PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Northwich away  (Read 35037 times)

ripleym

Re: Northwich away
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

I went to phophotograph the 1874 games vs GNE and was very impressed with the setup at the Barton Stadium (less so the floodlights!) and was made very welcome by all, despite not making a secret of the fact I was an Alty fan.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 05:48:48 PM »

A viable northwich team need to be a strength in non-league again, the current situation is very sad, I miss runcorn too
Bernard Taylors barmy army

roytonmike

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »

Saw 1874 at Mossley (playing Oldham Borough) earlier this season; they provided the vast majority of the crowd (216 was the total figure) & the fans were the authentic old Vics support. I hope they continue to prosper.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »

was made very welcome by all, despite not making a secret of the fact I was an Alty fan

They like Alty fans at 1874 - they got used to me :-)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »

Saw 1874 at Mossley (playing Oldham Borough) earlier this season; they provided the vast majority of the crowd (216 was the total figure) & the fans were the authentic old Vics support. I hope they continue to prosper.
[/b]

Blasphemy, Mike, surely?

Does Jeff Forshaw mean nothing to you.....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 07:40:21 PM »

[/b]

Blasphemy, Mike, surely?

Does Jeff Forshaw mean nothing to you.....?

If they are the true inheritors of the Authentic V*cs (which they are), they really should be the target of our opprobrium shouldn't they? The others are beneath our contempt which is why we're sending the ressies to play them.  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 10:13:20 PM »

What a waste of time that was. I'd like to have known that we'd be playing the entire reserve team tonight so I could have decided not to go. The lads won the first 20 mins 0-0 and it looked like they they were going to rip Flixton apart, but then skill and enthusiasm was no match for stamina. As soon as the legs went the other lot had time and space and Brian Somerville looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »

We've lost to a team with Brian Summerskill in it.
Sinnout
Full time and proud of it

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »

Didn't disgrace themselves and they will have learnt a lot from tonight. Shame we couldn't get on the scoresheet.

We said on the way back, you'd like to take Jim Rushe to one side and say 'Really? What are you or anyone getting out of this?'. So depressing to see 2 Northwich fans!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 10:53:53 PM »

Farce

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »

FC United won.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20:19 PM »

I applaud tonight's team selection and hope the first team either had a well earned rest or a light  training session in initial preparation for Saturday's key fixture against torquay 

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »

I applaud tonight's team selection and hope the first team either had a well earned rest or a light  training session in initial preparation for Saturday's key fixture against torquay 

This is it. The key result of the night for us was 9 man Halifax somehow winning 2-1 at Dartford, gotta be a morale crusher for the Darts. Obvs no chickens being counted here with recent talk of our epic 96-97 charge to relegation, but the current bottom 4 don't have many games in hand and all too have GD that's significantly worse than ours. The first XI have just played 6 games in 21 days and done a fair bit of travelling too so can't argue with the selection tonight. I'd been disappointed if I'd paid money to watch it but the bigger picture is very healthy at the moment.

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »

bumble

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:43 PM »

What a waste of time that was. I'd like to have known that we'd be playing the entire reserve team tonight so I could have decided not to go. The lads won the first 20 mins 0-0 and it looked like they they were going to rip Flixton apart, but then skill and enthusiasm was no match for stamina. As soon as the legs went the other lot had time and space and Brian Somerville looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Didn't you read the main site?

Also we played mostly youth players against Tranmere in the semi finals last year
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich away