PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Northwich away  (Read 35034 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northwich away
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 12:13:56 AM »

Any vics players worth having? What was Aboubacar Sanogo like?

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:03 AM »

Been informed that they weren't much of note but obviously I can't comment fully.

Only player of note over at Tameside Stadium was FC United's Tom Greaves. Never stopped running and reminded me of Damian Reeves in that regard, very comfortable on the ball and took his goal well to add to the two he scored on Saturday. It seems FC always have a decent striker.

Both sides were pretty uninspiring and the ball was in the air for the majority of the game, but Chorley didn't even try to play football really. They were very poor technically but I expected as much when I saw James Dean was leading their line. If they're a legitimate Conference North play-off side then the gap between the hell we were in last season and the national division has never been bigger.

Further, if that's even remotely the standard of football we can expect from Bath City then we'll do well to lose our tie.

bighairedmike

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 01:11:53 AM »

What a waste of time that was. I'd like to have known that we'd be playing the entire reserve team tonight so I could have decided not to go. The lads won the first 20 mins 0-0 and it looked like they they were going to rip Flixton apart, but then skill and enthusiasm was no match for stamina. As soon as the legs went the other lot had time and space and Brian Somerville looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Didn't you read the main site?

Also we played mostly youth players against Tranmere in the semi finals last year

And in the final the year before?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2015, 07:06:11 AM »

I was trying to remember when I'd seen some of these faces before. The website said fringe and reserve players. None of the ones I saw were exactly fringe and there is no real crossover between the reserve and first teams, despite a couple of unknowns on the bench at Kidderminster as unused subs. I would have expected some of the lesser used first team players using the game to get match fit.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:13 AM »

How many vics fans there ?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »

Been informed that they weren't much of note but obviously I can't comment fully.

Only player of note over at Tameside Stadium was FC United's Tom Greaves. Never stopped running and reminded me of Damian Reeves in that regard, very comfortable on the ball and took his goal well to add to the two he scored on Saturday. It seems FC always have a decent striker.

Both sides were pretty uninspiring and the ball was in the air for the majority of the game, but Chorley didn't even try to play football really. They were very poor technically but I expected as much when I saw James Dean was leading their line. If they're a legitimate Conference North play-off side then the gap between the hell we were in last season and the national division has never been bigger.

Further, if that's even remotely the standard of football we can expect from Bath City then we'll do well to lose our tie.

Maybe it was because he was playing against the rebels without a cause.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »

How many vics fans there ?

Is that a trick question?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »

Maybe it was because he was playing against the rebels without a cause.

Superb work Sir. Played.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »

Should rename themselves North Korea Victoria.

"Vics began the defence of their Cheshire F.A Senior Cup this evening with a 4-0 destruction of Vanarama Premier side Altrincham in the competition's second round. Josh Amis grabbed a quick-fire double close to half-time and Mike Roddy extended the lead to 3-0 with a confident penalty on 70', with sub' Richie Bennett completing the scoring in injury time".

Can't wait to read the full report.

Hamilton

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »

Should rename themselves North Korea Victoria.

"Vics began the defence of their Cheshire F.A Senior Cup this evening with a 4-0 destruction of Vanarama Premier side Altrincham in the competition's second round. Josh Amis grabbed a quick-fire double close to half-time and Mike Roddy extended the lead to 3-0 with a confident penalty on 70', with sub' Richie Bennett completing the scoring in injury time".

Can't wait to read the full report.

Kim Il Rushe scored a hat-trick...

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:47 PM »

No

Hamilton

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »

in front of a packed stadium of 55,000 adoring fans!

Hamilton

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 12:55:44 PM »

GB Alty

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »

I was trying to remember when I'd seen some of these faces before. The website said fringe and reserve players. None of the ones I saw were exactly fringe and there is no real crossover between the reserve and first teams, despite a couple of unknowns on the bench at Kidderminster as unused subs. I would have expected some of the lesser used first team players using the game to get match fit.
If they were first team fringe, then we have serious problems

GB Alty

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »

What a waste of time that was. I'd like to have known that we'd be playing the entire reserve team tonight so I could have decided not to go. The lads won the first 20 mins 0-0 and it looked like they they were going to rip Flixton apart, but then skill and enthusiasm was no match for stamina. As soon as the legs went the other lot had time and space and Brian Somerville looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Didn't you read the main site?

Also we played mostly youth players against Tranmere in the semi finals last year

And in the final the year before?
Not actually the case - this was the first time we put a total reserve/youth team out - none of the 16 man squad have played for the first team this season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away