PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans  (Read 18833 times)

VofD

Re: Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 11:02:43 PM »

Only guess work, but I assume they'll be allocated a certain number of seated and numbered tickets.

We could always ensure that Tranmere fans are allocated that section of seats in the main stand from which the Community Sports Hall completely blocks your view of the goalposts at the Golf Road End.

You really are pretty tiresome arent you, of 1100 seats maybe a dozen have that problem, once in 30 years has the stand been full and look what huge benefit the club has gained by the CSH, Get over it Cult.

Didn't you an hour later say" abusing fellow fans wasn't clever" You are a real knob.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »

Only guess work, but I assume they'll be allocated a certain number of seated and numbered tickets.

We could always ensure that Tranmere fans are allocated that section of seats in the main stand from which the Community Sports Hall completely blocks your view of the goalposts at the Golf Road End.

You really are pretty tiresome arent you, of 1100 seats maybe a dozen have that problem, once in 30 years has the stand been full and look what huge benefit the club has gained by the CSH, Get over it Cult.

I'm not sure that I'm anywhere near being in the supreme physical condition required to be able to get over the CSH, to be honest!

The original comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but it appears to have touched a nerve, so if you found it to be tiresome then I duly offer an apology.

However, what I do object to is you continually misinterpreting/portraying my bemusement at the geometry of the building as being some sort of a rabid anti-CSH vendetta.

I have contributed to the CSH fundraising and, if you should care to look closely, you will almost inevitably see me patronising the CSH after home games and even handing money over the bar in order to buy drinks.

In fact, if you recollect, I even had the grace to say hello to you in the CSH after last Tuesday's victory over Grimsby Town.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »

Fair enough cult, I have for ages understood your curmugeonly ways and should have realised that your comment was tongue in cheek,.... truce then  :D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 10:32:34 AM »

Get a room
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »

It'll be full for the Tranmere game though won't it (not that our sh*t record in cup competitions in the past twenty years is an excuse for it). I'd be interested to know if the club have or are planning to label those seats and sell them cheaper as restricted view or just let 1,100 people in and then deal with the fall out during the game.

I also don't see why we have to get arsey about admitting there's been a bit of a cock up building something in a football stadium that impacts on it's core purpose for spectators (watching a football match). An oversight if you will, rather than decrying someone as curmudgeonly, simple acknowledgement is a lot better. After all it's no great architectural wonder. It's a nice enough hall but not one of the country's great modern buildings - nor would I expect it to  be so.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »

Ballers, too much is made of this and it wasnt a cock up or an oversight either. It was just a matter of priorities for the club and its future which we all care about.

A few seats in the top left corner do have a restricted view of the corner area. I'd still be surprised if the main stand had 1100 people in it for this game.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »

Good, I'm sure cult will accept your acknowledgement that it wasn't ideal but couldn't be helped and that the club have made arrangements to ensure that when there is a larger than normal crowd there is an awareness of the restricted view.

p.s. It's a dozen seats in that you wouldn't sit there at any point. It's a lot more than that affected when you're talking about charging people £15 to watch the match.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »

Good, I'm sure cult will accept your acknowledgement that it wasn't ideal but couldn't be helped and that the club have made arrangements to ensure that when there is a larger than normal crowd there is an awareness of the restricted view.

p.s. It's a dozen seats in that you wouldn't sit there at any point. It's a lot more than that affected when you're talking about charging people £15 to watch the match.

Fair point which, as you will realise, I cant comment upon.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

According to a message posted on the Tranmere Rovers forum today, they have already sold circa 985 tickets for next Saturday's fixture.

It also appears as if their supporters are being advised that in the event of them wishing to sit down to watch the game at Alty, they can upgrade by paying the additional £1 in cash at the main stand turnstiles.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »

I would imagine the main stand will be full of Tranmere fans next Saturday.  Hopefully stewards and security will prevent anyone with a scouse type accent entering at the Golf Road End.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 07:58:26 PM »

Its not the first big away following in recent years when Wrexham first got relagated they bought 1600 plus fans that had the away and half the popular side and seats where they liked,
I don't remember that being a ticketed game but do remember we had the right resources i;e Police and stewards. That was the same Bank holiday weekend as well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:26:01 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »

Part of the problem is the fact that the main stand users have to use the same snack/toilet facilities as people in the home end. If this were not the case, you could just bar anyone from entering or leaving the stand via the home end steps. As it is, it will just need careful stewarding and policing. This is not a gripe at the club, by the way, just an observation on the situation.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »

With the above in mind, what is the old bar area now used for? I presume it still has toilets in it? I know it would need volunteers to make it work, but could that area be used as a snack/toilet facility for the stand, thus enabling the stand to be properly segregated from the home standing area?

All theoretical, I know, but I'm just brainstorming a bit.
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

Although I know there will be some people who follow tranmere that will be out to cause trouble (as there are at many ex football league sides at this level) I do feel the tone of this thread is almost expecting that trouble to occur. Talks of segrigating the main stand etc I think the right approach on Saturday is to have a visible police presence to deter trouble makers and to otherwise be as welcoming as possible so that those 900+ tranmere fans don't spend all there cash in the king George rather than the club so that we possibly can make some money out of the fixture in the way we would hope to make money out of a big cup game. There not animals (I know being Scouse is close) and so I feel we should be more positive rather than be creating an atmosphere of expecting trouble in advance. As previously mentioned we had close to 1600 Wrexham fans in one bank holiday and I don't remember any trouble.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »

So if they look at this thread your welcoming them but saying they are close to being animals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans