PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Keeper signed
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Keeper signed  (Read 13584 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Keeper signed
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »

In regards to Deasy I notice that when he appears for us he'll have played for us, Vics and Macc. Who was the last player to do that?

Thinking about it I can't really remember any. I can think of a few who played for us/Macc/Runcorn (john imrie) or us/vics/Runcorn (Eddie bishop?)

But not many if any for Alty/Macc/vics

Go.....

Edit: blimey I can definitely think of one, a very successful player at each club over a 16/17 year period?
John Imrie played for Vics as well - so he is one

and of course Darren Tinson

Phil Power is another one to have played for Vics, Macc and Alty.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 07:23:54 AM »

Think dootson gets unfairly blamed for Eastbourne. Was a pretty steady keeper all in all and if you concede 4 goals to the bottom side at home it isn't just down to one player for me.

Good luck Tim. Also 30 is not past your best for a keeper to whoever mentioned it. It's widely regarded that keepers are at their best after they turn 30 in a lot of cases

Steady keeper? He was horrendous. Fleetwood away seems to have been forgotten as well.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 07:51:19 AM »

Cult, Phil Power is the player I was alluding to.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »

Think dootson gets unfairly blamed for Eastbourne. Was a pretty steady keeper all in all and if you concede 4 goals to the bottom side at home it isn't just down to one player for me.

Good luck Tim. Also 30 is not past your best for a keeper to whoever mentioned it. It's widely regarded that keepers are at their best after they turn 30 in a lot of cases

Point taken, but look at the steady downward trajectory of his career: League 2 > Conference premier > Conference North > Evostik South.  

Anyway, I'm labouring the point a bit here. Good luck to him, hope he proves me wrong.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:31:54 AM by eightiesrobin »

Jezza

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 09:17:48 AM »

We are simply not going to sign a top notch quality keeper better than stu and sit him on the bench....who would come and do that?

So welcome Tim, hoping you will prove a steady keeper and I'm sure you will get games.

What is more important for us is to have a more solid team ahead of the keeper...that is priority number one.

When stu does retire or make clear he is happy to be 2nd choice I am sure we will bring in a suitable number one keeper....but how do you replace God???  ;D

I do agree a preferable option would be to bring in a young promising keeper and develop him....but lets wish Tim all the best....

ROMEO48

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »

Slightly off topic....thinking of ex Vics players made me wonder where John McAliskey was these days. Apparently he was last heard of with Royal Dolphins in Division 2 of the Huddersfield League. Still only 30. And no we shouldn't be looking at him  :D

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »

We are simply not going to sign a top notch quality keeper better than stu and sit him on the bench....who would come and do that?

So welcome Tim, hoping you will prove a steady keeper and I'm sure you will get games.

What is more important for us is to have a more solid team ahead of the keeper...that is priority number one.

When stu does retire or make clear he is happy to be 2nd choice I am sure we will bring in a suitable number one keeper....but how do you replace God???  ;D

I do agree a preferable option would be to bring in a young promising keeper and develop him....but lets wish Tim all the best....
I think the keeper is a priority and we shouldev made the plunge and got a keeper who is better than stu but we have took the easy option however I do think deasy will be a good number 2 keeper

Alex

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »

In regards to Deasy I notice that when he appears for us he'll have played for us, Vics and Macc. Who was the last player to do that?

Thinking about it I can't really remember any. I can think of a few who played for us/Macc/Runcorn (john imrie) or us/vics/Runcorn (Eddie bishop?)

Go.....

Michael Welch

Jenga

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »

Coburn is arguably one of the best keepers in the league.

He has showed this season he still has more to give.

Good luck Deasy.

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »

If coburn was still one of the best keepers in the leauge then deasy would be a good signing as number 2

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

Go.....

didn't val owen play for a few of the sides ?
Michael Welch
FFS

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 12:13:21 AM »

Go.....

didn't val owen play for a few of the sides ?
Michael Welch

Val only played for Vics (twice) of those clubs. Also Hyde, Halifax, and Southport.

1874 Northwich fan

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »

Lee Elam played for both V*cs and Alty to i recall
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Keeper signed