PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Halifax - MATCH THREAD  (Read 24742 times)

Jacobs

Re: Halifax - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »

Thought Clee was absolutely terrible tonight. The lack of tracking (effort) he put in was infuriating. Real mixed bag of performances tonight. Thought our best spell was at the end of the first half. A few good balls whipped in. To be fair to them they were very well organised and we're difficult to play through. Did a job on us.

Hamilton

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

Thought Clee was absolutely terrible tonight. The lack of tracking (effort) he put in was infuriating. Real mixed bag of performances tonight. Thought our best spell was at the end of the first half. A few good balls whipped in. To be fair to them they were very well organised and we're difficult to play through. Did a job on us.

I guess Crowther was due to start and Clee come on later. Injury put paid to that idea.

Jacobs

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »

I imagine so, I was more annoyed with his effort than application. Don't get me wrong he is not the reason we lost but the laziness just really annoys me. I am hardly a Simon Richman when I play football but I don't get paid to play for Altrincham FC. He isn't the first and won't be the last to annoy me on this topic.

Hamilton

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 10:20:03 PM »

I can only assume, in his defence, that he was simply not match fit.

Sadly, with his injury record, I just wonder if we are witnessing the demise of Clee as any more than an impact player. I hope I am being - not for the first time - premature!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »

Positives from tonight:

Reeves looking back to himself again. Great header for the goal
Some people will still say he was a disgrace, but I thought Sinnott was our most creative player tonight

Struggling after that. Regroup and get something at Aldershot
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »

How many matches like that have we seen recently.
Terrible.

Jacobs

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »

Not necessarily the demise of Clee just needs to not just get match fit but fit... regardless of the injury who could of done something to keep himself relatively fit. 

Reeves finish was good.

dunhamalty

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »

everyone was poor, Clee is one of the only exciting player we have so has to play, he wasn't 100% as usually he does offer more protection to Griff.
If that's Reeves back to his old self Rankine comes back in as soon as possible.
Knowing Alty we will beat Aldershot and loose to Kiddy

dunhamalty

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 10:35:57 PM »

*lose

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »

Both goals conceded were down to Moult giving the ball away!

Only positive was havern not getting a red.

Didn't start playing until they scored.  Finished 1st half well.  Stated  2nd half with 3 cbs and densmore and Griffin as wbs. Once we equalised I thought we'd kick on and wrap it up.

'Calpol' springs to mind
Full time and proud of it

VofD

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 10:53:54 PM »

Moult, rather unusually, had a nightmare of a game. But, on the whole, they were all poor. As for Lee, " 24 hours from....."?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »

Thought Jordon had a decent game tonight , Jake Moult made so many bad passes , don't think it was pen , and Luca a lucky man to not get red card .

ripleym

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2015, 11:01:43 PM »

Both goals conceded were down to Moult giving the ball away!

Only positive was havern not getting a red.

Didn't start playing until they scored.  Finished 1st half well.  Stated  2nd half with 3 cbs and densmore and Griffin as wbs. Once we equalised I thought we'd kick on and wrap it up.

'Calpol' springs to mind

I actually asked for them to score, so that we could start playing, approximately 5 seconds before they did.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »

As I was getting out of the car, I said to eightiesjunior that I had a real feeling of deja vu from the Worcester City game of January 2014. Pissing down, evening kick off, playing a team which (on paper) you would be fairly confident of beating.

And so it came to pass. Striker missing injured (for Rankine read Walshaw), Griffin playing up front,  disallowed goal,  opposition scoring from nowhere second half. No lack of effort, but frustrated by the conditions and the opposition. They even played in blue.

Still, I suppose it had to happen after using up a few games worth of fortune on Saturday. Just one of those things IMO.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2015, 11:52:36 PM »

Truly awful passing tonight - very frustrating to watch and must have been just as frustrating for the management (and players probably).

Clee and Dens very rusty, Moult, Richman and Lawrie seemed to want to pass it through Halifax players. Jordan Sinnott put in a few wicked crosses in first half but we didn't capitalise.

One step forward and one step back, again
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - MATCH THREAD