News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bye Bye Forest Green????

Author Topic: Bye Bye Forest Green????  (Read 6348 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Forest Green????
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »

They're not going anywhere. Huge losses yes and not sustainable in the long term. But they have a very wealthy backer underwriting it all.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »

And I expect them to progress to fa cup round 3 and probably get promoted too.

Speculating to accumulate.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

So long as Mr. moneybags is interested all will be well.  If Mr. moneybags gets bored and wants a new toy... poo hits fan.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »

So long as Mr. moneybags is interested all will be well.  If Mr. moneybags gets bored and wants a new toy... poo hits fan.

I think if he's put nine million quid in he's probably going to stick atound

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

Thats what Rushden and Diamonds thought
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »

The interesting thing about Rushden is that Griggs pretty much gave the whole thing away to the fans and left it debt free.  The problem was that the costs involved had become so high and difficult to slash (the stadium for instance) that they were impossible to maintain.  He created a monster that nobody else could feed.  The same could happen at FGR long term because they just don't have a large support base.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 08:42:42 PM »

The interesting thing about Rushden is that Griggs pretty much gave the whole thing away to the fans and left it debt free.  The problem was that the costs involved had become so high and difficult to slash (the stadium for instance) that they were impossible to maintain.  He created a monster that nobody else could feed.  The same could happen at FGR long term because they just don't have a large support base.
Yeas - clubs can live the dream so long as the cash is there.  Build the ground(s), but the players, all of that.  But it's one bloke - he could fall ill, get run over by a bus.  There's a lot of emphasis on that one source of serious income and ultimately it is not truly sustainable.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 08:55:47 PM »

Rushden started with nothing so what have they lost,just back where they started before griggs

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 08:46:14 AM »

So long ; as Mr. moneybags is interested all will be well.  If Mr. moneybags gets bored and wants a new toy... poo hits fan.

Yeas - clubs can live the dream so long as the cash is there.  Build the ground(s), but the players, all of that.  But it's one bloke - he could fall ill, get run over by a bus.  There's a lot of emphasis on that one source of serious income and ultimately it is not truly sustainable.

I hope the bus is of an eco nature ideally run on the old chip fat that they use in there snackbar  :D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »

What surprises me about Dale  Vince is how much money he has made from his idea/firm.........when you look into it he 'leads the way' in several sectors, but Still has a small customer base
Right now everyone is following suit / jumping on the bandwagon......,.solar, wind, wave.....this time next year my own employer will generate more eco electric than he does and have set it all up inside three years........I just cannot see how he can contiknue to throw his money at football
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

vic

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

Like a small version of City and Chelsea who without big backers would be mid table at best.
Seem that without them we all will struggle apart from Vics.......................................

anglo alty

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

All to familiar story

Bath Alty

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 04:53:27 PM »

Like a small version of City and Chelsea who without big backers would be mid table at best.
Seem that without them we all will struggle apart from Vics.......................................

Chelsea would love to be mid-table at the moment ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bye Bye Forest Green????