one to George Bowerman who relesed Clee in 90+2.

Open was exactly the right way to play given Colchester's defensive frailities - but still was a brave decision to take, away to a League 1 side.

Still proud...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proud