PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Barnsley thread  (Read 44046 times)

York Alty

Re: Barnsley thread
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »

Barnsley ticket office indicating that they have now sold around 800 tickets in total.

so less than Grimsby and Tranmere and only marinally better than Chester. I wonder if the Barnsley forum is laughing at my comments now?

Yes they are. In fact Dickie Bird has called a public meeting at the Town Hall to discuss them.  He's in floods of tears.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »

So if Barnsley had agreed to play on Sunday it probably wouldn't have been made all-ticket and they may have brought more supporters. Another reason could be they have decided to stay at home and watch the match on a dodgy decoder. Either way Barnsley have cost us and themselves money from this cup-tie. They are not very bright in Barnsley are they?
They really should be beating teams like us

York Alty

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »

So if Barnsley had agreed to play on Sunday it probably wouldn't have been made all-ticket and they may have brought more supporters. Another reason could be they have decided to stay at home and watch the match on a dodgy decoder. Either way Barnsley have cost us and themselves money from this cup-tie. They are not very bright in Barnsley are they?

Perhaps not, but the folk I have met from there are spot on.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »

I'd be very interested to know how the marketing has been outside of the club and its supporters and I cannot comprehend why it is cash only.......in 2015, I only pay cash for minor transactions or in the pub. I am actually irritated in some situations if the person before me holds me up my friggin around with cash. Cards are quick, contactless takes 3 seconds. If my local Asian shop can do this why the hell can't we?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2015, 08:28:31 PM »

Barnsley ticket office indicating that they have now sold around 800 tickets in total.

so less than Grimsby and Tranmere and only marinally better than Chester. I wonder if the Barnsley forum is laughing at my comments now?

Let's get 'em beaten and bank the prize money. Time to write a new chapter in our FA Cup history. Come on Alty!!
Come on Alty!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »

A blunt and straight talking Barnsley fan wakes up one morning with a sore anus, so he goes to the snack bar in the away end and says to the assistant, "Na then lad, has tha got any arse cream?"
"Certainly," replies the assistant. "Do you want Magnum or Cornetto?"

@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »

I said 2.5 k tickets and a 2 1 win I'm halfway there come on alty !!!!
ParkINson's red and white army

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2015, 08:55:39 PM »

I think their schedule of games made it so a Sunday match just wouldn't work at all. A Sunday match doesn't guarantee more fans either does it?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »

Just remember it was not the club's decision on all ticket they had to agree to the advice given.
@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »

I'd be very interested to know how the marketing has been outside of the club and its supporters and I cannot comprehend why it is cash only.......in 2015, I only pay cash for minor transactions or in the pub. I am actually irritated in some situations if the person before me holds me up my friggin around with cash. Cards are quick, contactless takes 3 seconds. If my local Asian shop can do this why the hell can't we?
Cards are so f**king crap that I'm going to stop taking them in the cab. Lost three fares this year because the card won't accept and the punter hasn't got money with them. Cash is king.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »

Cards are so f**king crap that I'm going to stop taking them in the cab. Lost three fares this year because the card won't accept and the punter hasn't got money with them. Cash is king.

They were taking card payments at last Saturday match
@AltyDaz

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

Where is the nearest cash machine to the ground? What do you do on a matchday when you might want to impulse buy something in the club shop or get some drinks in the csh and you dont have enough cash? You cant do it.  You can with a card.

Cards are so much more convenient and encourage spending. The issue for the club is probably the cost of getting the terminals and what it costs to process the payments. You often need a decent volume of card payments to make it viable.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2015, 07:32:16 AM »

My prediction is 2-1 Alty with Deasy being at his imperious best with a crowd of 2347

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »

I think on balance the club have done all they reasonably can once the police made the decision they wanted an all ticket match even though it probably didn't need to be.

We've sold tickets by cash, card and online. The club has been open til 7pm every night. There's been a league game and a well attended youth cup game.

It's been on social media, even had a decent evening news piece.

Ultimately, needless all ticket matches impinge on attendance but we're still going to get double our normal league crowd.

As I said a week ago, it's our first home fa cup game for 3 years. When we review it, we'can look at lots of things, how effective was social media, could we find other outlets like local sports clubs or pubs to sell tickets, could ticket be given to people on sale or return?

A lot probably not but it's for another time now. Let's enjoy the day, not worry about coulda should woulda sold more tickets.

Up the Robins

arnald

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »

It's still a good turn out if only there was a safe way of obtaining home tickets on the day tho  tt cud get a few more
Down , any way let's enjoy the ocasion can't wait
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley thread