PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET  (Read 28817 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »

If people are going to speak sense I'm off
Full time and proud of it

VofD

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »

Official ground capacity (2006) is 6085. Does anyone actually believe the attendance figure will be anywhere near that. Complete madness to make it all ticket, in my opinion. >:(

Games aren't just all ticket because the crowd might be bigger than capacity. Interesting article from Torquay as to why it can happen.

http://mobile.torquayunited.com//news/article/explaining-all-ticket-1311216.aspx

People are asking questions that they know the answer too mate as part of the "got to pick holes in something or someone" stuff.  Facts and explanations get ignored as they ruin a lot of rants.

It can't just be me it all seems massively obvious to?

Having the match as all ticket will lower the gate.  The club want to make as much money out of the day so to pump it back in to the things that need funding. Therefore a decision to lower income would not be taken lightly.

However these things get taken out of the clubs hands and are only negotiable to a point.

Do people really think that they said "we'll get more that 6,085 in so best make it all ticket"?  I'm sure they don't (see opening sentence).

What an excellent insightful post

If we were about to play in champions league final certain posters would be unhappy they had to fly to the game

Personally, I would go by road/rail. ;)

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2015, 12:34:30 PM »

Despite the official site now having some more details on it there are still no details about how to get a ticket if you don't live in the immediate area or are not gunna be able to get to the Torquay game on Saturday.

Surely there has to be phone sales + postage at least for exiled supporters?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2015, 12:40:59 PM »

If people are going to speak sense I'm off
lol
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »

It's just a new situation isn't it. There will be things that go right and things that go wrong. There are things we don't know. Pukka Pieman says officially we have more terracing capacity than the flags. The reality is we've lost a lot of space for spectators to flow safely. Whether that was considered I don't know.

We may find we lack a card machine or something. If so, fine but then we review everything and if the bad bits remain the bad bits the next year we have a cup tie then that will be the time to complain.

Jenga

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »

Surely we have a payment card machine and people can book over the phone with a debit or credit card.

taxi Phil

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »

Surely we have a payment card machine and people can book over the phone with a debit or credit card.
I assume you'll happily accept the charge of posting the ticket out to you ? And risk the "efficiency" of Royal Mail. If everyone wanted to collect on the day it would be chaos !

Jenga

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »

I assume you'll happily accept the charge of posting the ticket out to you ? And risk the "efficiency" of Royal Mail. If everyone wanted to collect on the day it would be chaos !
If you are buying a ticket, surely to you can pick it up on the day with agreement from the club, others to collect by 5.00pm on the 6th Nov, not that difficult with email confirmation, or perhaps charge £2.50 p+p or whatever it costs, if you want tickets posting you pay as you would do normally with any tickets. Not rocket science.

Personally it doesn't affect me, i will be there Friday at 5.00pm muahahaha
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:20:02 PM by Englands No.17 »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2015, 01:21:58 PM »

If you are buying a ticket, surely to you can pick it up on the day with agreement from the club, others to collect by 5.00pm on the 6th Nov, not that difficult with email confirmation, or perhaps charge £2.50 p+p or whatever it costs. Not rocket science.

If you think about the logistics of that, how would it work without having a physical ticket office (for collection) or staff with spare time to handle the postage side. These kind of games crop up so infrequently that it's probably bottom of the list of the club's priorities.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jenga

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »

I would agree it is a rare situation.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:16 PM »

If you are buying a ticket, surely to you can pick it up on the day with agreement from the club, others to collect by 5.00pm on the 6th Nov, not that difficult with email confirmation, or perhaps charge £2.50 p+p or whatever it costs, if you want tickets posting you pay as you would do normally with any tickets. Not rocket science.

bring ID please you may be from barnsley
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »

Pukka Pieman says officially we have more terracing capacity than the flags. The reality is we've lost a lot of space for spectators to flow safely. Whether that was considered I don't know.

The capacity hasnt been re-assessed since CSH was built and is unlikely to be for a while and this wasnt a factor at all in the CSH scheme, it was just that we wanted the new terrace to be safe standing, thus the barriers were designed into the scheme.
The issue about the gantry is separate and I have no doubt the club are aware of your comments above  and the new ground committee are looking at what needs doing.

markecky

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2015, 02:21:50 PM »

The issue on the gantry was actually made a lot better and few noticed!

It started the season as being nearly all of that middle third with scaffolding to the floor.  The scaffolding is now only a third of the way along it so fans get stand underneath and the other half is hung from the beams.

This means that people can stand underneath it now.

If you stand there it isn't ideal I know but at least it has improved a bit.

Anyway about this football match.....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »

Yes Pukka, see what you're saying, but we're still reduced in real terms. What I'm saying is that there are new things we'll find out about.

In this example I was keen that we had terracing still there but come the cup game we may find it better to not allow anyone to stand there spectating so as to allow for a bit of crowd flow or just spare space (given what we've lost)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2015, 03:31:41 PM »

The issue on the gantry was actually made a lot better and few noticed!

It started the season as being nearly all of that middle third with scaffolding to the floor.  The scaffolding is now only a third of the way along it so fans get stand underneath and the other half is hung from the beams.

This means that people can stand underneath it now.

If you stand there it isn't ideal I know but at least it has improved a bit.
Anyway about this football match.....
Although not perfect, the popular side gantry situation is much better nowadays.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET