PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The team going forward???
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The team going forward???  (Read 6742 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The team going forward???
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »

Play lawrie behind reeves then we have a good player if he is on the wing he is a waste of time it's simple keep him play him behind reeves and we will benefit

That's what I was saying.
Thank you.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »

I'd keep Lawrie, he's got the ability to score at this level. Ideally we'd be strong enough for him not to be in the starting line up.
I think if we're playing 4-5-1 as we need to then you need a solid midfield 3 with the creativity coming from the flanks.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »

We need another keeper that is a priority if stu is happy to be second choice is get rid of Parton if not stu also if we are to move forward Gillespie perry and Sinnott jnr won't move us forward
Why get rid of Parton? He was obviously brought in as a long term replacement for Stu.
We need a keeper next season who is better than stu and I don't think Parton will be

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:37 AM »

I think we are forgetting that we have been very fortunate this season with the low number of injuries that we have had. A couple more out each game or one or two long term injuries, we would not be in the league position that we currently in.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »

I'd keep Lawrie, he's got the ability to score at this level. Ideally we'd be strong enough for him not to be in the starting line up.
I think if we're playing 4-5-1 as we need to then you need a solid midfield 3 with the creativity coming from the flanks.

I think we'd definitely all value having 3 men in midfield (and that would surely necessitate having 2 wingers for balance?) than getting a couple of pieces of James Lawrie magic per season.

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »

Don't forget we have lost williams since the start of the season too, so Wilkinson, Gillespie and Williams is three out, two of whom were probably on decent wages so could be replaced with first team  quality players.

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »

We need another keeper that is a priority if stu is happy to be second choice is get rid of Parton if not stu also if we are to move forward Gillespie perry and Sinnott jnr won't move us forward
Why get rid of Parton? He was obviously brought in as a long term replacement for Stu.
We need a keeper next season who is better than stu and I don't think Parton will be

Personally I've not seen enough od Dave Parton to judge his abilities, but I have said before that the transition from Stu to Dave has not happened as I seem to think it originally planned.  Too much Syu, not enough Dave.  Once we are mathematically safe Dave should be given the No. 1 spot.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The team going forward???