PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to appeal o'keefes red card
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We've got to appeal o'keefes red card  (Read 6320 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:43:43 PM »

7:47 on the highlights, the red should be chalked off immediately and the FGR charged retrospectively with simulation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-68PpqYhFlA

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We've got to appeal o'keefes red card
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »

I've heard the club are appealing if the video evidence is good enough.......Not watched it yet
@AltyDaz

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »

exactly what I thought watching it live - terrible decision.

to be fair I've watched their red card a couple of times and have no idea what he gave that for given they were awarded the freekick which looked like a 50:50 to me.

I note the highlights didn't include the 'foul' by Scott on the edge of the box at the end that clearly demonstrated how unplayable parts of the pitch were at the end

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »

On that evidence two of the three sendings-off were questionable in the extreme. Havern can have no complaint, but the ref did neither the FGR 6 nor O'Keefe any favours. However, the pessimist in me says that it wouldn't matter if either appealed; the FA would back the ref whatever. Way of the world, I fear ...

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »

Given we both have cup games next week we could support each other's claims as I expect they gave the ref a very low appraisal score too!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »

I'm really not sure that video evidence is conclusive enough for any appeal to be successful.

Perhaps a camera from the opposite side of the pitch would have provided a better view of the O'Keefe incident?

And what on earth was Havern thinking?

Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, it's good to see that we learned our lesson from the opening day of the season and didn't allow Jon Parkin to have a free header from a corner kick....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:14:29 PM »

On that evidence two of the three sendings-off were questionable in the extreme. Havern can have no complaint, but the ref did neither the FGR 6 nor O'Keefe any favours. However, the pessimist in me says that it wouldn't matter if either appealed; the FA would back the ref whatever. Way of the world, I fear ...

I'm sure that the reds for Louis Moult (Wrexham) and Danny Whittaker (Macc) were turned over on appeal last season, so the FA will move if they think they need to.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:56:33 PM »

I cant tell from the video if contact was made or not. What i can tell though is the FGR player made such a meal of it, he should be reprimanded by the FA for that at least.

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »

He did make contact but from behind the goal you could see he hit the floor at least a yard before he slid into the player so he had little momentum by the time contact occurred.  I also think it's pretty clear that the contact was not with Josh's studs but with his shin.  Finally when Josh actually takes off the player isn't actually in the line of the jump, the time between jump and contact is long enough for their overreacting cheat to arrive into the path Josh is already committed to.

The defence rests

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 07:35:01 PM »

From the highlights that looks like one of Luca's worst games in an Altrincham shirt. Gets skinned in pretty much every clip.

Their fans love an ironic cheer don't they?! I counted four in 30 seconds at one point. "Wheeeyyyyyy..."

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »

7:47 on the highlights, the red should be chalked off immediately and the FGR charged retrospectively with simulation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-68PpqYhFlA
hardly conclusive

No chance of an appeal based on that

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »

The club get a copy of the whole game, But i'm with the rest not much to go on after watching it a few time.
@AltyDaz

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:51:47 PM »

Having just watched the highlights. Dale Bennett fully deserved his red card for swearing in Simon Richman's face after a fine challenge from Richman. Josh O'Keefe challenge doesn't seem to be worthy  of a yellow, though I would have a better view of the incident if the camera on the other side. Maybe the reaction of the Forest Green player got him sent off. Also I think the Forest Green player dived and got Luca a 2nd yellow.
I don't think we can appeal the Josh O'Keefe on the evidence of these highlights as the ref seems to be in a better place to see the incident. Though Louis Moult managed to overturn his red card despite poor video evidence though that was probably down to Welsh FA for that decision.
Forest Green seem to be similar team to Barnet who play in a 'professional' way to win games.
They really should be beating teams like us

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »

As someone who saw Luca Havern's challenge from the other side, it was a definite bear hug and nailed on red card

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »

I am still struggling to understand why we wanted it played at all
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team