PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fantastic today  (Read 8779 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fantastic today
« on: September 26, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »

Really switched on for 95 minutes, they'll feel aggrieved that they didn't equalise in the last minute when they hit the post and it some how stayed out. But just after how we didn't get a penalty which the ref seemed to be about to give and his linesman said no is beyond belief and he'll probably be relieved they didn't go up the other end and equalise. Well done, a more polar opposite perform from last week you'd struggle to see. Long time between now and the end of the season, but today has the air of a pivotal result, first clean sheet, first away win, onwards to barrow and Halifax now, same attitude and application should yield us points

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic today
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »

How he didn't give that penalty at the end, I'll never know. More of a pen than the one he gave. I thought their keeper made 3 world class saves in the second half to keep the score down. Excellent all round.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »

Full credit to the lads today. Really deserved the 3 points.  Didn't think there was contact on Bowerman for pen at end, and their keeper was an odd combination of brilliant and fumbling.  I am surprised they haven't had a big loss this season as their defence was panicked on occasion.  Crowther did well again, Rankine ran himself into the ground and Reeves looked hungry when he got on.  First clean sheet for Deasy too!

And having compared them to Barnet before the match, I take it back and apologise.  Warm welcome, friendly club, decent non league ground - but although ambitious deeply mistaken in my view to go full time.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »

Huge win today. I thought the performance was ok, better in the second half where we looked more like ourselves. Deasy didn't have much to do but he looks confident and authoritative - I'd pick him ahead of Coburn at the moment even if Stu was fit. Rankine did well but when Reeves came on, he was dynamite - it is the manager's job to find a way for us to set up with Reeves in the team. He has to start, it's as simple as that. However, and without getting into the fact that he's the manager's son, I do think Jordan Sinnott is a weak link - he gives it away too often, is weak in the tackle, slows us down and he just doesn't seem to know what kind of midfielder he is.

The Bowerman incident at the end was one of the most astonishing non-decisions I've ever seen. My sense was that the ref saw the foul, looked to the liner just to check whether it was inside or outside the box, got blanked by the liner, had a brain melt and ended up giving nothing at all. Thank God it didn't matter.

Nice ground and as others have said not the mini Barnet experience I was expecting. But it did feel like a pre-season friendly.

Oh and that's the first penalty we've scored since April last year.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:39:20 PM by Leon »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »

We should have won by 3 or 4 but to be fair the opportunities we had were missed as a result of great goalkeeping/defending rather than squandered chances. The penalty decision at the end was ridiculous as referee was 2 yards away, yet looked to his assistant for a decision and he was at least 10 yards further away. How they didn't pinch a point in the last minutes beats me.

We were treated very well by the stewards. We were greeted politely and the staff were very helpful when I requested medical attention for my son at half time. It did feel like we were in Jail, but the stewards were so polite it defused any fear of intimidation. Completely opposite to our treatment at nearby Barnet last season. I have no problem with such segregation, although I personally do not think it is necessary.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »

A fully deserved 3 points that was. Both sides had a number of excellent chances but overall I feel we shaded it. As others have said especially with a quite astonishing decision not to give us a pen when Bowerman was blatantly taken out right in front of the ref in injury time. I also thought after disappointing away support at Dover/Woking we were back at it today, vocally and with decent numbers.

As for Borehamwood, under 300 home fans on a Saturday in September is embarrassing. The answer to that appeal as reported on our website... 'Do the people of this town.....?!' was a clear no. It was very flat, felt like we were back in the Conference North, no one at their end really appeared that bothered. We had a quick one in 'Spoons after and the beer was terrible. They'll do very well indeed not to get relegated.

arnald

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »

What a great win makes me happy for the fans who went and the hole club
No radio robins so up yours boring wood .fees my god you cheeky little sh*ts
Up the alty

VofD

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »

Huge win today. I thought the performance was ok, better in the second half where we looked more like ourselves. Deasy didn't have much to do but he looks confident and authoritative - I'd pick him ahead of Coburn at the moment even if Stu was fit. Rankine did well but when Reeves came on, he was dynamite - it is the manager's job to find a way for us to set up with Reeves in the team. He has to start, it's as simple as that. However, and without getting into the fact that he's the manager's son, I do think Jordan Sinnott is a weak link - he gives it away too often, is weak in the tackle, slows us down and he just doesn't seem to know what kind of midfielder he is.

The Bowerman incident at the end was one of the most astonishing non-decisions I've ever seen. My sense was that the ref saw the foul, looked to the liner just to check whether it was inside or outside the box, got blanked by the liner, had a brain melt and ended up giving nothing at all. Thank God it didn't matter.

Nice ground and as others have said not the mini Barnet experience I was expecting. But it did feel like a pre-season friendly.

Oh and that's the first penalty we've scored since April last year.

Fully agree on both points.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »

Pretty much all of what I was going to say has been said.  Was always going to be scrappy affair but we showed the qualities we show against the bigger teams by digging in.  

If they had equalised with that wonder shot off the post it would have been a bit harsh as it was their keeper rather than a lack of chances that kept it to 1-0. The ref had the whistle in his mouth for the last min penalty, raised his arm and was about to point to the spot when I can only think that the liner shouted "nnnoooooooooooo" in his ear on that mic thing.  The ref was 10 yards away staring at it with a clear view, he should have gone with what he saw.

Good turnout and a very enjoyable day.  

They must be very worried though by getting 280 home fans on the weekend after an away win and an appeal for backing.  Add in stepping up to full time and their chairman must be looking at some expensive months ahead.

They should look at how unwelcoming thepaperwork is that they send through as it wasn't matched by the decent people at the ground, I was expecting to be water cannoned on arrival and kettled in the corner.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:10:24 AM by markecky »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »

Are you going to congratulate the team on a hard-earned away win or are you solely obsessed with your hatred of Jordan Sinnott?

What a horrid person you are!
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »

Are you going to congratulate the team on a hard-earned away win or are you solely obsessed with your hatred of Jordan Sinnott?

What a horrid person you are!

I congratulate the team on a hard earned away win against a very poor team.

Why the personal abuse when you know F*** ALL about me?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »

Look back at your posts on this forum, I don't need to say anything further.
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »

What a poor response. Ever heard of free speech?

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »

Could anybody tell me how the non-penalty decision compared to Densmore getting snapped at Guiseley earlier this season?

Great result yesterday, we've bounced back well from that debacle last Saturday. Couldn't ask for more.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

What a poor response. Ever heard of free speech?

Your posts are often of a particularly negative and unpleasant nature and mostly focussed on one person and not the team.

That is a fact and has nothing to do with free speech.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic today