PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Southport - MATCH THREAD  (Read 22680 times)

brian1925

Re: Southport - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »

Correct. So how many of our 'subs' had no chance of playing today then? You can't go into games with only 13 players, surely?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »

If parry had any chance of playing he would have done, and fully fit we would have beaten southport with ease, this is the key issue though. we've not got the depth. And whilst we haven't got the depth, get more on duel registration,young eager lads out to prove their worth are better than crocks on the bench, and thank the Lord that dickhead Coy was as bad for both sides or we would have played 30 mins with ten men and an outfield player in net. These reserves lads might not be up to it, but any keeper is better than no keeper

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »

Where to start. Agree Heathcote should have come when Richman went off.  Having said that I thought O'keefe did ok.
When  it's  bare bones you need players to step up and too few did.  Griffin and Bowerman  we're appalling.  As was Crowther buts thats a given.
Sinnott was okay for 45mins then disappeared. Reeves had no service but looks completely out of sorts. No ideas why Rankine was rested.
All in all another sh*te day out at scouseport.
Full time and proud of it

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »

Wasn't a penalty, was.a foul outside the box, and that gave them the lift. Second goal no trackers with the lad who basically ran into the box and stopped before smashing it home. Third a soft one after a fantastic save from Deasy.

Im astonished the ref didn't actually send Deasy off but a yellow was the right decision, there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity going to arise.

Griffin, poor game, but not helped by Bowerman not tracking back. The two Southport lads ripped him inside out time and time again first half, should've been doubling up on them.

Crowther - did he play?
Sinnott - too many poor balls
Leather - looks a tad tired
Moult - better than most
O Keefe - very lightweight, too defensive.
Lawrie - poor but at least he tried to have a go with a few shots
Reeves - well off the pace
Rankine - should've come on sooner, had their centre backs rattled
Bowerman - did same thing about 6 times with his right foot

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 07:20:11 PM »

Was talking to Ian Senior before kick off , according to him Ranks was feeling stiff , that's why not on at start , playing Moult at centre back odd when u have Heathcoat available.

M17

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »

Wasn't a penalty, was.a foul outside the box, and that gave them the lift. Second goal no trackers with the lad who basically ran into the box and stopped before smashing it home. Third a soft one after a fantastic save from Deasy.

Im astonished the ref didn't actually send Deasy off but a yellow was the right decision, there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity going to arise.

Griffin, poor game, but not helped by Bowerman not tracking back. The two Southport lads ripped him inside out time and time again first half, should've been doubling up on them.

Crowther - did he play?
Sinnott - too many poor balls
Leather - looks a tad tired
Moult - better than most
O Keefe - very lightweight, too defensive.
Lawrie - poor but at least he tried to have a go with a few shots
Reeves - well off the pace
Rankine - should've come on sooner, had their centre backs rattled
Bowerman - did same thing about 6 times with his right foot
Crowther never does play will be way off match fitness needs game time to get match fit then see how he does

Hulme Robin

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 07:45:14 PM »

Diabolical - utter tripe. We were out-muscled in every 50 50 ball. The players looked uninterested and disorganised. Yes we had a terrible ref but heads went down too easily. I can't understand why Rankine didn't start. Nothing worked today. I thought my day couldn't get any worse after wasting £12 on entry to the Southport town and country fayre to watch a goat race and a "dancing" Shetland pony (£3 for 10 minutes on a bouncy castle) - how wrong I was.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 07:55:39 PM »

Overall i think when everybody is fit we have a very strong starting squad but when it comes to options off the bench we have nothing. We have players which are simply not good enough namely okeefe and crowther. Although bowerman has scored the goals he has this season i dont think he is good enough. The goals he has scored i would have expected any player to have scored them. Maybe if he spent more time concentrating on the game rather than pulling his shorts up his legs and getting his thighs out then he would stand a better chance of creating more and getting more involved. I still have mixed opinions regarding sinnott as he can play brilliant at times and then other times very frustrating. I believe he has a place in this squad but we really need to offload a couple of players and make 2/3 signings i order to strengthen the squad to be what is needed at this level

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »

Presume all the new players have been put on contract so there is no way we can ship any of them out, unless we pay their contracts up. I assume we haven't the money for that so we're stuck with them for all season! When you look at the players Stockport have signed during the summer, it just goes to show how limited our management's scouting methods and contacts are. Why on earth Griffith has been signed when all he can manage is a few jogs along the touch line every now and again.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »

I'm going to pretend the game never took place, its the easiest way to forget.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

eightiesrobin

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »

I'm going to pretend the game never took place, its the easiest way to forget.

I like the way you think.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 09:26:38 PM »

What is so frustrating is that man for man,this team should be able to play 4-4-2. For some reason, they can't. Yes, very unfortunate that it shouldn't have been a penalty but a free kick,and the 1st goal was always going to be vital. But why was the player allowed to advance so far, and why did we ball watch for the 2nd goal. I had a feeling that Rankine would be on the bench, but replacing him with Reeves shouldn't be judged as a bad choice,but saying that I think he hasn't been the same Reeves since after the Guiseley game. Today he seemed to let the game pass him by.

So after today, watch us be weird again and get 7 points against 3 promotion contenders!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jenga

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »

Players out of position everywhere due to injuries. We were a shambles today. Griffin was exposed time and time again on the left as left mid did no tracking back, assume that was Bowerman, who is a forward? Moult was dragged all over the place and didnt look like he knew where to go. Sinnott was playing with his eyes shut, we had no bite in midfield, nothing upfront, nothing creative. The ref was bloody aweful and it we were getting a little wet hehehe.

We certainly missed all our injured players and we had a patch work team, many of which by all accounts put in a right shift on Saturday.

With our first team we would have wiped the floor with Southport, as it was, we had no idea.

Unfortunately whilst we were sh*te, we cant really blame the team on this occasion, ir was simply a patchwork side.

We need reinforcements but not sure we will find any of any credability.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 11:29:22 PM »

With our growing injury list, the team was always going to struggle today, especially at a venue where we seem to struggle anyway. I was stood in line with the 18 yard line and confirm the tackle was before the line, but Griff should not have tackled from behind.

Losing simon from 3 minutes in was disastrous.

At that point, Sam should have come on and Jake moved to midfield. If Sam was never to be used then why have him on the bench.

With injuries as they are, I hope we can get a few loans in by the weekend.

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:22 AM »

What is so frustrating is that man for man,this team should be able to play 4-4-2. For some reason, they can't. Yes, very unfortunate that it shouldn't have been a penalty but a free kick,and the 1st goal was always going to be vital. But why was the player allowed to advance so far, and why did we ball watch for the 2nd goal. I had a feeling that Rankine would be on the bench, but replacing him with Reeves shouldn't be judged as a bad choice,but saying that I think he hasn't been the same Reeves since after the Guiseley game. Today he seemed to let the game pass him by.

So after today, watch us be weird again and get 7 points against 3 promotion contenders!!!
why should we able to play 4 4 2 Barcelona Real Madrid Man city and Chelsea don't play it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport - MATCH THREAD