News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Racing Post Conference Predicitions.

Author Topic: Racing Post Conference Predicitions.  (Read 5450 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »

They are tipping Alty to finish 18th this season.

"Continuity seems to be the watchword for Alty boss Lee Sinnott who has focused on keeping a settled squad. Prolific striker Damian Reeves should continue to find the net and Alty should have just enough to stay in the division."

They are tipping Grimsby to win the league, with FGR, Eastleigh, Tranmere and Wrexham to fill the play-off spots.
They suggest that Boreham Wood, Kiddy, Southport and Welling will finish in the bottom 4.

Is this a fair assessment of the division?
They really should be beating teams like us

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Racing Post Conference Predicitions.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »

Not being pessimistic - more a case of being wary of Second Season Syndrome - but I'd take 18th now, to be honest.

Can't really argue with the Top 5

Borehamwood's recruits don't seem to have come cheap
Kiddy have been playing the same violin for 2-3yrs now and never seem troubled
Southport have recruited decently on the face of things (but did the same last year and struggled), there's definitely something to be said for a settled squad (they're almost the opposite mentality of us)
would have to agree with Welling going down

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »

i think its wrong ....I think we will not only survive but be quite comfortable , a settled squad who all know what they are doing , I think these so called experts have been listening to the negative vibe that's our forum and like the rest are completely wrong top 8 for us   ;D
FFS

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:09:55 PM »

Here's Alan Alger's prediction for us:

https://blog.betway.com/football/vanarama-national-league-this-is-the-year-forest-green-justify-their-huge-investment/

I think it's definitely going to be much tougher for this season. We've made a couple of decent signings but it's hard to judge at this point whether we'll be competitive in mid-table or fighting for our lives.
Like every year we're in the National League each point we gain is a huge achievement but I think this year more so than 14/15 it's going to be a massive struggle from the start where "digging in" will be more prevalent. I personally can't wait for the fight, sometimes it's a much better feeling to scrape a draw away at Grimsby etc and gain a precious point rather than wining 4-0 at home in the North for example.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »

I'd be shocked if Chester finish as high as 6th and macc as low as12th don't agree with a lot he has put think Woking and southport may go down though

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:33:12 PM »

I disagree with you re. Chester Jimmy. They've signed a number of players I wish had signed for us and I think they may get a play off place this season. The winner will come from Tranmere, Grimsby and Eastleigh with FGR doing well again. 18th is probably about right for us, but I do think Kiddy and Macc will struggle this season.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 08:06:19 PM »

I really can't see why macc will struggle they are well funded and have a decent manager and team

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »

I could be completely wrong about Macc Jimmy. I just notice that there has been a large turnover of players at that club and they've lost a number of key defenders they had last year.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »

https://blog.betway.com/football/vanarama-national-league-this-is-the-year-forest-green-justify-their-huge-investment/

I think it's definitely going to be much tougher for this season. We've made a couple of decent signings but it's hard to judge at this point whether we'll be competitive in mid-table or fighting for our lives.
Like every year we're in the National League each point we gain is a huge achievement but I think this year more so than 14/15 it's going to be a massive struggle from the start where "digging in" will be more prevalent. I personally can't wait for the fight, sometimes it's a much better feeling to scrape a draw away at Grimsby etc and gain a precious point rather than wining 4-0 at home in the North for example.

Alan Alger is not exactly the best tipster in the world is he?
They really should be beating teams like us

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

Alan Alger is not exactly the best tipster in the world is he?

True but it is interesting to see what the "experts" think of our chances. I can pretty much guarantee that the Racing Post will be wrong about a few things too.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team