News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your Support Would be Greatly Appreciated

Author Topic: Your Support Would be Greatly Appreciated  (Read 8850 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »

Altrincham Ladies play their first home League fixture since promotion on Sunday when we take on FC United of Manchester Ladies at Mersey Valley Sports Club. Kick Off 2.00pm

I believe that FCUM have a "healthy" fan base, many of whom travel and it would be nice I think if we could attract support of our own on this auspicious occasion.

Those of you who came to watch us last season and in our games against Lees University and Stockport County recently will, I hope recognise that we do try to play good football

so, give it a try, it's free to watch!!

Thanks

ripleym

Re: Your Support Would be Greatly Appreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »

I'll see if I can get down and take some photos Phil.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »

Cheers Mike, that would be brilliant, as always

We are proud to count you as one of our supporters, photo's or not you are always more than welcome

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »

Just a quick advert  for the game tomorrow.

Although we aren't always successful we do try to play good football and, having watched FCUM once or twice I anticipate it being a good game to watch.

SO

If you are able to come and support the Ladies tomorrow  I don't think you'll regret it.

If you want more independent opinions than mine just ask anyone who has seen us play, particularly against The Isle of Man Representative Team and Lees University Flames

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

Unfortunately  this afternoons game had to be abandoned after approximately an hour with the scores level at 1-1

Alty Goalkeeper Lizzie Brereton suffered a severe arm / wrist injury in making an extremely impressive save.

The thanks of all at Altrincham ladies are due to first team therapist Alan Ainsley who was watching the game and ran on to offer his assistance.

Unfortunately Lizzie was in too much pain to be moved at all so the game was abandoned.

Disappointingly Lizzie had to remain prone on the pitch for over two and a half hours awaiting an ambulance.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »

Unfortunately  this afternoons game had to be abandoned after approximately an hour with the scores level at 1-1

Alty Goalkeeper Lizzie Brereton suffered a severe arm / wrist injury in making an extremely impressive save.

The thanks of all at Altrincham ladies are due to first team therapist Alan Ainsley who was watching the game and ran on to offer his assistance.

Unfortunately Lizzie was in too much pain to be moved at all so the game was abandoned.

Disappointingly Lizzie had to remain prone on the pitch for over two and a half hours awaiting an ambulance.

Over 2.5 hours, that's absolutely shocking, I hope she is ok. In the same way we use bucket collections for our injured men's team players might be a thought about doing the same for Lizzie next Saturday, should get a fairly large crowd vs Barrow too.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

Two and a half hours is a total disgrace. Has anyone been on to the NW Ambulance service for an explanation? If one of my family they'd be in court.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »

From Twitter Lizzie has broke her wrist and damaged some bone.
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:19:28 PM »

Sadly now confirmed as a displaced fracture of the wrist.

Currently waiting to see if it will require surgery

Thanks for the concern, we will provide updates as and when available.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »

Over two hours seems a very long response time - you expect better but at the same time they do assess the risk to life and prioritise patients accordingly
I assume they must be busy on the heart attack front and have not just been finishing off the crossword - did they offer any apology?

There has been some lengthy delays before in getting ambulances to Moss Lane as well

Unfortunately casualty is packed Sunday morning with those suffering sports injuries and those who have sobered up and need fixing after a night out in town

Hope the keeper recovers and is back playing again soon
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 10:29:35 PM »

I don't now what is going on with the NHS.
My grandaughter collapsed in Alty, it took Ages for an ambulance to arrive. The ambulance driver told me they had to come from Oldham.
What the actual fxxk is going on😡😡😡😡😡.
Enough said!!!!

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »

I don't now what is going on with the NHS.
My grandaughter collapsed in Alty, it took Ages for an ambulance to arrive. The ambulance driver told me they had to come from Oldham.
What the actual fxxk is going on😡😡😡😡😡.
Enough said!!!!

Yes. Indeed. Way off the topic I know but Bootham Hozzie in York is closing... A report from the local paper, I understand from a contact that the bit in bold did happen.

"The decision to close the facility comes following an unannounced inspection on September 9 and 10, to see whether required safety improvements had been made to the building, which had previously been found unfit for purpose. But inspectors found the required improvements had not been made and sources told The Press it was in such a bad state that part of the ceiling fell down during the inspection.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »

Over two hours seems a very long response time - you expect better but at the same time they do assess the risk to life and prioritise patients accordingly
I assume they must be busy on the heart attack front and have not just been finishing off the crossword - did they offer any apology?

There has been some lengthy delays before in getting ambulances to Moss Lane as well

Unfortunately casualty is packed Sunday morning with those suffering sports injuries and those who have sobered up and need fixing after a night out in town

I am not disputing that there need to be priorities when an Ambulance is required.

My "beef" as it were is that as they keep saying virtually every time we call them that they are very busy with Sports Injuries, and that (understandably) life threatening calls must take priority why not have more Ambulances available if they can quite accurately predict demand?

Today I spoke to a former paramedic who has now left the service for a number of reasons - his partner is still a GMAS paramedic and advises that in Greater Manchester yesterday afternoon there were a grand total of NINE GMAS Ambulances available.  The St John guys who came to Lizzie were brilliant, don't get me wrong but they are volunteers, mainly off duty GMAS paramedics I believe.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:41 AM »

I am not disputing that there need to be priorities when an Ambulance is required.

My "beef" as it were is that as they keep saying virtually every time we call them that they are very busy with Sports Injuries, and that (understandably) life threatening calls must take priority why not have more Ambulances available if they can quite accurately predict demand?

Today I spoke to a former paramedic who has now left the service for a number of reasons - his partner is still a GMAS paramedic and advises that in Greater Manchester yesterday afternoon there were a grand total of NINE GMAS Ambulances available.  The St John guys who came to Lizzie were brilliant, don't get me wrong but they are volunteers, mainly off duty GMAS paramedics I believe.
Thanks - got to agree - looks like a few more teams out on the road needed
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team