PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Northwich away  (Read 35024 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northwich away
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »

Believe it or not, a book is being written on the Cheshire Senior Cup; what it used to be like and how it is now. I am doing a bit of research for the author and conducted an impromptu interview with Taxi Phil on Tuesday night. If anyone has any more thoughts on the competition's decline or memories of big CSC games in days past then I'd appreciate it.
And before anyone asks, no, I don't know why anyone would want to write a book on it!
I have a copy of a book on the early years of the Senior Cup (1880-1915) by a chap called Keith Clayton. Basically it's a season-by-season record with some match reports. There was talk of a second volume but I for one haven't heard any more of it.
As to thoughts on the decline of the CSC, yes, I have some; you could date its gradual decline to the inception of the NPL (1968), the FA Trophy (1969) & finally the APL (1979) & the consequent widening of bigger clubs' horizons. I could rabbit on about this but will save others the pain of reading my verbal diarrhoea at the moment - I might try to put my thoughts in some sort of order at some stage!

This one is less about statistics and more about why the competition is still played when it doesn't seem to stir up the slightest bit of interest in players/fans...I believe there's going to be some interviews with Cheshire FA officials.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

Re: Northwich away
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:30 PM »

Hash tells me he once went to an away CSC tie at General Chemicals in sub zero temperatures. Now THAT is dedication.....we're not worthy Stu  ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:05:23 PM by Romeo 48 »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away