News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richard Hill....

Author Topic: Richard Hill....  (Read 6189 times)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Richard Hill....
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I-_y51vY8Q

Nothing too controversial here.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hill....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »

Bulldog chewing a wasp there. Clearly on the defensive about his southern mercenaries select XI losing at home to part time Altrincham. As well he might when Jai Reason is on 2k a week. They were a very limited outfit I thought given the amount of cash that had obviously been spent on their squad.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »

He comes across as a remarkably difficult man to like with no idea why his team lost or what to do about it to improve and frankly he doesn't seem to care either!

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »

Prime contender for this season's Knobsock.

I notice that his " team that everyone wants to play for" have lost Stuart Fleetwood who's gone back to that other wonderful village club in Gloucestershire.

Nothing to do with money obviously.......

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »

2 things stand out for me there;

He dismisses that it was a bad day at the office, but weren't right in the final 1/3. With the forwards they have, I would say those forwards had a bad day at the office.

The point his side have played 5 games in 15 days. We have also played 5 games in 15 days, so that excuse won't work.

We fully deserved that today, battled well and limited them to few chances. Great goal from Dens
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »

A very poor interview from someone who is clearly in dire need of some 'communication skills' training.

He looked agitated by the questions and his answers to the questions gave the Eastleigh supporters watching the clip absolutely nothing.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »

He acknowledged the fact that Altrincham have had the same schedule and that it couldn't be used as an excuse.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 10:27:36 AM »

I haven't seen his interview but with that budget it's a poor show not to win the leauge got football leauge forward line blue square south defence

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »

Very defensive.
Arms folded during all the interview !!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

He tries to intimidate his young interviewer in a way that Lee and Tols would never dare do with the majestic Flynn.  (other than to quietly point out to him that we are in the Conference National)

eightiesrobin

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »

They may well get to the promised land of the Football League, but the location of their ground could prove problematic. For those who didn't go, to get to the ground from the main road, you have to walk maybe 600 yards down an unlit country lane with no pavements. In fact, car drivers were held back in the car park to allow pedestrians to leave first. I have read that AFC Fylde's ground is similarly situated.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »

Just watched the highlights video on YouTube and the quality wasn't a patch on AltyTV. Don't know if it's the camera or the operator but it seemed quite jumpy and not the smooth production that we are accustomed to.
Very weird distribution of Eastleigh fans in the big Meccano stand in the first half - seemed to be spread out as far as possible from each other.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »

Reminds me of a bloke I used to work with whose name really was Richard Head. True story, honest.  :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »

Reminds me of a bloke I used to work with whose name really was Richard Head. True story, honest.  :)
[/quote
I used to be responsible for allocating system ID's at my last place of employment. The protocol was first 6 letters of surname and up to 2 initials. So when we employed Richard Long I couldn't resist bending the rules and tagging him as LONGDICK. He never complained himself....but my line manager had it changed to LONGRJ within 48 hours. No sense of humour.

I still think my favourite was a temp we took on called Oliver Orr. Temp ID's were prefixed with Z so no tweaking was necessary to make him ZORRO.

Our present squad would, of course, include MARSHAT (It's all in the pronunciation).

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

He tries to intimidate his young interviewer in a way that Lee and Tols would never dare do with the majestic Flynn.  (other than to quietly point out to him that we are in the Conference National)

;D ;D ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richard Hill....