PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOUT!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: SINNOUT!!  (Read 25094 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SINNOUT!!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 06:26:30 PM »

There is something else we need to think about here as well

We are now in a full time leauge with part time players

On paper we are relegation fodder from the off - it was the same last time we were in the leauge

These players have jobs and now have to travel and play football at a harder level - how tiring is that i wonder ??

Thats why Walshaw went

Now im not making excuses and i wont just like the captains log on the official site - he takes full responsibilty and they should

I suppose what angers me and most on here as well is how we turn up for some games and not for others

We have won games i thought we would be comprehensively beaten in and we have lost games that begger belief ( Southport away , Blyth and Telford away to name 3 )

It feels like we raise oursleves for the big games ( however if Blyth was not a big game i am not sure what was)

In summary - im not happy like most on here - but on paper sadly we will lose more than we win at this level (leauge games)

If lee keeps us up that has to be mission accomplished does it not?

I suppose its the manner we play in - I was fuming at Southort even more so at Blyth

Like i have said before i can take losing that does not bother me but not when we dont give a sh*t

The manager is the leader and both captian and manager should lead inspire and motivate the team to success

All i ask in 100% commitment

ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Further to this though Lee has to take action

He cant do nothing

I agree that the weakest players have to leave ASAP and new brought in

If we do nothing we will fail - i am certain of that fact

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 06:52:59 PM »

Uwe Röslers available..
Sensible suggestions please Peter

The lads from Guiseley will do for me

I hardly think Boshell is going to come back after all the song and dance he made of going to Guiseley last year.

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »

On paper we are relegation fodder from the off - it was the same last time we were in the leauge

These players have jobs and now have to travel and play football at a harder level - how tiring is that i wonder ??

Thats why Walshaw went

Now im not making excuses and i wont just like the captains log on the official site - he takes full responsibilty and they should

I suppose what angers me and most on here as well is how we turn up for some games and not for others

We have won games i thought we would be comprehensively beaten in and we have lost games that begger belief ( Southport away , Blyth and Telford away to name 3 )

It feels like we raise oursleves for the big games ( however if Blyth was not a big game i am not sure what was)

In summary - im not happy like most on here - but on paper sadly we will lose more than we win at this level (leauge games)

I suppose its the manner we play in - I was fuming at Southort even more so at Blyth

Like i have said before i can take losing that does not bother me but not when we dont give a sh*t

The manager is the leader and both captian and manager should lead inspire and motivate the team to success

To be fair only half this leauge full time it has changed from when last up

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

I didn't realise I thought we were in the minority of part time teams didn't realise it was 50 50

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

I'm fully confident that he'll keep us up. It's not like we're masses of points adrift of safety is it? We're not even in the relegation zone!

No it's not, but we should be a good 10 points further away
I'm fully confident that he'll keep us up. It's not like we're masses of points adrift of safety is it? We're not even in the relegation zone!

I suspect you are im the minority.

In all honesty this happens after every defeat at the moment and I think that whilst Blyth was an absolute abomination, we're doing alright in the league. Spouting stuff like "sinnout" and "changes desperately needed" every other week is a massive over reaction to a fanbase that in the majority has frankly acquired impossible expectations and a spoilt attitude from somewhere. Lee Sinnott has overseen some poor performances, made some bad decisions (what manager hasn't?) and I agree that we need to drop 1 or 2 players this year, but he is also responsible for picking us up after a dire relegation campaign, getting us promoted playing the best football I've seen supporting Alty and improved us on paper every season. We're in pretty much the same position as we were last time we came up from the North yet I can't recall the fans being nearly this hostile.

I remember after Ferriby away, after Gloucester A and Harrogate H last season that we'd completely written ourselves off from getting anywhere near the top 5 yet we did it. We'd have also given anything to be in the national again playing Macc and Bristol amongst others but now that we're actually here I think that some are taking it for granted. We're a newly promoted side through the playoffs, part time and we're 18th in the Conference, a league where every point is an achievement for a club like ours. Not too bad really.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:34:19 PM by GolfRoader »

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »

Please don't go on about part time see post above besides iv seen wank like southport and Nuneaton and alfreton and it wouldn't be much of achievement to beat them

roytonmike

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »

No it's not, but we should be a good 10 points further away
I suspect you are im the minority.
In all honesty this happens after every defeat at the moment and I think that whilst Blyth was an absolute abomination, we're doing alright in the league. Spouting stuff like "sinnout" and "changes desperately needed" every other week is a massive over reaction to a fanbase that in the majority has frankly acquired impossible expectations and a spoilt attitude from somewhere. Lee Sinnott has overseen some poor performances, made some bad decisions (what manager hasn't?) and I agree that we need to drop 1 or 2 players this year, but he is also responsible for picking us up after a dire relegation campaign, getting us promoted playing the best football I've seen supporting Alty and improved us on paper every season. We're in pretty much the same position as we were last time we came up from the North yet I can't recall the fans being nearly this hostile.
I remember after Ferriby away, after Gloucester A and Harrogate H last season that we'd completely written ourselves off from getting anywhere near the top 5 yet we did it. We'd have also given anything to be in the national again playing Macc and Bristol amongst others but now that we're actually here I think that some are taking it for granted. We're a newly promoted side through the playoffs, part time and we're 18th in the Conference, a league where every point is an achievement for a club like ours. Not too bad really.
Very sensible post. I agree that there appear to be very inflated expectations in some quarters. To maintain our status in this division would be an achievement to celebrate. We will need to wheel & deal a bit in January - the number of players whose position is in question might be 3/4 rather than 1/2 - but a sense of proportion is needed. I for one expected defeat on Wednesday after Sunday; I wasn't at Telford so won't comment on what I didn't see. On Saturday I hope to see an honest effort - any points from this game will be pure bonus. I have my reservations about the management team but still think them capable of leading us to 20th place (or marginally better) come the end of April, and that, if it happens, should be judged an entirely satisfactory outcome.

Jimmy

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »

We have lost to 6 part time sides and lost to all the bottom 5

Hamilton

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »

We have lost to 6 part time sides and lost to all the bottom 5

and - as good as some other results have been - that is just not good enough and truly shocking.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »

Thats why Walshaw went

To be fair only half this leauge full time it has changed from when last up
14 teams are full time 2 are in between 8 are part time that's not 50 50

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »

That's 33% part time if you exclude the in between teams who train 3 days a week

So on paper we would finish in the bottom third so we are exactly where I would expect us to be given the odds against us

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 09:14:11 PM »

That's 33% part time if you exclude the in between teams who train 3 days a week

So on paper we would finish in the bottom third so we are exactly where I would expect us to be given the odds against us
everything ok then? Let the happy clapping begin

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »

everything ok then? Let the happy clapping begin
read my original post I am far from happy I just want to fully understand the challenge against us stop being silly

Jimmy

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »

Granted I counted the sides that train 3 times a week as part time which they are but I make it 12 pro sides maybe wrong about Chester maybe 13
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOUT!!