PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 treated like an animal
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: treated like an animal  (Read 7390 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
treated like an animal
« on: September 05, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

The segregation at todays game is ludicrous.  Enormous fences on yhe half way line.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: treated like an animal
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »

It's an utter farce, yet again. What sort of impression does this give to any neutral fans who turn up to take advantage of the £5 offer - they are hardly likely to come back.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 05:12:31 PM »

This is what the ground committee is for. I think it's a good idea from the club and a great way to get fans input into what we should do with the ground.  If I didn't live 200 miles away I would be interested

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »

I hear this was an oversight for which the club are truely sorry, and a statement will follow in due course, and as above says, shows the importance of a ground committee, to much to do for too few

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:37:05 PM »

I must offer my apology to the fans on the Popular Side for the segregation scaffolding still being in place this afternoon after it being insitu for the Tranmere game last week.
Due to business commitments this week I have not been at the ground most of the week and thus forgot to instruct Gallaghers to remove the fencing.

I hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment of a fantastic result today - and it will be removed in time for our next game vs Eastleigh.

Many apologies

Grahame
@AltyDaz

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:59:53 PM »

While an apology is fine, the simple solution is that the popular side should be for home fans only. Any sterile areas should be on the away end. Inconveniencing the away fans if necessary. I've supported Alty for over 40 years but am finding this regular farce on the popular side is really testing my patience.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 12:58:44 AM »

While an apology is fine, the simple solution is that the popular side should be for home fans only. Any sterile areas should be on the away end. Inconveniencing the away fans if necessary. I've supported Alty for over 40 years but am finding this regular farce on the popular side is really testing my patience.

You can't put a sterile area in the away end for tranmere. They brought 1800 for goodness sake, and the away end doesn't hold that many.  Nothing wrong with that at all. I agree it needs sorting on a long term basis, but at least the club are finally listening (and adapting to) fans viewpoints.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 07:18:57 AM »

Fair enough and that should be the end of the matter.....except we scored a last min winner and the last time I stood there James Lawrie did the same vs Macc so perhaps it should stay
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »

1. This was an oversight and an apology has been issued.

2. Why is it that some people think fans of our opponents, especially those of ex-league clubs should receive VIP treatment.

3. I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but look how we were treated at some away grounds last season.

4. I hope Cheltenham fans enjoy their trip to Aldershot and its a pity that they are not going to Barnet.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 02:49:17 PM »

I think we need to make room available for those teams that bring well over 1,000 with them, firstly because we can, and secondly to keep them out of home areas. If money allowed or logistics could do it, we should provide a small amount of seating but only for those who find standing difficult, there should also be wheelchair accommodation for home and away supporters, the Equalities Act demands that. Otherwise, the away end is the away end, the rest is ours. If it is raining then tough. We need to sort out the toilets and food provision at that end though and stand supporters should not have to go in the away end to get a pie.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »

We should knock down the pop side and build a 10,000 seater stand instead with segregation pens.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 05:51:38 PM »

I think we need to make room available for those teams that bring well over 1,000 with them, firstly because we can, and secondly to keep them out of home areas. If money allowed or logistics could do it, we should provide a small amount of seating but only for those who find standing difficult, there should also be wheelchair accommodation for home and away supporters, the Equalities Act demands that. Otherwise, the away end is the away end, the rest is ours. If it is raining then tough. We need to sort out the toilets and food provision at that end though and stand supporters should not have to go in the away end to get a pie.

Bear in mind that there are currently five grounds in this league which are all seater.  Another 3 have more seats than standing spaces.  The propensity for fans to sit at this level is growing. There are a good number of Alty fans who freely choose to sit down to watch us both home and away.

I would love to know if there is a club in the country where away fans can only sit down if they find it physically difficult to stand.  I don't think such an idea would do our reputation any good.

I welcome the new committee, which is a great idea.  The big issue for me remains the gantry and fencing on the popular side, and also the facilities at the away end which are very poor.

All about money of course at the end of the day...

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 08:16:45 PM »

[..I would love to know if there is a club in the country where away fans can only sit down if they find it physically difficult to stand.  I don't think such an idea would do our reputation any good.

I welcome the new committee, which is a great idea.  The big issue for me remains the gantry and fencing on the popular side, and also the facilities at the away end which are very poor.

Bob, you would be surprised. I have .been involved with both the original Wimbledon and the current AFCW incarnation as a safety officer and assistant with the new club. Have you any clue what the Equalities Act requires, we are miles short? Seating for disabled fans plus better for others is mandatory for any service provider. We need to wise up. So do some others' attitudes.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »

[..I would love to know if there is a club in the country where away fans can only sit down if they find it physically difficult to stand.  I don't think such an idea would do our reputation any good.

Bob, you would be surprised. I have .been involved with both the original Wimbledon and the current AFCW incarnation as a safety officer and assistant with the new club. Have you any clue what the Equalities Act requires, we are miles short? Seating for disabled fans plus better for others is mandatory for any service provider. We need to wise up. So do some others' attitudes.

I'm totally agreeing with you about the equalities act and provisions for away fans. I totally support wheelchair seating for both home and visiting fans. What I don't agree with is your idea that away fans shouldn't be allowed to sit at our ground unless they find standing difficult. I think it is utterly wrong and unnecessary.  apologies of course if I misread your idea.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »

We should knock down the pop side and build a 10,000 seater stand instead with segregation pens.

Great idea, please post your cheque to AFC, Moss Lane Alty  ;D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 treated like an animal