Proud
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »

Did us proud , hard luck .

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Proud
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:56:08 PM »

Proud,but absolutely gutted two evenly matched teams,tough to take and now Lee has to pick
 Them up for next week.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »

Worst Ive ever felt  over a football match in 38 years, so near yet so far, maybe a drubbing would be easier to take , will get over it though.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 05:32:48 PM »

Cruel game at times but well done to everyone. Massive respect to the travelling fans. You all did us proud.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »

Proud is the word!

I didnt realise how upset I was about today until reading this thread just now.

I had taken all the positives from the day - and there were many - but now the disappointment is crashing in.

The boys did not deserve that ending

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »

Its never nice to lose this way ,but that's football for you , lets get back to the business of climbing up the table now , and of course the fa trophy .

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »

Absolutely Gutted, I have never felt worse than that, none of the relegations anything.

For the Lads and fans to put in such an effort to then see it snatched away was cruel beyond words.

At the end of the day though pride will be the emotion that overrides the dissapointment for me, weve gone toe to toe with two league one sides and should have beaten both (or at least get a draw today).

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 09:54:30 PM »

Moult was different class and very proud however a little disappointed because if we played like we did against Barnsley we would've won

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 09:58:07 PM »

Well done to all today, support was brilliant and all the team put in 100%. Gutted we lost in the dying seconds and it was hard to tell who was part time/full time.

We created our goals but they exploited mistakes, disappointing from that point of view. Never mind always next year.

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »

amazed at just how quiet their fans were - we out sang a league one team at their place by a million miles.  So proud of the team they gave everything - special mention for Reeves who in possibly his biggest game for the club was asked to play most of it out of position which he did willingly, tracking back as required - totally professional performance.  I was feeling very confident of our chances at Moss Lane 'cos they were rubbish (I thought FGR played better in a gale force wind, torrential rain on a borderline waterlogged pitch than Colchester did today), so just hope they get a crap draw in the next round - coming so close to Old Trafford would be gutting, much easier to move on from just missing out on a trip to Northampton!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 01:52:13 AM »

amazed at just how quiet their fans were - we out sang a league one team at their place by a million miles.  So proud of the team they gave everything - special mention for Reeves who in possibly his biggest game for the club was asked to play most of it out of position which he did willingly, tracking back as required - totally professional performance.  I was feeling very confident of our chances at Moss Lane 'cos they were rubbish (I thought FGR played better in a gale force wind, torrential rain on a borderline waterlogged pitch than Colchester did today), so just hope they get a crap draw in the next round - coming so close to Old Trafford would be gutting, much easier to move on from just missing out on a trip to Northampton!

Have to disagree .
Yes I'm as gutted as you.
But we have done the same?!?!?
Having been watching Alty for over 50 years, wasn't it good to go to a friendly league club.
I have been to many a league ground, and have been scared.
I wish them all the best in the next round.
What has FGR got to do with this.
If we had played like we did today, we would have beaten them.
Before you ask, yes I was there.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »

i still cannot believe we are out of the cup.But a great display by the lads,they can walk tall today.
Harold

Bath Alty

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »

Have to disagree .
Yes I'm as gutted as you.
But we have done the same?!?!?
Having been watching Alty for over 50 years, wasn't it good to go to a friendly league club.
I have been to many a league ground, and have been scared.
I wish them all the best in the next round.
What has FGR got to do with this.
If we had played like we did today, we would have beaten them.
Before you ask, yes I was there.

Have we done the same as what?  Yes it was a friendly feel to the place but I didn't comment on that.  The only reason I was wishing them a rubbish draw is to ease my pain - they can play Man Utd in the third round and win next year and I'll be pleased for them.  (They might even raise a song then!)

FGR was just trying to say that there are teams in our league who a miles better than them

bumble

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 07:47:21 PM »

Absolutely Gutted, I have never felt worse than that, none of the relegations anything.

This.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »

This.

Probably know how Guiseley fans felt last year now , luckily the draw isn't great not in a financial sense.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proud