PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: FGR - Match Thread  (Read 32504 times)

Jimmy

Re: FGR - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »

Probably right ham

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

"What, Alty fans moaning? Never. Most obnoxious fans within the Non league system."

The FGR viewpoint:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57501

unfortunately this is the perception other clubs have of us - comes from our righteous attitude and always complaining about other teams money

Maybe they will be moaning about our money when Duncan moves to a top premier league club.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 02:50:21 PM by Timperley The Best »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »

"What, Alty fans moaning? Never. Most obnoxious fans within the Non league system."

The FGR viewpoint:

unfortunately this is the perception other clubs have of us - comes from our righteous attitude and always complaining about other teams money

I agree - we are a right bunch of whingers on the internet sometimes.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »

The FGR viewpoint:

For the benefit of those not there yesterday, I can tell you we had a lot to moan about.
Firstly after being charged £4 car park I was instructed to park at the end of the away end on the grass as the main car park (concrete surface) is for home fans only. We were then blocked in after the game by cars parked by home fans.
They ram home the point their owner chooses to be Vegan, so everyone else must follow suit - no suggestion of meat or even cow's milk.
It was extremely cold and wet.
As if the elements didn't spoil the game enough, the Ref made sure he did and insisted on being the star jester.
I am not disputing that it wasn't our management that pushed for the game to be played, but in the second half the surface was not safe. There was one particular incident when a FGR forward slid into the barrier behind our goal-line and as funny as some of our fans found it, the reality is he could have been seriously hurt - if I was refereeing a match, I would have abandoned it immediately.
I am not complaining about losing to a team second in this league, but the elements and poor officiating yesterday could have an effect on our future results.
Maybe there fans don't realise what most other fans think of them - Forest Green's a joke (although yesterday it didn't seem funny).

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »

[/quote]

For the benefit of those not there yesterday, I can tell you we had a lot to moan about.
Firstly after being charged £4 car park I was instructed to park at the end of the away end on the grass as the main car park (concrete surface) is for home fans only. We were then blocked in after the game by cars parked by home fans.
They ram home the point their owner chooses to be Vegan, so everyone else must follow suit - no suggestion of meat or even cow's milk.
As if the elements didn't spoil the game enough, the Ref made sure he did and insisted on being the star jester.
I am not disputing that it wasn't our management that pushed for the game to be played, but in the second half the surface was not safe. There was one particular incident when a FGR forward slid into the barrier behind our goal-line and as funny as some of our fans found it, the reality is he could have been seriously hurt - if I was refereeing a match, I would have abandoned it immediately.
I am not complaining about losing to a team second in this league, but the elements and poor officiating yesterday could have an effect on our future results.
Maybe there fans don't realise what most other fans think of them - Forest Green's a joke (although yesterday it didn't seem funny).

[/quote]

What utter rubbish! We parked on the grass and had no problem getting out. I had a cup of tea with Soya milk and wasn't the worst tea I've had at a match including Moss Lane - we even had a joke with the girls in the snack bar about it. As for the game when you let a guy like Jon Parkin run through your defence after 1 minute and then leave him unmarked from a corner after 17 mins you've got an uphill battle. Also the wind was against us in the 2nd half which made our job harder. The ref wasn't great and I thought he could have taken the conditions into consideration a bit more and thought that O'Keefe's red card was wrong but did he need to make that challenge in the centre of the park. As for Havern's red card I'm not sure even he knew what he was doing. The pitch wasn't unsafe and it certainly wasn't dangerous, I've seen games played on worst pitches and conditions. I watched the game with a former Southern Premier Division player and manager who saw no problem with the pitch or conditions and agreed with me that we were beaten by a better and physically stronger team. Don't forget they hit the post, top of crossbar and Sinnott had that great clearance off the line. We worked hard and battled at times but didn't deserve to get anything out of it. I actually enjoyed my trip except for the result, great facilities and friendly staff - I think you're just moaning for the sake of it which kind of proves their point.

Bath Alty

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »

There were some weird things worthy of a moan yesterday but FGR have copped a lot of stick of us in the past over the Peake stuff which they were probably unaware of the reasons why we always turned up at their place angry before we started.  They will have formed an opinion of us from those days.

Food was odd - we knew there would be no meat (you can have gravy on your chips though ???) but the hot chocolate was really odd and watery, the only chocolate on offer was some over priced poncy nougat stuff - there are no real cats in a kit-kat and what's wrong with Mars or twix?

£4 parking is steep - especially when it is in a school down the road and they can get away with it because they are in the middle of nowhere and there are no other options.

Ref was a grade A clown, Josh was never a red in million years, having watched the video I don't know what their red was for either and there were many other shocking decisions - maybe the rain got in his eyes?

Staff were friendly though, stewards and snack bar staff who have clearly heard it all before about the catering.

Did we deserve a point, absolutely not - they were quicker and stronger, although we played the neater football we didn't threaten as often as they did - the conditions suited their more direct style of play more than ours.  No complaints on the result but we should not have two players suspended for next week and that is what really rankles, hopefully an appeal can at least resolve that bit

Jimmy

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »

I used to dislike them because of Peake now I'm indifferent towards them in fact I'd like them to go up as their ground is in the middle of nowhere and not much of a day out

Bath Alty

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2015, 05:52:03 PM »

but only 45 minutes from me so I'm keen they and Cheltenham stay in here with us!

Jimmy

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »

but only 45 minutes from me so I'm keen they and Cheltenham stay in here with us!
fair enough

GB Alty

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2015, 05:58:10 PM »

The FGR viewpoint:

it was our management who pushed for the game to go ahead, so your gripe about the conditions should be directed at them

Everything else your moaning about you knew before you went yesterday, so as others have said your moaning for moaning sake, and proving other clubs negative perception of us correct
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:00:45 PM by Ham »

Bath Alty

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

There is a world of difference between being keen on starting a match on a pitch that was quite wet and playing on what that had become in the second half after an enormous dowpour.

Also not sure that Redhill could have known in advance that the ref was going to be a clown and send Josh off?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2015, 06:10:13 PM »

The pirch was not unplayable

taxi Phil

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »

We've played on far worse (any fixture at Droylsden, as Ecky reminded me !) but it certainly deteriorated as the game progressed. But I wouldn't have thought of calling it off at any stage.

Bath Alty

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

the bit to the left of our area in the second half may have been but they only came down that side once - definitely clutching at undeserved straws though!

andrewflynn

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2015, 08:37:51 PM »

We've played on far worse (any fixture at Droylsden, as Ecky reminded me !) but it certainly deteriorated as the game progressed. But I wouldn't have thought of calling it off at any stage.

I remember the pitch was absolutely disgraceful for that 3-1 loss on New Year's Day 2012. What a day that was... Attendance of around 600 and I reckon we easily had 400 fans there. I've a picture somewhere of us completely dominating that terrace behind the goal. In typical Alty fashion, any invasion fixture equals a loss.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR - Match Thread