News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 safe at xmas

Author Topic: safe at xmas  (Read 2595 times)

Jezza

safe at xmas
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

15 points clear of relegation with 16 games to go....normally the teams at the bottom only average a point a game if that.......

This is a superb achievement by Lee.....but we must not rest on our laurels....what an opportunity we now have.....to play our way and relax....

We are as close to the play offs as macc are to dropping out of them...7 points.....

I just have this feeling in my water we are going to beat them in the play offs.....after they've gloated about league position being so more important than beating them twice....

so lets aim high.....and well done to all who travelled today....I am going to follow mr George heslops plea on radio robins and turn up to as many games as I can to rooooaaarrrr them on.....we're gonna have one hell of an end of the season!!!!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: safe at xmas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »

15 points clear of relegation with 16 games to go....normally the teams at the bottom only average a point a game if that.......

This is a superb achievement by Lee.....but we must not rest on our laurels....what an opportunity we now have.....to play our way and relax....

We are as close to the play offs as macc are to dropping out of them...7 points.....

I just have this feeling in my water we are going to beat them in the play offs.....after they've gloated about league position being so more important than beating them twice....

so lets aim high.....and well done to all who travelled today....I am going to follow mr George heslops plea on radio robins and turn up to as many games as I can to rooooaaarrrr them on.....we're gonna have one hell of an end of the season!!!!!

Just as long as we don't get too carried away with fantasy play off scenarios  ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:23:25 PM »

One point a game is all we need to be safe.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »

Not a moan (honestly) but if only we'd managed to take a few more points off the four teams at the bottom the gap would be even more impressive.
As others have said we probably lack the consistency to contend for the playofs but mid-table would be a great effort. I expected us to be battling relegation as that's the case for most promoted teams unless they have a huge pot of cash to spend.
Well done to Lee and the players.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

I'll be happy if we stay up this  season.
To be the highest placed part time team would be a bonus.
To finish the season higher than Macclesfield would be fantastic. ;D

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »

The betting site statto.com allows you to compare a teams results against the Top half, and the bottom half

Against teams in the Top half, we are 8th.  Against teams in the bottom half we are 21st!

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »

I'll be happy if we stay up this  season.
To be the highest placed part time team would be a bonus.
To finish the season higher than Macclesfield would be fantastic. ;D
The highest placed part time side are Woking so that bonus won't happen but were doing well
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 safe at xmas