PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55127 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:57 PM »

Left you a voicemail let me know if you need any further detail

Thanks Wayno....have got your voicemail message & I think that you have provided all the information needed.

Good man!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »

Have we not consider a kick starter kind of thing?

Not sure if kick starter or the others charge fees but the style of fundraising could work?

Thanks Jack....I have had a look at the 'Kickstarter' website at:-

https://www.kickstarter.com/

It's not immediately obvious to me how this might be a better route to go down, but I may be missing something?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

It's clearly not ideal that your seat has a restricted view of the pitch, however I would have thought that there are plenty of other seats available that do not have such restrictions. I think that we understand that not everyone will want to support this, which is why we are looking for 100 people to contribute £100 rather than 1000 people to contribute £10.

I'm not sure how this initiative impinges on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »

Could you not add £1 to the entrance price, paying £15 rather than £14 won't make any difference to most fans.

I totally agree.
But we know that isn't going to happen because £1 is a major factor in a lot of our fans lives!!!!
We could put tins at the gate, for those who do want to help, or the bucket collections go towards the target.
Brian, count me in ,I will help out.
We all have to dig deep😄

Thanks B. 4D........I'll send you a Personal Message
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:37:26 AM by Brian Flynn »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:48 AM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

Is it really so outrageous for fans to be asked if they can help out for something like this? If you don't want to or can't afford to help out then just don't do it.

Got to be worth asking though.  Hopefully we will get something on the turnstiles as well to take it outside of this forum and to the hundreds of people not on here.

FC United fans funded a huge part of their own ground and take great pride in that.  We should be doing the same in my opinion.

The team that have put this together have gone about it quietly and without fuss for about 2-3 years.  It's not like every week we have had something pushed at us for more money for it.

After years of pouring tenners into VAT and income tax blackholes, I think it's great to be asked to contribute to something you can physically see and that will be of benefit for many years.  I haven't got £100 spare but I will find a tenner a month.  Will email you for bank details Brian to setup the standing order.

Thanks Mark for that. I will progress your idea about having something at the turnstiles.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »

Brian I will contribute by actually using the bar, most people who post on here don't. I put far more in than £10 a month that way

It would be nice if more than the current 10-15 hardcore use this new bar

Thanks Uday........ultimately more people making use of the new bar facilities on matchdays & other events, is probably the main operational objective of the non Sports Hall activities & you are contributing to that. This is different though, in that it is about setting up the facility as best we can & doing justice to the building itself in terms of people's experience on matchdays.

I am very confident that more than 10-15 people will use the new bar.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 12:35:16 AM »

My suggestion would be that for now we take the 3 rather large television screens from the Noel White Suite, get them in the Community Hall (and switch them on and learn to use the remote control so we can switch the relevant football/results service on at peak times for customers rather than having the yachting/cycling/antiques roadshow on) and get the bar used. The money would soon be raised.

I'd also suggest that given that Saturday would be the one day a week we get a real footfall coming in the bar that we attempt to string it out as long as possible, i.e. not kicking people out when they want to stay in.

Sorry, going into a slightly old rant there, I was just trying to back up Uday's point by saying that I can cope without fantastic new big screens etc for now (the old tvs were fine when used properly) let's just get them in, get the bar making money and then the screens can be first item on the agenda.

For the record, I don't have £100 (and I'm not sure you'll get many takers 5 weeks before Christmas) but I will look to give what I can if bucket collections are made and if the opportunity was there to give more money by letting us stay in longer than has previously been the case that would be good.

They are great for the NWS Ballers but the CSH is massive in comparison & I don't think that they will do the job.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »

Ballers, I don't where you get your ideas from regards the bar usage. Because ever since Jenny & I HAVE BEEN LICENSEES nobody has ever been asked to leave before they wanted too. Other than when functions have been booked in advance. Matchdays the bar is open from turnstiles opening till the last person has finished, which is usually the stewards, who are volunteers who don't get paid. As the same applies to, Jenny & myself. Compared with the times you depart, we get home a lot later. Every matchday I am there 12 hours per day. The bar does'nt have a lot of visitors pre-match because a lot, go into Altrincham & arrive @ Moss Lane 2.45 p.m. So we don't get the usage we need to raise voluntarily.

George, sorry this hasn't come across as I meant, or as well as I'd like but your post has inadvertently made my point better than I did. I'm saying we need a very fresh approach above and beyond what we do now i.e. we somehow have to maximise takings by having customer needs served i.e. someone on hand to sort customers out , to be available to sort tvs out etc which we can't do when it's all hands to the pumps serving drinks like it is now. We might have to speculate rather than accumulate rather than relying on long hours from the likes of yourself. If this means paid bar staff (not that expensive) so be it. We've spent £800,000 on this, it can't become a damp squib.

My point is it's a completely new building and we have to look at what doesn't currently happen as opposed to what does. I,e can't just say the bar doesn't have a lot of visitors because people drink in Alty til 2.45  It may well be that they know they mighn't get served at that time due to us having a small bar and large queues. Do we know whether customers leave because they know it's not open all night or because they leave at 6pm anyway? Possibly both but with us only having 1 day of heavy footfall we need to find out.

I actually had Saturday in mind when I wrote this as a bar full of people watcng the All Blacks game in wrexhams bar got turfed out but I will have to agree to disagree with you in that I've been asked to leave before Im ready before

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 07:47:29 AM »

Could you not add £1 to the entrance price, paying £15 rather than £14 won't make any difference to most fans.

How about charging the away fans what they charge us at their grounds.
I have Barnet and Aldershot in mind in particular AND keep them in the away end ;)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »

How about charging the away fans what they charge us at their grounds.
I have Barnet and Aldershot in mind in particular AND keep them in the away end ;)
Nice as that might be, league rules state that you have to charge home and away fans the same amount for the same type of seating/standing.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »

How urgent is the need for this 10k. Could we not arrange a friendly with one of the big N West teams for the end of season to offset the cost or is the money needed sooner rather than later.

bumble

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 11:02:46 AM »

Have we not consider a kick starter kind of thing?

Not sure if kick starter or the others charge fees but the style of fundraising could work?

Thanks Jack....I have had a look at the 'Kickstarter' website at:-

https://www.kickstarter.com/

It's not immediately obvious to me how this might be a better route to go down, but I may be missing something?

Effectively, whilst Kick start do take a lot of fees, it is a way of crowd sourcing g investments but also encourages people to feel involved with every details of a project and feel they've played a role. Hyde kitted their bar out in a similar fashion after the bar was set alight

The club offers different levels of investment in exchange for small gifts rising to large gifts. However The money is only collected if the total is collected.

The gifts on Hyde ' s weren't the best such as chance to be on their radio for the day, but I'm sure we could offer something

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »

Hmmm.

Is it really so outrageous for fans to be asked if they can help out for something like this? If you don't want to or can't afford to help out then just don't do it.

No, it's not outrageous but it still totally contradicts what we were assured when this project was announced i.e. fundraising would not be sought from the established sources.

I'm certainly not surprised that it's come to this but I am saddened.

It's also rather insulting to many of those main stand season ticket holders who have been treated so shabbily with regard to the restricted view issue.

Here's an invitation: pop up to the rear of the main stand after the Kidderminster match on Saturday; have a chat and survey the scene.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »

Hmmm.

It's clearly not ideal that your seat has a restricted view of the pitch, however I would have thought that there are plenty of other seats available that do not have such restrictions.

Really?

You don't say?!

Forgive me, Brian, but that is an extremely glib response and one that's very easy to throw out by someone who is tucked away nicely on his free seat in the gantry.

I purchased my season ticket back in June in good faith.

The club should have advised me beforehand that my chosen seat of many seasons now has a restricted view of the pitch.

They didn't.

Still nobody has actually accepted responsibility for this architectural cock-up or even apologised for it.

Why should I have to move from my seat just because Ian Foden's grasp of geometry is clearly deficient?

Isn't it funny how the Flaggers have been accommodated with some new terracing and a bit of roof cover.

Now, could that possibly be because that just happens to be the area where Ian Foden himself stands?

Perhaps they should have been inconvenienced and told to relocate, too, and then the CSH could have been extended out even further.....and I could have looked at a few more bricks when we get a corner at the Golf Road End?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »

I have to agree with Cult particularly re moving seats. ..I get pissed off when we can't stand under the Gantry due to a massive scaffolding structure being there so the likes of Paddy Crerand can hobble up to the commentary posn. Football fans have favoured positions to watch games from and I expect Cult has sat there for many a season.

I stand on the popular side simply because back in the 50s/60s that's where I stood with my Dad.

I think the attitude of saying to fans with restricted views "Just move then" is crass at best and in poor taste. (Very surprised with that attitude).  Dont bite the hand that feeds you. Maybe a bit of PR training is needed especially now that the opening of the CSH
is imminent
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!