PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky Braintree
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unlucky Braintree  (Read 11922 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Unlucky Braintree
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »

Rankine must be knackered , he puts in so much effort every game , one of the few that has any fight  and passion .

ripleym

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

After some of the performances today, you wonder how many have thought about the "Griffith precedent", and worked out you can get a salary for doing f**k all?

Lawrie and Rankine gave their all, as did Richman despite being obviously not 100% fit.  Crowther showed flashes, which makes me think he is a confidence player.

Other than that, I didn't see any desire.

VofD

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 10:13:42 PM »

I think Lee is just treating the club with contempt now. I'm pretty sure he's selecting his son time after time and allowing him to take all the set pieces, just so that he will get noticed by a scout from a bigger club. It's not going to work Lee - he's not good enough mate and you'll just have to explain that to your wife.
Also, if anyone gets a chance this evening, can you stick a poster up at the main entrance saying, 2 up front with a sh*t midfield is not going to work in this league.

Totally agree. I posted on 16th Feb this year that Sinnott Snr was treating the club as a cash machine for Sinnott Jnr, and still it goes on.  >:( >:(

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »

That was the most lack lustre performance I have seen at Altrincham , the whole team seemed drained , no energy and no sense of direction , the only heartening things I could see was the anger in some of the players leather,luca,richman and reeves seemed to be the only guys getting upset about what was going on , the set piece takers are shocking ... there's no point naming names on the one we all know who , tactically lee had to try something different because they found us out after 10 mins and once dens went of injured we were screwed going forward because we had no one doing any decent deliveries into the box but the TEAM played so bad no tactics would have helped us.

Last part of the rant is deasey banned from kicking the ball again after ten mins they seemed to have cottoned on and we were under pressure every time he had the ball , what gives ?  I know everyone has there own interpretation of the game and this is mine COMPLETLY WANK and can romeo48 put this team performance in the knobsock of the year vote because this is where it belongs.
FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 11:00:17 PM »

That was the most lack lustre performance I have seen at Altrincham , the whole team seemed drained , no energy and no sense of direction , the only heartening things I could see was the anger in some of the players leather,luca,richman and reeves seemed to be the only guys getting upset about what was going on , the set piece takers are shocking ... there's no point naming names on the one we all know who , tactically lee had to try something different because they found us out after 10 mins and once dens went of injured we were screwed going forward because we had no one doing any decent deliveries into the box but the TEAM played so bad no tactics would have helped us.

Last part of the rant is deasey banned from kicking the ball again after ten mins they seemed to have cottoned on and we were under pressure every time he had the ball , what gives ?  I know everyone has there own interpretation of the game and this is mine COMPLETLY WANK and can romeo48 put this team performance in the knobsock of the year vote because this is where it belongs.

The way I still feel 6 hours after the end of that debacle, I'm more likely to enter Lee "I like to run with a small squad"  Sinnott.

I was going to pull all the stops out to go to Lincoln, despite having loads of pressing stuff to do next week, and precious little spare cash. Know what ? Like half the team today I simply can't be arsed now.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »

This. It gets filed away in the 'everyone had a bad day at the office'. If you rated the team, there would be a couple of 6's and the rest 5 and 4. No point blaming the scapegoat/s today, everyone was at fault for that today. Let's hope we can bounce back in a similar way we did to the Welling game.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »

Every time we play a team who are supposed to be fellow struggles Sinnott does not show them the same respect that's why he reverts to 4 4 2 when as expected they scored we went then to 3 at back which was a risk worth taking but on evidence of that we can't play it again we were all over the show shocking display i will give crowther man of the match for taking on a full back and doing a cross/shot

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »

Not much too add really. Thought we set up in our best formation and started brightly and they go and score a bizarre goal. Densmore going of was a massive loss. The problem wasn't the formation(s) but the players, looked like they'd never seen each before. Parry ipitomised our performance, until yesterday he's been solid, yesterday he was dreadful (he's not on his own).

I'd have given Densmore MOM, the only positive was Crowther (at times) looked like a winger.

Can't see us creating chances until either Clee comes back or we get someone in.

Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »

Braintree came into the game with wins over Kidderminster, Southport and Welling already this season. It was clear they know how to deal with the sh*te in this league, of which we are no exception really. Very naive of Sinnott to adjust our formation the way he did, when every point we've gained has come using 4-5-1.

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »

I think Lee is just treating the club with contempt now. I'm pretty sure he's selecting his son time after time and allowing him to take all the set pieces, just so that he will get noticed by a scout from a bigger club. It's not going to work Lee - he's not good enough mate and you'll just have to explain that to your wife.
Also, if anyone gets a chance this evening, can you stick a poster up at the main entrance saying, 2 up front with a sh*t midfield is not going to work in this league.

Totally agree. I posted on 16th Feb this year that Sinnott Snr was treating the club as a cash machine for Sinnott Jnr, and still it goes on.  >:( >:(
100% agree, this is why so many people were so upset when we signed Sinnott Jnr in the summer

We need to get our club back before even more people lose interest. Both Sinnotts need to go, nepotism is killing the club

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »

Woke up tjhis morning - first thing in my head was the heartless shambolic bag of sick we served up yesterday.  I am absolutely fuming at the gutless, spiritless, rudderless sh1te.

The second though t was we've got more points at this stage than last season, we've got the like of Clee hopefully back in the near future and the team that plays at Lincoln has the opportunity to put right a whole lot of wrongs.  A win there and my week improves hugely.

Come on Alty.

brian1925

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »

There's not a cat in hells chance of us getting anything at Lincoln. There is absolutely no reason to believe we'll pick up a point away from home any time soon, especially as our small squad is decimated by injuries and we are carrying a couple of players who are nowhere near good enough for this level.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »

I think we should have started 4,3,3 as previously.  Reeves looked a little sharper but he has no service without a fit clee
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »

After some of the performances today, you wonder how many have thought about the "Griffith precedent", and worked out you can get a salary for doing f**k all

I've thought about this for the past 24 hours, and it's not a million miles off the mark.

Imagine you're part of a tight knit group of workers. In the summer holidays the management sack a third of the group and replace them man for man. You welcome the new guys, and they seem to integrate.

Then things go wrong and you lose a substantial number of your mates to industrial injury. Your head is already down just a little.

The discovery that one of these new fellows has had his hand in the till and there's no funding left to reinforce the squad isn't going to make you jump for joy.

Football management isn't just about tactics and signings......it's about man management and motivation. Lee has a very tough job in those departments right now, and I for one don't envy him.

We'll struggle on Tuesday, and I totally expect defeat at Lincoln. WE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO COME HOME WITH NOTHING FROM BOREHAM WOOD ON SATURDAY.

A tenth straight away defeat will dig a pit that the lads will find it damn near impossible to escape from.

Hamilton

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »

After some of the performances today, you wonder how many have thought about the "Griffith precedent", and worked out you can get a salary for doing f**k all

I've thought about this for the past 24 hours, and it's not a million miles off the mark.

Imagine you're part of a tight knit group of workers. In the summer holidays the management sack a third of the group and replace them man for man. You welcome the new guys, and they seem to integrate.

Then things go wrong and you lose a substantial number of your mates to industrial injury. Your head is already down just a little.

The discovery that one of these new fellows has had his hand in the till and there's no funding left to reinforce the squad isn't going to make you jump for joy.

Football management isn't just about tactics and signings......it's about man management and motivation. Lee has a very tough job in those departments right now, and I for one don't envy him.

We'll struggle on Tuesday, and I totally expect defeat at Lincoln. WE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO COME HOME WITH NOTHING FROM BOREHAM WOOD ON SATURDAY.

A tenth straight away defeat will dig a pit that the lads will find it damn near impossible to escape from.

A very intelligent and thoughtful post.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky Braintree