PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Kitterick interview
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Steve Kitterick interview  (Read 7403 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Kitterick interview
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

A lot of those have come recently I think but 15 is a good effort in a conference team that only has 26 points

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »

The trouble is Jimmy, if we're going to say that every striker that's done well in Conference North is a 'level below' we could end up with a Steven Gillespie again! We know there are plenty of decent players operating at that level, who for one reason or another haven't played in the national league, or who haven't been given a fair crack of the whip in it. I'm pretty sure that the likes of Gray, Hopley, Marc-Williams, Spencer and Durrell would come into the managers thinking if they were available and interested in a gig at Alty.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure when we signed Damian Reeves into our Conference squad, he had been playing in the Conference North for Telford and Alfreton the season before? He was definitely unproven at this level anyway (Histon and then Northwich), and look how he's turned out. I much prefer the idea of signing promising player from the league below, its not exactly far fetched to suggest that offering contracts to mature "league proven" players runs the risk of them becoming complacent at a part-time Conference side. Gillespie, Twiss, Elam...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »

Reeves got a few at Farsley though 13/14 or so. Not earth shattering but a reasonable effort in an outgunned side.

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »

My point is that I don't think the likes of hopley and Marc Williams are that good at the level below not that I dont think we shouldn't  get players from the confrence north I'd be happy to see about 4 players from guiseley alone join us infact I don't think we have the money to get good players at are level so I would look in confrence north
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:08:33 PM by Jimmy »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »

I'm sure Lee would be monitoring the situations of all the lads mentioned in this thread come the end of the season

Although out of the Colwyn Bay options, surely Obi Anoruo represents the best one? Pacey and has bagged plenty at North level, untried in the Prem (don't think he got any game time under Saunders at Wrexham)

And as much as I feel Durrell would be unrealistic anyway, signing another 'No10' would surely mean taking a strong decision on Lawrie as we can't afford to have two of these players on the books

I'd also add Adam Boyes from Guiseley on to the obvious target list from the North - Tony Gray got to be worth the first enquiry

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »

Very excited about how we could fare next season with the right additions. However the first priority is to secure the services of most of the current squad, as it was the loss of key players (and failure to replace them) that really contributed to our downfall last time we were in this league. It would be great to continue this consistent year on year improvement that we've seen in recent seasons.
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »

Don't like the thought of Durell. But we do really need that type of player.

Sort of player that'll happily celebrate in front of an entire Chequers. Mcgivern / Walshaw esque

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »

It won't be an option because he is good enough to earn more
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Kitterick interview