PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not even worth getting cross anymore
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Not even worth getting cross anymore  (Read 20532 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 24, 2015, 04:53:10 PM »

Complete farce, they were toss, as were leek, as were blyth,as were trafford, as were fc United and the list goes on, last cup game I attend away from home, shambles

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Not even worth getting cross anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

Altrincham no pace fc, they knew at half time we were toothless, and gambled, we don't pack the midfield, we don't win, furious

arnald

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

Save your self a few Bob Pete next season we no what to except now

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

Play offs it is then , could do with another forward though

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »

Didn't go, so can't comment. From commentary / match updates it sounds like a Nuneaton / Alfreton / Telford type performance. This team needs a therapist!

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »

I'm not sure we lost through any lack of effort on this occasion. Well done to Bath who threw absolutely everything at that, albeit spurred on by the most one-eyed ref in Christendom. I just don't think we can compete against the sort of opposition who get in our faces - missed Cav and Sean badly today. At least now we can concentrate on the league - still pig sick though!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »

Same old same

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »

Gutted to go out but surprised this is being compared to the cup low performances. Nothing like it from what I watched.

Didn't create enough chances but showed plenty of endeavour I thought. They defended well in everything we threw in the box and we
didn't get the important goal that was going to settle it.

Bath weren't brilliant but worked hard and it was always going to be 0-0 or 1-0 to someone. Not wanting to single players out but we had frustrating Lawrie today and Gillespie is stealing a wage of us.   The others gave their all I felt but we got undone by a free kick that should never have been given.   No excuses though, we should have beaten them but just couldn't get the breakthrough.

Decent club Bath, good luck to them in the next round.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »

Not lack of effort but toothless  at half time they knew that and went forward  as soon as Williams was sent off Saturday and cav wasn't fit that worried me we have become awfull unless we pack midfield let down f**k it I am not happy

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »

Gutted to go out but surprised this is being compared to the cup low performances. Nothing like it from what I watched.

Didn't create enough chances but showed plenty of endeavour I thought. They defended well in everything we threw in the box and we
didn't get the important goal that was going to settle it.

Bath weren't brilliant but worked hard and it was always going to be 0-0 or 1-0 to someone. Not wanting to single players out but we had frustrating Lawrie today and Gillespie is stealing a wage of us.   The others gave their all I felt but we got undone by a free kick that should never have been given.   No excuses though, we should have beaten them but just couldn't get the breakthrough.

Decent club Bath, good luck to them in the next round.

It's being compared to the other cup lows because they were no better than the  teams the beat us in the previous loses mate

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »

Bob on jim, they were a mid table BSS side, and looked like one, only differnce being they had three pacey lads to bring on, we had Perry (not his game at one down) and that other one that should be on loan at trafford, it was no different to any of the other cup disgraces, it was basically fc United away but 50 quid dearer

thegazelle

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »

I enjoy the new bar but I'd love a pint at wembley more
like ,
 its saved me 600 quid for a flight home though

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »

In fear of being shot down, I would have started with Perry today. When we went forward we were toothless and they knew that. Defenders are scared of Kyle because he is big and awkward. We just didnt have numbers or quality in attack. Also without making any excuses, every rebound off any player seemed to bounce to one of their players.  I think 1-0 was a fair result and you could see it coming. Sadly our best chance in years of getting to Wembley, blown away. I cant see any excuse for playing poorly against poor teams.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:15:23 PM by RedhillAlty »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »

they did not turn up in the first half,and just as halftime was coming we could have taken the lead,but baths goalie pulled of a great save,Stu had nothing to do in the first half.Second half they stepped up their game and did threaten a bit more.At one stage i tried to offer the ref from Plymouth my glasses he had missed so much.Our problem was we were giving away to many free kicks in the channels and it was from one of these they scored.The ref had played advantage, but after they had advanced and their player was stopped by a last second tackle he then called it back for the foul.I found everyone at bath was very friendly and helpful i must admit.Lawrie did not have the best of games in midfield and gave the ball away to many times,but then their midfield did also
Harold

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:56 PM »

First half both teams poor, second half they stepped it up and we didn't respond.

An absolutely devastating result. Lee Sinnott MUST change the way he approaches cup games. Treating them exactly the same as league games doesn't work because other teams raise their game in cup matches and we just don't. Our record in the Cup and Trophy under LS is abysmal. Six defeats to lower league teams in eight competitions. I really, really hope this latest embarrassment forces him, finally, to reassess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team