PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUR Altrincham XI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: YOUR Altrincham XI  (Read 30672 times)

Jimmy

Re: YOUR Altrincham XI
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 08:20:42 PM »

Jesus  ;D Sybil it's a bit of fun not a hanging offence, everyone has there favourite times of supporting Alty. Brenden Burke was not an Alty legend but god he could play (as you'd know if your football knowledge existed outside of Altrincham). FFS  :P
If that's the case you could pick Twiss and kilkine

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »

I thought Shotton was awesome for us.  I could not believe someone could read the game that well at 19 years of age.  I picked him because I think he deserves to be in the 11 based on his form in an Alty shirt

Stepney - certainly had presence.  He owned his penalty area, headbutt from Forshaw notwithstanding.  he wasn't a great shot stopper (I was amazed he saved the penalty at Rotherham) but his distribution was the best I had seen.  NO sooner had he grasped the ball in his white gloves than he had thrown it to Barry Howard stood on the half way line to launch a counter atack

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »

Not sure Shotton should be in. He was good but not as good as he is now. Also I give more credence to conference over conf north when considering merits of players.

Very rare I disagree with ballers however I thought shotton was a class player even in his days with us I didn't pick him because I don't consider him our player
strava

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 09:33:53 PM »

He was good but my point is he didn't quite do enough all told to get into an all time XI and that people were looking more at his post Alty career.

The fact we got relegated with Shotton, Young, Turnbull and Litttle shows how bad Sedgemore and Whalley were.

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »

For fun here my team

Coburn
Densmore S
Densmore P
Young
Baker
Daws
Anderson
Shaw
Showler
McKenna
Little

Subs

Wealands
Cuddy
Harris
Watmore
Reeves

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:56:56 PM by Sybil Crowther »

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »

Head on a brick wall  ::) Jimmy & Sybil  please read the thread title !!! (it means in mine or anyone else's view) did you go the the Drill Field  for the 6-1 win in the 90's ? & yes Burke potentially the best player we could have had bar injuries & he was by far the best non league player of that time. Have watched Alty since the eighties & the Unibond winning side of Russell, Ellender, Harris etc my favourite season.
Hope you're still up.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:27 PM »

cant believe im the only one that think gorton was the best keeper at alty but you all follow sheep : :D :D :D :D :D (by the way that was a joke)
FFS

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »

Head on a brick wall  ::) Jimmy & Sybil  please read the thread title !!! (it means in mine or anyone else's view) did you go the the Drill Field  for the 6-1 win in the 90's ? & yes Burke potentially the best player we could have had bar injuries & he was by far the best non league player of that time. Have watched Alty since the eighties & the Unibond winning side of Russell, Ellender, Harris etc my favourite season.
Hope you're still up.
you have watched Alty since the eighties and you pick Burke in your all time Alty team?

I'm laughing - this must be a wind up surely?

Jimmy

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 10:36:20 PM »

Hope you're still up.
I went the drill field for the 6-1 win in my opinion Burke could've been good don't agree he was the best non leauge player of the time however fair enough

GB Alty

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »

Hope you're still up.
I went the drill field for the 6-1 win in my opinion Burke could've been good don't agree he was the best non leauge player of the time however fair enough
I was there also, it was league cup tie played in front of 400 people, so nobody really arsed

Burke was a good Unibond player - probably a legend at Mossley, Witton and Stalybridge

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »

1. Stuart Coburn
2. Shaun Densmore
3. John Davison
4. Paul Ellender
5. Paul Rowlands
6. John King
7. Paul Showler
8. Ricky Harris
9. John Rogers
10. Damian Reeves
11. Barry Howard

Subs: 12. Duncan Watmore, 14. Ken McKenna, 15. Graham Heathcote, 16, Tony Kelly, 17, Kevin Ellison

A very sentimental team - my favourite players in (roughly) those positions. It was the Barry Howard/JR combo which made me fall in love with Alty. Ricky Harris had that undefinable "influential" tag. King the ultimate ball winner, Showler the most skilful, Reeves I feel like I've watched grow up as a footballer over the last 4/5 years etc,etc.
By the way the comment about Stepney and distribution is spot on. In my formative teenage football years I had never seen a keeper who contributed so much to outfield play; incredible distribution. From a great generation of British goal keepers: Banks, Jennings, Clements, Shilton, Southall, Eales etc.
In my opinion Tony Kelly is the most technically gifted player to ever pull on an Alty shirt - if only he could have been arsed (wouldn't have played for Alty if he was I suppose)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:12:31 AM by Alty TV »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »

Alty TV, no Jeff Johnson. I am shocked. What a player he was for us. He could play in any position up the spine of the team. Total Legend.

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »

Havent seen anyone name Ronnie Ellis....a fans favourite and a superb player.....shows what good players we have had in our time

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

Ronnie Ellis always at the forefront of my mind in these debates, didn't know where to pick him though. Legend

Jimmy

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 01:56:54 PM »

Indeed remember the quality goal to take us to wembley don't think I will so another moment like that
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YOUR Altrincham XI