PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference highlights show
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Conference highlights show  (Read 9195 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Conference highlights show
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 08:01:21 PM »

Just watched them both goals taken so well
ParkINson's red and white army

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »

Good programme, enjoyed it.

Bath Alty

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »

check out the segregation at Bromely (7 minutes in) - imagine the grief on here if it was that far down the pitch for a dozen Heed fans!

Also enjoyed Tranmere boss complaining about the speed of the fourth official throwing the ball back in but not mentioning they had suffered one of the worst red card decisions seen for a while!

Wellin gplayer now charged with diving and faces three game ban, red card has already been overturned

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »

You shouldn't get a 3 game ban for diving granted its cheating and should be punished but you only get a 3 game ban for a tackle that maybe breaks a leg

Bath Alty

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »

I quite like it - I've been an advocate of this sort of punishment for diving for a while.  If he'd got away with it the Tranmere forward would have suffered a three game ban so the appropriate penalty for trying to get the other guy suspended for three games is you get suspended for three games - punishment fits the crime.

If you get a one game ban for trying to get him a three game ban it might be worth a go - this way it's evens and fewer players are likely to take it on.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:30 PM »

I agree with Bath Alty here.

I also agree with Jimmy however that there should be some form of system where challenges can be judged.

Frank Sinclair got a 3 game ban yet Tom Kearney never played football again. Breaks my heart that. Although, I would say that although it was a bad, late challenge I've seen far worse ones that happened to cause less damage.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »

I think if 1 of are players got a 3 game ban for diving we would be moaning the whole world is against us

Bath Alty

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 10:17:09 PM »

I'd like to take it a step further as well - if the ref spots it and is confident then mirror all the implications of the false event you are creating - in this case nothing much as the defender went down in his own box but if a forward tries it in the area looking for a pen - give a pen at the other end.  Same principle of balancing the risk and the reward.  At the moment if a forward goes down when running at the last defender in the box he is risking a yellow card to try and gain a penalty and a red card for the opposition, hardly a disincentive to try it is it?  I know there's a risk the ref makes a horlix of it and compounds the error of not giving us a pen by actually giving one to the opposition but he'd have to be really sure to do give the decision and in practice the threat of the punishment means that you'd only have to give one every couple of seasons in across all 5 divisions to wipe out diving anyway so it would arise so infrequently it becomes a non-issue.

Risk you're own red and conceding a penalty and the thought of taking a dive just won't cross his mind, he might still go down easily on minimal contact but a pure dive, no chance.

While I'm on the topic is there any pundit comment more infuriating than "If there's contact in the box you're entitled to go down" - no you're not, its a contact sport.  you don't see this else where on the pitch - there's a tackle in the centre circle and both players feel the contact and are entitled to go down expecting a free kick - nonsense.  Contact is not a foul inside the area any more than it is outside the area so stay on your feet and play!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:20:15 PM by Bath Alty »

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

Surely a foul taking a yellow for the team etc is cheating also

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

In terms of conduct, playacting with the intention of getting an opponent a red card is far worse than getting sent off for 2 yellows. It also serves as a textbook example of bringing the game into disrepute.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »

You're entitled to go down under contact if that contact adversely affects what you are trying to do though.

If you're about to shoot and someone nudges you in the back or whatever and you can't cleanly get your shot in why are you obliged to try and make the effort to stay up and thus possibly reduce the chance of the foul being penalised?

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »

The yellow for a dive is the correct punishment the problem is they are not given out enough I'm afraid if the rules changed like bath alty said any player with talent would just get kicked to f**k

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »

Actually, to be honest - and I fear in 9 pages time we'll all have forgotten the words conference highlights - everything could be sorted by refs.

I'm always bemused by the amount of times they get conned. They must watch (and be mentored/assessed whatever) the game they ref. Now (and I'm largely talking foreign refs and matches here) when player x goes down holding his face like he's been punched by player y with all the rolling around and histrionics that follow how often is it actually real?  One in ten at best.

Surely they must take this into account?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference highlights show