PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big big trouble
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Big big trouble  (Read 8419 times)

eightiesrobin

Re: Big big trouble
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 08:27:41 PM »

I don't disagree about the total impotence up front. I also don't disagree with your assertion that we are in big trouble. The last four games of last season were awful, which many felt was due to the players downing tools once safety was achieved. The start of this season has seen a continuation of the same malaise. The strikers remain toothless, the midfield is still short on creativity, and the defence still falls asleep once a game. 

Don't hold your breath in LS moving anyone on. He clearly believes in the credo of "if in doubt, do nothing".

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:50:06 PM »

Didn't think we played badly today, just thought we looked a bit weak in terms of fitness and first touch. That may come and improve with every game as we go along.

Typical Woking side, strong defensively with a couple of good quick players going forward but nothing spectacular.

Rankine and Bowerman looked promising. Reeves and Clee well down on fitness. Richman and Moult were excellent.

Problems certainly but don't feel we're too far away from goals and points.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 09:07:37 PM »

Right formation wrong lineup things improved when clee and reeves came on however we were still toothless like Pete said in a previous post Marshall will struggle against any nippy player on the deck in the 2 games I've seen we created nothing yet crowther didn't appear lee has kept crowther rightly or wrongly if lee didn't want him today or against forest green he will never want him because in both them games we created nothing
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:13:43 PM by Jimmy »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »

Crowther signed a 2 year contract
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »

Why give someone a 2 year contract who you don't rate he didn't play that much last season

eightiesrobin

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Crowther signed a 2 year contract

How do you know this?

I agree with Jimmy, sounds unlikely. Signing Crowther would have been a gamble from the start, given the rather downward trajectory of his career at the time, so why make your potential risk two years?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:43:25 PM by eightiesrobin »

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »

I didn't know about the contract but I believe he has just seems odd

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 10:41:27 PM »

If Crowther has signed a 2 year contract, that is just really really weird. It's not that I don't rate him. Far from it, I think he has a part to play in our battle for safety. It's just that the manager doesn't seem to select him - even when Nicky is unavailable now! There are just one or two signs that things behind the scenes are not quite right. Dens was pretty pissed off with a few of his colleagues on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big big trouble