PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 21 Year wait Over
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 21 Year wait Over  (Read 10734 times)

roytonmike

Re: 21 Year wait Over
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »

Thanks Cult, I thought it was earlier but could be right, Swindells did get the 4th then! I used to get in at half time when the gates were opened. Do you know the half time score of that game?
Sorry but I can't help you out there.
No helpful notes in my copy of the match programme, I'm afraid.
Nor in mine, I fear. However, one possible portent (he said, clutching at straws) on the Monday after that Chorley game we went to Macc and won 3-2 (Brian Fidler scored twice in the first half & the late, great Jack Swindells got a hat-trick in the second).
Incidentally, just to be perverse, I suppose I got hooked after my second ever Alty game - FA Cup 1st Round, November 1968, Alty 0 Crewe Alex 1 - The Willie Mailey Show, for those with VERY long memories!

roytonmike

Re: 21 Year wait Over
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Yeah we know cult :o
My first FA cup game was Everton away in 75 I think and that ignited my interest, by 1977 I was a regular home and away!
Also, I remember getting into the ground at half time in the mid sixties and we were losing 4-0 I think,... to Chorley, and it ended 4-4 with Jackie Swindells getting all 4 of our goals.
My memory is pretty sketchy, could you find that game and the date of it? I would love to recall it better.
I wonder if you're mixing this up with 1970 - Alty 4 Goole 2 (Swindells all four, just after Jack had announced his retirement [which was short-lived as it happened, as he came back for most of the following season] - the date was Sat April 4th)?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 21 Year wait Over