PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Port vale match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Port vale match thread  (Read 5166 times)

Hamilton

Re: Port vale match thread
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 11:23:10 PM »

No I was at the game Sybil, were you? You seemed to have opinions even when apparently not going to some of the earlier games. And yes, I was at the game today, and have also been to 5 other PSF's thus far.

I think George is going to be a good player for us, time will tell but you are writing a new player off before the season has even started. For chrissakes he only signed this morning, give the lad a chance to prove himself.

Sorry but finding your posts very negative and they depress me; and I definitely don't want to go down that road again!!!

Goodwin

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »

I think maybe the problem here is we felt we needed a really good striker to come in, the conference standard replacement for Walshaw we've not had, and maybe simply can't get. From what I've seen of him we've had worse players but I feel we needed something more than someone out of the bargain bin.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 05:30:36 PM »

I think maybe the problem here is we felt we needed a really good striker to come in, the conference standard replacement for Walshaw we've not had, and maybe simply can't get. From what I've seen of him we've had worse players but I feel we needed something more than someone out of the bargain bin.

Unless a sugar daddy comes in, the bargain bin is as good as it gets. I think Bowerman may be a decent player at this level. He's certainly got to be a step up on Gillespie.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 08:16:32 PM »

I agree, but as I say time will tell; however why we are writing the team off before a ball has even been kicked in anger?

Wait and see, yes we lost a few games before the end of last season, but this is job starting now, not job done and the pressure is off.

Kick off the season with a win against the veggies; and lets judge them when they kick a ball in anger, current results bear no relation to the last 8 games.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Port vale match thread