PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy highlights from May 1994
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kiddy highlights from May 1994  (Read 5477 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:53:45 PM »

http://youtu.be/jmPAKSNbfDQ

At 41:51 there are brief highlights of our 1-0 win at Kidderminster in 1994, the day they won the title. Definitely worth a look.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kiddy highlights from May 1994
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »

Delwyn Humphreys.. Good player for Kiddy

He has played for and managed a few local teams round here over the years. Market Drayton being one that comes to mind.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »

Tremendous stuff, reminder if needed of Carmo's passing and Bombers aerial ability.

Also, in the preceding game a deadly finish from Gateshead's Paul Dobson, class player he was.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »

Takes me right back that. Fully started following Alty the next season.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »

Lovely away kit I got thrown out paid in home end at they walked me round to away end again

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »

Lovely away kit I got thrown out paid in home end at they walked me round to away end again

Were you wearing a top hat or is my memory deceiving me?
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »

Yes

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »

great find thanks
ParkINson's red and white army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 06:33:43 PM »

What a pity that review doesn't contain any footage of our 1-0 victory over Kidderminster at Moss Lane earlier that season and, in particular, the winning goal courtesy of Mark Ogley's punt from his own half.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »

http://youtu.be/jmPAKSNbfDQ

At 41:51 there are brief highlights of our 1-0 win at Kidderminster in 1994, the day they won the title. Definitely worth a look.

That is absolutely superb PCCP.......I watched the whole thing.

I have some brief highlights on video from 'Midlands Today' that I recorded at the time, as I was living in Birmingham then, but these highlights are much better.

There are quite a few former Alty players featured in the other games e.g. Simeon Hodson, David Gamble, Steve Haw & Kidderminster certainly had some class players.

In the Kidderminster v Bromsgrove derby, broadcast by 'Wire TV', John Helm's match summariser is Martin O'Neill. Mr. Helm couldn't have possibly dreamed that one day, he would graduate to the dizzy heights of Radio Robins & have the privilege to have such broadcasting luminaries as Paul Salt, Lucy Laryea, & Mike Reeves performing the same role! It's John Helm commentating on our game as well...I'm not sure who the summariser is, but he's nowhere near as posh as Ian Watmore!

That old stand at Aggborough is not dissimilar to the main stand at Shildon. There was so much space at Aggborough around the pitch, that the old stand remained behind the new main stand for a few years after the new one was built.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »

That old stand at Aggborough is not dissimilar to the main stand at Shildon. There was so much space at Aggborough around the pitch, that the old stand remained behind the new main stand for a few years after the new one was built.

I remember thinking at the time, even with the ground as it then was, that it was a travesty to deny them promotion. I know the rules subsequently changed, but when you consider that Accrington were allowed in with their dump of a ground a few years later, it makes it even more of a joke.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »

What a pity that review doesn't contain any footage of our 1-0 victory over Kidderminster at Moss Lane earlier that season and, in particular, the winning goal courtesy of Mark Ogley's punt from his own half.

I can't recall the home result the previous year but we had at least 3 one nil wins over Harriers in 2 seasons there.

I can tell you where else Mark Ogley scores for Alty though (his only other goal I think).

Go...

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »

I can't recall the home result the previous year but we had at least 3 one nil wins over Harriers in 2 seasons there.

I can tell you where else Mark Ogley scores for Alty though (his only other goal I think).

Go...
Away at Farnborough?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 11:21:32 PM »

Possibly, I remember Hayde, France, Saunders And Tunna scoring but not the 5th. Don't think it was Ogley though and certainly not the goal I'm thinking about.

Also, flynny is it true that Paul Dobson nearly became an Altrincham player on more than one occasion?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 11:22:17 PM »

Go...

I think that we drew 2-2 against Kiddy at home in 1992/3.I'm pretty sure Mick Carmody scored (his first goal for Alty, I think) & we were 2-0 up.

As for Mark Ogley's other goal, that's a tricky one.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team