PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET  (Read 28815 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »

Im guessing tickets wont be available on the day?Im just thinking of last minute deciding to go people and others who cant  get there before match day

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »

Im guessing tickets wont be available on the day?Im just thinking of last minute deciding to go people and others who cant  get there before match day

Millwal tickets were not sup[posed to be available on the day but due to demand they sold them up untill a certain time.
@AltyDaz

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »

If it was possible to sell them on the day or  even  up to kick off it could make a big difference .

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »

The milwall game was always a bit different. Maybe tickets could be sold on the day with proof of address or association. We can iron all this out once the details are released. It wioykd make things more straightforward for exiles if a facility to pay by card could be made available. But we'll have to wait and see

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »

If it was possible to sell them on the day or  even  up to kick off it could make a big difference .
then there would be no point in it being all ticket??? All ticket, but you can buy your ticket at 2.55pm? What a waste of time

The all ticket nature of this game means we will miss out on many impulse on the day punters (which made the big difference against Guiseley). Can't see us selling more than 2,000 tickets which seems to be the norm for all ticket games at moss lane (Millwall)

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »

The milwall game was always a bit different. Maybe tickets could be sold on the day with proof of address or association. We can iron all this out once the details are released. It wioykd make things more straightforward for exiles if a facility to pay by card could be made available. But we'll have to wait and see
why is it all ticket anyway? We expecting a capacity turn out?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »

That's probably a question for the local SAG and GMP.

VofD

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »

Official ground capacity (2006) is 6085. Does anyone actually believe the attendance figure will be anywhere near that. Complete madness to make it all ticket, in my opinion. >:(

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 11:05:51 AM »

I've paid for things by bank transfer to the club's account before which was easy to arrange with the office and is virtually instant. Granted not quite as easy as a credit card payment, but not too hard to do either.
It wioykd make things more straightforward for exiles if a facility to pay by card could be made available. But we'll have to wait and see

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »

Maccs game against Bristol Rovers was changed to buy tickets on the day earlier this season .Probably depends on how many Barnsley sell if Alty were to make a similar decision.

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/game-no-longer-all-ticket-2360020.aspx

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »

Official ground capacity (2006) is 6085. Does anyone actually believe the attendance figure will be anywhere near that. Complete madness to make it all ticket, in my opinion. >:(

Games aren't just all ticket because the crowd might be bigger than capacity. Interesting article from Torquay as to why it can happen.

http://mobile.torquayunited.com//news/article/explaining-all-ticket-1311216.aspx

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »

The usable (not official) capacity must be a lot lower now? Since the Guiseley game (crowd around 4600 I think) we've lost almost a third of the pop side to the TV gantry (I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere) and I can't see anything other than a large sterile area taking away another third of the pop side. I hope this isn't the case, but if we do it for run of the mill league games then it's going to happen for a game like this.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »

The capacity is still 6085, the gantry does reduce the effective area there but we have gained at least that many in front of the CSH which was an area that never counted at all towards the overall capacity as the old flags had no safety barriers.

markecky

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »

Games aren't just all ticket because the crowd might be bigger than capacity. Interesting article from Torquay as to why it can happen.

http://mobile.torquayunited.com//news/article/explaining-all-ticket-1311216.aspx

People are asking questions that they know the answer too mate as part of the "got to pick holes in something or someone" stuff.  Facts and explanations get ignored as they ruin a lot of rants.

It can't just be me it all seems massively obvious to?

Having the match as all ticket will lower the gate.  The club want to make as much money out of the day so to pump it back in to the things that need funding. Therefore a decision to lower income would not be taken lightly.

However these things get taken out of the clubs hands and are only negotiable to a point.

Do people really think that they said "we'll get more that 6,085 in so best make it all ticket"?  I'm sure they don't (see opening sentence).

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »

People are asking questions that they know the answer too mate as part of the "got to pick holes in something or someone" stuff.  Facts and explanations get ignored as they ruin a lot of rants.

It can't just be me it all seems massively obvious to?

Having the match as all ticket will lower the gate.  The club want to make as much money out of the day so to pump it back in to the things that need funding. Therefore a decision to lower income would not be taken lightly.

However these things get taken out of the clubs hands and are only negotiable to a point.

Do people really think that they said "we'll get more that 6,085 in so best make it all ticket"?  I'm sure they don't (see opening sentence).

What an excellent insightful post

If we were about to play in champions league final certain posters would be unhappy they had to fly to the game

ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley is Saturday 3pm - ALL TICKET