PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TUESDAY match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TUESDAY match thread  (Read 5892 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: TUESDAY match thread
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »

Nice and fresh for Macc away

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:29 PM »

Interim manager while John Gregory is off sick after heart surgery. I think it went quietly under the radar, as first I saw of Saunders there was when he asked about bringing players in.

I couldn't make 7th anyway,but will bizarrely go on a Tuesday night,if for anything it's randomness
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

eightiesrobin

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »

Interim manager while John Gregory is off sick after heart surgery. I think it went quietly under the radar, as first I saw of Saunders there was when he asked about bringing players in.

I couldn't make 7th anyway,but will bizarrely go on a Tuesday night,if for anything it's randomness

No  - I mean why is their manager (Saunders or Gregory) a knobsock?

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »

We should aspire to be like Dover, came up the same way as us, smaller club so I am sure they don't have any bigger budget

Yet third round of the cup against a premiership side (beating two league clubs along the way), now quarter finals of the trophy, and of course still well in the hunt for play offs

Time to stop patting ourselves on the back and take notice - it could quite easily have been us

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:52 PM »

No  - I mean why is their manager (Saunders or Gregory) a knobsock?
Saunders earned the title while managing Wrexham ("I know we didn't score, but we got 32 crosses in") and having a squad that including Frank "Horrible Horrible Man" Sinclair.

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »

We should aspire to be like Dover, came up the same way as us, smaller club so I am sure they don't have any bigger budget

Yet third round of the cup against a premiership side (beating two league clubs along the way), now quarter finals of the trophy, and of course still well in the hunt for play offs

Time to stop patting ourselves on the back and take notice - it could quite easily have been us

I think that's one of the many reasons people on here are so frustrated. I didn't see any "patting on the back" after Blyth or Bath?  As you say, it could quite easily have been us.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 06:05:26 AM »

Dover may have a bigger budget than us I don't know however the way the cup draw came out we shouldev had the done aswell in the cups regardless

GB Alty

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »

Dover may have a bigger budget than us I don't know however the way the cup draw came out we shouldev had the done aswell in the cups regardless
why would they have (or had) a bigger budget than us?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 05:41:17 PM »

I was talking to a group of Dover fans on Redhill station last Saturday.
When I told them about Alty this season they said it sounded just like I was talking about Dover.
We are very similar in standard, budget and squad.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »

why would they have (or had) a bigger budget than us?
I never said they did my point was basically we have f**ked up in the cups
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TUESDAY match thread